What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Was one of them Graham Robson's Martin, I saw it going up the Moor road on his trailer while I was patiently and calmly watching for the arrival of Leslie's Fusion this morning!:D

Yes that's right, both are his, not a huge fan of that style of telescopics though, very limited vision down the offside and rear compared to the kramer.

calmly you say? When I'm waiting of a contractor I'm usually pulling my hair out. 

7 hours ago, mb86 said:

Yes that's right, both are his, not a huge fan of that style of telescopics though, very limited vision down the offside and rear compared to the kramer.

calmly you say? When I'm waiting of a contractor I'm usually pulling my hair out. 

I have to say I was far from calm, couldn't concentrate on what I was doing for watching the rain showers heading down the valley and looking for the baler and rake coming up the valley!! To say that stress levels were building rapidly would be an understatement!  :D  I know what you mean about telescopics, I often use a Loadall for wrapping and stacking bales and for that job they are perfect, but not so handy for working in tight yards or buildings:)

• Like 1

Had a call from a mate of mine the other day as he had got to move his standard fordson out of a low shed where it had been parked for the last 20 or so years he drove it in at the time but as its a non runner at the moment he was stuck as it was round up the corner from the doorway ,got my brain working and thought I reckon my little dumper is low enough to go in and bend around the corner and pull it which it did I also pulled out the Kubota lawn mower as it too is a non-runner at the moment they are now both in storage at the back of one of my sheds .The standard used to belong to a cousin of mine and lived in my village 37 years ago so it was a pleasure bringing it back home ,I have asked my mate if he will sell it to me and so far he has not said no we are going to have a chat again in the next week as we both have other things to sort out which are more important at the moment when I went back to get my dumper we also loaded up a plough that goes with the tractor it was dug up out off a pit several years ago in the Cambridge area and the person that dug it up saved it for my mate ,might be  another  winter project   

20170728_171556.jpg

20170728_171612.jpg

20170728_171626.jpg

20170728_171541.jpg

20170728_181923.jpg

20170728_195617.jpg

20170728_195631.jpg

• Like 5

This one belongs to my mate Eric he uses it on a trailer in his firewood yard the water pump went on it a few months back and I just did not have the time to fix it then so it was parked up out of the way but today I went and loaded it up with my mate spud and took it back to his as he said he would do it for me , it will be his Sunday project for the next few weeks as we expect the bolts in water pump to shear off as he attempts to undo them   

20170805_130919.jpg

20170805_130936.jpg

20170805_131001.jpg

• Like 2

I have had about 10 ton of dirt with a lot of bricks and lumps of concrete in sit in my yard for about a year now so the other day I got out my sieve/riddle that I nocked together several years ago to get the lumps out off 200 ton of asphalt planning's that the council said we could have as there had just dumped them in a disused layby not far away from mine anyway the dirt was a bit damp the other day when I put it over the screen but it got the big lumps out of it so I will put it over again but next time I have a old/damaged harris fence panel that I lay on top of my bars and as it has smaller holes/mesh it gets the other bits out as long as it is dry I now its not technical but it works it also gets the dust out of crushed concrete so you can lay the lumps out in the bottom of a track and then blind over the top with the dust/small bits   

20170731_164920.jpg

20170731_165005.jpg

20170731_165032.jpg

• Like 4

Always enjoy reading your updates smithy. That screen is brilliant, I might have to copy that one day and the fordson is a little gem, is it an older restoration? It looks very tidy. Keep up the good work. 

14 hours ago, mb86 said:

Always enjoy reading your updates smithy. That screen is brilliant, I might have to copy that one day and the fordson is a little gem, is it an older restoration? It looks very tidy. Keep up the good work. 

The screen is just some angle-iron fencing stakes that I had together with a few other bits and pieces once you have a bit of a heap on both sides you can push into it to get a bucket full away without it from moving and when I do need to move it I just get on the back edge with my bucket on the top lip hooks behind the top beamand rests on the bucket and just pick it up and move .the fordson was restored by my cousin over 40 years ago in one of our sheds that he used as a workshop he also lived on the farm and often on a sunday morning he would take it for a ride around the village, he then sold it to a good friend of mine and for the first 10 years or so used to show it I have driven it around a show ring a few times in the past anyway it has been in my friends possession for about 37 years but as he has just sold all his buildings and a small area of grass he had to find a new home the tractor has only been about 4 miles away from mine all them years but my mate has been living about 50 miles away the last 15 years so tractor was neglected so when I found out he had sold up I offered to store some of his stuff which I am doing he has said would I like to keep it as it is back home so we are talking about having a deal .Thanks for your comment at the start of this post its appreciated  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smithy said:

The screen is just some angle-iron fencing stakes that 

Simple but effective! You have a fair bit of history with the fordson, I hope you manage to do the deal and get her back in to yourfamily! Seems strange how when that tractor was restored 40 years ago, the  new tractors back then are now the ones being restored and paraded around the show ring. I doubt the same will be said for today's new ones!

• Like 2

Always nice whencyou "find" old bits of family history like that smithy , be nice tp see her running again .

for me sat on the lounger after breakfast in ajjacio , france . Currently 31 degrees at 8.40 in the morn, meant to hit near 40 so they say , same for tomorrow when we hit rome for the day 

• Like 1

Absolutely monsooned virtually all day on the Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambs borders where I live today!!    It was a wonder that any Wheat crops were still left standing.....................If this weather keeps up much longer it will just be a salvage what you can job,  milling wheat must be fast turning into animal feed.

When you look around the globe and see the horrendously high temperatures in Europe and the Americas also ruining the crops, I cant help thinking we could globally see some severe food shortages before this years out !!

32 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Absolutely monsooned virtually all day on the Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambs borders where I live today!!    It was a wonder that any Wheat crops were still left standing.....................If this weather keeps up much longer it will just be a salvage what you can job,  milling wheat must be fast turning into animal feed.

When you look around the globe and see the horrendously high temperatures in Europe and the Americas also ruining the crops, I cant help thinking we could globally see some severe food shortages before this years out !!

Got our milling wheat in Phil and our spring and winter barley, which mostly made malting grade. Started feed wheat but it was only just ready. I hope there is a shortage mate, it may increase the dire prices a bit. Big boys on 7000+ acres around here have hardly started really. They arnt even 25% through harvest yet, no rape due to last years weather and flea beetle mean there is a lot of wheat and Spring barley in the ground, so they didn't get a head start to get fields cleared early.

I suspect that the big boys will start hiring in extra machines to cope with the backlog,  which could make for some exciting photo opportunities...........................you cant beat a good ole circus in the field:P

I drove past the Mormons farm last year cutting rapeseed with all four S690i Deeres in the same field,  that's the most Ive seen together since 4 CR9090s back in 2014.   Seen a lot of threes and did see five once in the 80s with 4 Dominators and a demo CASE Axial flow all on a thirty acre wheat crop.

Velcourts, Kings Lynn Aug 11th 2013 canon 027.JPG