What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Having a decent catch up on here after a hectic few days at both home and work. Boxed up most of my worldly posessions in readiness for moving out ( all but my computer and model collection ) and decided to order myself a new bed too. Finally got my Gran moved into a care home after her last random wander resulted in a fall and subsequent broken arm. Had a ride up to my Uncle's farm this morning to get some fresh air and take my first action photographs with my new camera, now relaxing at home stuffing my face with my Mum's baking. 

just spent a good part of today completing the basic build on the lely, so bar two wheel nut bits i need to make shes done i think, unless i spot anything extra tommorrow ,will be stripped then ready to paint, but i have some work to do tommorrow round my mothers so next weekend is paint time with luck, unless i can get some primer on in the eves

Into work this morning to subsoil and start to ridge up the first field that is coming spuds this year then finish at lunchtime and spend the afternoon in the garden putting the first two rows of early spuds in. Really nice out there and the first true day of T-shirt weather here despite the -5 frost last night

I've been working in the shed all day trying to get stuff ready for Spalding :)  I really need all day out there tomorrow but don't want to skip my weekly walk as my week on the Pennine Way is looming ever closer 8)

Made a start on this years felled beech today. Cut around ten tonne in four hours  :) for a chap we process firewood for and deliver it to his premises for his winter trade. Nearly all of it went through the eight and ten way splitters, exactly what we want for efficiency. Boss was pretty pleased.

I've been working in the shed all day trying to get stuff ready for Spalding :)  I really need all day out there tomorrow but don't want to skip my weekly walk as my week on the Pennine Way is looming ever closer 8)

IT was too nice a day to be modelling all day today ::)  so I walked for three hours while my little girl was at pony club 8)  the lady at the riding school said it would take four hours to do what I wanted to do...........2hrs 50mins get in!!!!! 10.3miles ;D

bootnecks call that yomping paul, you joining the marines then ??  ;D ;D

My 6 days on the Pennine Way is getting ever closer mate my shortest day is 12miles and the longest 21miles I have to 'yomp' has I can't find any hills in Suffolk :laugh:

Got out on the bike again this morning and did 35 miles. 

This afternoon mowed all the grass, 2nd time this year - very mild in Cornwall see  ;D

Also dug some nice dung into the veg patch, Must get the onion sets in this week if it stays dry, and see if the vintage rotovator will fire up  :laugh:

A ride in a recovery truck from Kinross to Drumoak with the A4 on the back. Well heck I had to get a lift home the price of fuel these days ;) ;) ;)

Seriously.... glow plug lamp warning light came on flashing on route from Gretna to Kinross yesterday and lost any turbo power. I called RAC this morning and they sent 2 separate recovery trucks for me (the first being a local driver versus distance). We left Kinross at 8am and was at the Garage in Drumoak at 10.10 so the recovery man made good time on the 100 mile journey.

Now awaiting a call from "Bangers" to see what the problem is after he puts it through the computer this afternoon.

ah the joys of limp home mode....

i believe the glow plug light on an A4 is meant to tell you there's an engine management fault. so could be almost anything controlled by the ECU, so anything engine wise, MAF sensor, lambda sensors, cat, injectors, glow plugs etc etc... it will just get plugged into an OBDII diagnostics and that will give a specific fault code for the part which is no longer working...

hope it's not too expensive, i believe diagnostics is about £80 a pop...