What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Have given a travel agent a headache by setting her a project to get me a three-week holiday in the USA with particular destinations/stopovers.

Flight to East Coast city - Washington perhaps

Train across the continent (or internal flights as an option)

Stopovers to visit Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Death Valley etc

Longer stopover at Roseville CA (in the Sacramento Valley) to visit my aunt and allow me to visit with a distant cousin in Kenwood which is also in the Sacramento Valley.

Perhaps a Stopover to visit Rick on the way

and then get me back home!

She went white, then controlled herself and asked me to write it all down for her.  I left her talking to her colleagues!

Yesterday went to the Aberdeen and northern marts christmas sale at thainstone centre very nice show and sal is a 2 day event but could only make yesterday, watched the bull showing then the sale of the bulls about 60 in total mostly charolais, limmosean, simmental and a couple british blues a Aberdeen angus and a saler also a dispersal of about 20 limoseans. Highest price was just over 4500 giuneas 9 month old bull calf went for about 1900 guineas. Good sale with a good bit of banter, today went to see cinderella at HMT in Aberdeen was very good.

sounds nice sue, wont envy you the filght back from the west side mind, dam long took us 11hrs back from san fran, and a overnighter to,

I am intending to return the way I came - back across the US by train and/or bus and take the shorter flight from the east coast.  I really do not want a long haul flight and want to actually see the country by passing through it rather than over it.  What is more I LOVE trains.  My aunt and uncle are thrilled with the idea. 

I could do Washington to Roseville (or vice versa) in two stages.  Washington to Chicago (25 hours) then Chicago to Roseville (49 hours) but then I would need a sleeper - there is no way I intend to try sleeping sitting up especially on a 49 hour train ride!

Half day today. Just delivered logs in Pewsey and Easton Royal. Now to Bishopr Cannings and Nursteed and then a couple to Melksham area which I'll have to cut as it isn't sizes which we stock.

Then to the house to sweep the chimney. . . woodburner coming in a week ;D

Well listen to Code of Business Conduct but looking on here whilst I do it. I hope I can pass the test at the end ;D

Oh dont you just love them Bill cannot beat a bit of business conduct have had several to do lately, but today just housework and looking after children have to get 2 of them from school later

Oh don't you just love them Bill cannot beat a bit of business conduct have had several to do lately, but today just housework and looking after children have to get 2 of them from school later

What really gets me is I got an email saying my Code of Business Conduct was due for renewal. I duly put it in my PPR folder ( Profit Performance Related Pay ) now that is a joke since no pay inceases or bonus during 2009 and more pay offs in the pipeline.

Then I got a email from my bosses boss one of those on the Management team saying Bill please take 5 minutes and get this done. I then got into the so called I'learn program to discover I was up to date until 31/01/2010 so what was the issue.

Transpires the UK finance director gets a email 2 months early and well hits the panic button.

Well I thought I had better do it so I sat and listened to an American voice and then after 30 minutes it crashed out.

I gave that up and then did it again today whilst on FTF.

Lasted 1 1/4 hours then the test. I got 8 out of 10 which I thought was not bad for not actually listening. The joke is you get to re answer the 2 fails and then you get 100% so you have ticked the box

The icing on the cake is you get to print out your signed certificate of completion ..

It really is a big big joke

But well I have to accept I work for a large owned tick the box American company and well for the moment it pays the bill's

I must admit I would be quite happy to get a decent pay off since I have been with them through successive takeovers 22 ye.years past 28/09/1987. Then again can I hold out for 30 years and get a Rolex watch....well my Seiko tells the time adequately for me.....

Rant now over because well it's the week end and relaxation time and a trip to Falkirk on Sunday for a toy sway / model fair

Shot into town to get some new paintbrushes (watercolour not the other type) for my latest project.  Found what I wanted in Range within minutes and then had to queue for 20 minutes 'cos they only had 2 tills working and no one packing.  It took almost all the 20 minutes for the checkout assistant to bag the decorations being purchased by ONE customer!  Lady in front of me complained to a floor-walker who just happened to be passing who muttered something about "lunch break" but this was after 2:00!  Suddenly a couple of packers arrived but neither the lady before me, nor myself needed items packed!

Came home and tried my new camel brushes - much better than the synthetic rubbish.

Been out for a walk in the rain, fixed the sheeting on the log store that had blown off, and have mended the gate at the top of our lane.

Had a very nice indian for tea, and have been in the shed for a couple of hours while Mrs + daughters watch that Dancing rubbish on Tv - gave me a good opportunity to do some finishing bits to a little project  ;D

the range eh, i know the guy who owns  that lot, plymouth based, this being his first store, he knew what you said then sue he would go nuts, hates customers having to queue

We certainly had to queue in Andover - I have only ever stood around that long some years ago in Homebase when their computer system crashed.  Believe it or not they were not allowed to take money - they could get to the cash drawers, all the items had price tickets on them but the idea of a sheet of paper to record the sales was not allowed.  They lost hundreds of pounds of sales because eventually we all gave up, left our goods where we stood, walked out and went across the road to Focus Do it All to get what we wanted.

Just got back from doing the large majority of my Christmas shopping with Mum in Scarborough, just got my Dad to sort out with some more plant D.V.Ds which he keeps pestering me to order, fussy get wasn't interested in a new padded work shirt I had offered him. Then again I was bought socks today and without wishing to sound ungrateful ( love you Mum ), i'm much more excited at the thought of my Imber Fords arriving.  ;D