What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

I gave the 'new' ride-on a go in the field. Reasonably happy with the results, but the cutting deck is only working intermittantly (cutting out when I hit bumps and long grass) and it lacks power and hates slopes.

Honda by any chance?  ::)

Hondas are good machines! my pitbike is a honda engine and she's a beauty, sat in the garage all winter with a sheet over it through all that cold weather, got it out in mid march and she started first kick!

Thought that too.. Hence why we bought a Honda ride on..

Won't be buying another tho!  No use..

Thought that too.. Hence why we bought a Honda ride on..

Won't be buying another tho!  No use..

Oh dear, the only problems i have with my pitbike is if you haven't ran it for a while it spits and farts a little bit and also it keeps ticking over faster and faster but that doesn't really make a difference to me  :P

I had thought about doing that, but i don't have enough confidence in myself as i don't think i'd make the grade, everybody at school seems to push me harder than i can manage and then moan at me when i can't do it, especially my ICT teacher as i'm getting seriously behind with that and it's OCR Nationals so i could get a gcse out of it but i have a feeling i'm not going to make it  :-\

riseholme is good you'll get in and learn plenty there and get a load of qualifications while your there 

I gave the 'new' ride-on a go in the field. Reasonably happy with the results, but the cutting deck is only working intermittantly (cutting out when I hit bumps and long grass) and it lacks power and hates slopes.

sounds like a john deere with a mulching kit on they are terrible with the mulcher on

day off work tomorrow , going to help set up for the Vintage Metals annual show near kirkby lonsdale in cumbria , only problem is we've got a load of gypsies camped near the entrance but i think it will be ok.theres loads of tractors , cars ,trucks ,stationary engines etc plus lots more so if your anywhere near call in  . A65 1 mile east of Kirkby Lonsdale opposite the Whoop Hall pub

revising for last exam which is this afternoon  :-[ Maybe going out for tea with crew if we all agree where to go (potential of 20 of us) I intend on doing a weather dance at some point today to make it good weather for BA stores event on Sunday.

revising for last exam which is this afternoon  :-[ Maybe going out for tea with crew if we all agree where to go (potential of 20 of us) I intend on doing a weather dance at some point today to make it good weather for BA stores event on Sunday.

Please do Andrew since well the weekend forecast is not all that great........but I'll be there whatever the weather ;) ;)

started building the first fiber premisis network in the country today ,down in cornwall, while most are fiber to the cab(green boxes of ours you see) they are using this cornwall project as a test bed to this new service, testing limitataion to the network kit , only me building a total of 10 joints and 23 of  what we call blow manifolds, so a good few days work in there, plus all the associated paperwork with noting errors in design ect , theres 5 other sites in the uk, but we are a good 6 months ahead of them, so 100 meg broadband  here we come ,and they also told me today that the pcp based one is being upped from 40 meg to 80 meg services soon to, and the stuff i am making is going up to a possable 1gb service

started building the first fiber premisis network in the country today ,down in cornwall, while most are fiber to the cab(green boxes of ours you see) they are using this cornwall project as a test bed to this new service, testing limitataion to the network kit , only me building a total of 10 joints and 23 of  what we call blow manifolds, so a good few days work in there, plus all the associated paperwork with noting errors in design ect , theres 5 other sites in the uk, but we are a good 6 months ahead of them, so 100 meg broadband  here we come ,and they also told me today that the pcp based one is being upped from 40 meg to 80 meg services soon to, and the stuff i am making is going up to a possable 1gb service

:of :of :of :of :of

I only get 0.5 Meg  :( :( :( :(  ???  How longs that wire? Can you throw it over?  ;D

fiber can be as long as you want, every home in cornwall will have access to this in 3 years time, well the cab one, to date its only a few areas for the fibre to the house , the stuff they are coming up with if amazing speed wise now, its all down to the light frequencys  we are using and some clever stuff called wdm (wavelenght divison multiplexing) , its just down to the cards we put on the end as to how fast it will go

Irrigation.....AGAIN! Still not had any rain to speak of despite heavy showers being forecast yesterday, the two we did have gave us a whole mm of water, thats the first rain in over 8 weeks here!

Irrigation.....AGAIN! Still not had any rain to speak of despite heavy showers being forecast yesterday, the two we did have gave us a whole mm of water, that's the first rain in over 8 weeks here!

It's getting serious in these parts Gav dads place have pumped one reservoir dry and now have a 13ton digger in there making it bigger :of

Its the same up this way, we've done one 24mm pass on all of the spring barley and also on the wheat and winter barley on our lighter land. The carrots that were drilled Easter weekend haven't tried to germinate so have now hat 15mm of water and we're now pumping 18mm on the first 3 fields of spuds. We draw out of an Artesian well so are ok for water for a while yet as the water table is very high about here.

You can tell the difference around here between the spud growers crops who have irrigation and those that don't, I was speaking to one of our neighbours Friday who's son worked on another neighbouring farm and he told me the he'd been looking after 7 irrigators the previous day single handed and thats over a fairly wide area. Can see us running out of water around here during July at this rate if it doesn't turn wet soon :-\