What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

These ones had also fallen in the last storms , one of these had also fallen so i took the rest down as they have been dead a long time and wobbled when i pushed on them . Got a decent load of wood again . This Oak has been rotten on this side for a few years now but today we noticed it has a split going right up the main trunk now from the recent storms ,probably be one of the next ones to fall . 

IMG-20220313-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20220313-WA0005.jpg

• Like 2

Back to work after a week at hime doing jobs , nice to have a rest, although have walked i to a shed load of potential overtime now and being asked to cancel a few odd days leave i have before april as well ( paid back to me as sunday overtime  rate) all linked a bonus of 250 quid if i work 5 days ot between now and the 15th april (thats easy without weekends anyway , have stuff in already on my few holiday days 

• Like 1

Decided to put my house on the market, not intending to move very far, probably around 200 metres if it all goes to plan however, that does mean that not only do I have to empty the loft but I also then have to pack away every model that I have out on show. That is going to take quite a while in itself. The ones that screw into the base are quite easy but the ones that are held in place with that silly wire are far more difficult so not looking forward to that.

• Like 5

Monday lunchtime i took a call to say my chainsaw parts had come in so i quickly nipped over to Does at Framlingham to pick them up ,the case tractors are going out on hire any day now and the two green ones have been traded in for red ones  

20220314_143531.jpg

20220314_143546.jpg

20220314_143609.jpg

20220314_143624.jpg

• Like 3

Monday afternoon and most of Tuesday i was spreading this ORIGIN POLYSULPHATE (sulphur), normally get it mixed in with Nitrogen but this year it was not available , so i got straight nitrogen and this polysulphate ,neither was cheap but was the best way to do it allow it was a extra pass though the crops . I had never spread the polysulphate before and in the Amazone  book there is loads of different fertilisers listed but not this one ,so at 8am on monday morning i logged onto the Amazone website and told them what i had to spread ,rate it needed to go on at my planned forward speed etc and emailed it off to them in Germany ,10 minutes later i got a reply and 3 pages of information which i downloaded and printed off , set the spreader up as they had said and made a start ,i had 9 600kg bags to spread over 66ha (165 acres roughly i think) ,got it all done and there was just enough left in the spreader to run around the headland again on the last field to completely empty out ready for a wash down . Really good service and advice from Amazone 👍        

20220314_161051.jpg

20220314_162732.jpg

20220314_162759.jpg

• Like 8

15 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Off to West Cork for the weekend 

20220317_203254.jpg

Call into this place Cyril. Ó Murchú, Innishannon. Im sure you will pass it on your travels. You will like this place guaranteed. Loads off models,.. Tractors, trucks, cars, planes, books on machinery.. You name it. Well worth a look. Its only a normal Gala grocery shop from the outside, but a big surprise awaits you inside.. 😜

Screenshot_20220318_120235_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Screenshot_20220318_120402_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Call into this place Cyril. Ó Murchú, Innishannon. Im sure you will pass it on your travels. You will like this place guaranteed. Loads off models,.. Tractors, trucks, cars, planes, books on machinery.. You name it. Well worth a look. Its only a normal Gala grocery shop from the outside, but a big surprise awaits you inside.. 😜

That if my head ok after the weekend 🤪🍺😃😃

On 3/18/2022 at 12:08 PM, justy 46 said:

I came across this shop last summer, spotted the model sign in the window as I was in traffic so I popped in for a look. Nothing took my fancy but there was plenty in stock

in and out of the shed casting some tyres, and baking,18 rolls for work lunch, plus a loaf for the grandkids who insisted i did it , also been tweaking the ransomes body's and chassis ,so they have the smallest amount of glueing required now, which in turn aids in strength . have done a quick test print of the new chassis and it works well, which has also now got a working screw jack with it . plus had a test cut and fit with the 8 ton in the shed and found an issue with the positioning ,which has been sorted now, was only 5 mm out but stopped the body sitting flat, just drying of glue wise now,and thats ready for paint .

• Like 1

another great day here weather wise, so got home and fired up the outdoor pizza oven, cant beat the taste over the oven ,even though everything is  self made bar the meats which we get from a very local farm shop who makes those ,fennel salami, garlic and caraway suasion , spicy chicken(we make that and freeze it ready ,  with itallian fennel pulled pork , and  just over a minute in the oven done, i go stuffed crust with pepperonia and cheese in it (2nd pic) cause i can am i am fat 😀😀😀😀😀

8E264CAC-1A82-44FF-A068-2E66074DAD5C.jpeg

A5DC549A-2236-4110-9292-B34A8C5F85A2.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

another great day here weather wise, so got home and fired up the outdoor pizza oven, cant beat the taste over the oven ,even though everything is  self made bar the meats which we get from a very local farm shop who makes those ,fennel salami, garlic and caraway suasion , spicy chicken(we make that and freeze it ready ,  with itallian fennel pulled pork , and  just over a minute in the oven done, i go stuffed crust with pepperonia and cheese in it (2nd pic) cause i can am i am fat 😀😀😀😀😀

8E264CAC-1A82-44FF-A068-2E66074DAD5C.jpeg

A5DC549A-2236-4110-9292-B34A8C5F85A2.jpeg

Guess who is providing the grub next time we go to Zwolle  😁😁

• Haha 1