What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

19 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Well it was my son  birthday today got this cake make for him he loved it and you and eat it all 

IMG_7736.JPG

IMG_7733.JPG

Brilliant cake Cyril, hope you haven't nicked the tractor for your collection. :D

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chris.watson said:

I feel your pain lads, we got lucky yesterday, finished the wheat, backed the claas Tucano in the shed and an hour later it rained for 15 mins and gave us 16 mil. We hadn’t had a single drop here since may 27th. Cows have munched through 300 bales of fodder out in the fields already this summer. Not good.

I think if anything you have it worse down there Chris, things seem that way in the press and on Faceslap. Luckily I haven't had to feed too many bales and the clamp is still sealed shut but it's too late now to make up for the shortfall of first cut, the growing season is a couple of months shorter up here. 16mm won't make much difference, we've had some very heavy showers again today which will bring the grass back to life, I only hope the rest of the UK sees the same before too long. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SPN said:

Justin, you're going to miss the attempt at the most County tractors in one field tomorrow.

And the attempt at the most MF65s in the adjacent field.

Actually, that reminds me, I must charge the batteries in my camera.

I'd say if I was staying around , it would be off to the Bray Airshow or maybe the Hurling .. Cork & Limerick !! But the weather tomorrow for both events might not be ideal !! Lots of showers tomorrow . Get a few pics SPN if your heading to Tipp!!

• Like 2

I can remember watching them nuffields   racing about the sands when we went up there to grange over sands for a holiday paul, like little rocket ships going across between the ruts of the channels . Can also remembr the torturous drive back in the princess with the clutch worn smooth , flat out to 100 odd down a hill to allow it to roll up the hill the other side , especially down this way  

• Like 3

Great photos Paul, the 1174 looks immaculate and the 285 brings back some fond memories, all be it of an earlier 10 speed. The big 2wd 9700 looks a useful tool and looking past the faded paint looks very straight and tidy. Thanks for sharing your pics. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mb86 said:

I think if anything you have it worse down there Chris, things seem that way in the press and on Faceslap. Luckily I haven't had to feed too many bales and the clamp is still sealed shut but it's too late now to make up for the shortfall of first cut, the growing season is a couple of months shorter up here. 16mm won't make much difference, we've had some very heavy showers again today which will bring the grass back to life, I only hope the rest of the UK sees the same before too long. 

We did only 40acres of second cut when we should have done at least 150.we only got 1.2 bales an acre. We are about 1000 bales short on silage, so have made extra straw bales and will, if necessary, buy a feeder wagon and mix a silage bale with an oat straw bale to make it go further. The suckler herd will be fine on this ration. The fat stock will get silage until they go on cereal finishing rations. We have made 1200 hay bales for the horse customers, but if we need it, the horsey people will have to go elsewhere. We have now had 20 mil here in the last two days. Even the winter beans are being cut.... in JULY!!!!. Let’s hope we can keep stock outside until late autumn weather permitting.

6 hours ago, chris.watson said:

We did only 40acres of second cut when we should have done at least 150.we only got 1.2 bales an acre. We are about 1000 bales short on silage, so have made extra straw bales and will, if necessary, buy a feeder wagon and mix a silage bale with an oat straw bale to make it go further. The suckler herd will be fine on this ration. The fat stock will get silage until they go on cereal finishing rations. We have made 1200 hay bales for the horse customers, but if we need it, the horsey people will have to go elsewhere. We have now had 20 mil here in the last two days. Even the winter beans are being cut.... in JULY!!!!. Let’s hope we can keep stock outside until late autumn weather permitting.

Only just really started to grow after first cut here. No doubt there will be a lot of stock left out as long as possible, it's not an option with dairy cows up here, or at least not if you want to keep them in milk. Was a bit of whole crop silage not an option Chris?

18 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I can remember watching them nuffields   racing about the sands when we went up there to grange over sands for a holiday paul, like little rocket ships going across between the ruts of the channels . Can also remembr the torturous drive back in the princess with the clutch worn smooth , flat out to 100 odd down a hill to allow it to roll up the hill the other side , especially down this way  

Princess?? the old cheese wedge hahhaha showing your age there abit Sean ;) must have been a few moons ago....

15 hours ago, mb86 said:

Great photos Paul, the 1174 looks immaculate and the 285 brings back some fond memories, all be it of an earlier 10 speed. The big 2wd 9700 looks a useful tool and looking past the faded paint looks very straight and tidy. Thanks for sharing your pics. 

Cheers Martin ;) the 74 sounded as well as she looked, although the 6/98's weren't far behind in the the nice noise stakes..... just a pity i couldn't have got a few more photo's before the rains came

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Princess?? the old cheese wedge hahhaha showing your age there abit Sean ;) must have been a few moons ago....

I must have been 7/8 maybe , was a horrible car , my great grandad had a ambasador , used to drive him to the thursday market when harvest was on , he had that from new , another wedge car with no good points 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, mb86 said:

No wasn't a great lot overnight, the girls stayed out in the end. I've been doing a rain dance for nearly two months and it hasn't had much effect. :(;)

like to see your rain dance are you like me with 2 left feet haha (no I don't come from Norfolk:D)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, mb86 said:

Only just really started to grow after first cut here. No doubt there will be a lot of stock left out as long as possible, it's not an option with dairy cows up here, or at least not if you want to keep them in milk. Was a bit of whole crop silage not an option Chris?

Whole crop was considered, but with the price of grain going skywards, we decided that the wheat and barley was best left to combine. We will use the horse hay if we run short.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smithy said:

like to see your rain dance are you like me with 2 left feet haha (no I don't come from Norfolk:D)

Yes I thought others would like to see my rain dance, but after a night in Barney police cells and a restriction order, it turns out they don't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Yes I thought others would like to see my rain dance, but after a night in Barney police cells and a restriction order, it turns out they don't. 

Join the club Martin! People just don't recognise natural talent these days!:D

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 844john said:

Join the club Martin! People just don't recognise natural talent these days!:D

When the TV crew turned up I thought my dreams had come true and I had been chosen for Strictly Come Dancing, turns out it was crime stoppers. :(

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, mb86 said:

When the TV crew turned up I thought my dreams had come true and I had been chosen for Strictly Come Dancing, turns out it was crime stoppers. :(

Hope you were still wearing the balaclava!:D

• Like 1