What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

4 hours ago, 844john said:

I see you couldn't resist photographing Tipps best looking tractor Martin;) How's the new chopper perform?

The T7040 on the rake?

What a machine the chopper is, the first 16 acre was a hell of a crop, the rows off that 4 rotor rake were solid and although it slowed Matthew down a bit, it chomped through it at an impressive rate. It sounded nice as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mb86 said:

The T7040 on the rake?

What a machine the chopper is, the first 16 acre was a hell of a crop, the rows off that 4 rotor rake were solid and although it slowed Matthew down a bit, it chomped through it at an impressive rate. It sounded nice as well. 

Hmm,  i meant the green machine:P although to be fair I do spend a lot of time in a 7050 and I think they're a good looking tractor. I bet they notice a difference coming from the old Jag, no doubt it'll be tested there!

5 hours ago, 844john said:

Hmm,  i meant the green machine:P although to be fair I do spend a lot of time in a 7050 and I think they're a good looking tractor. I bet they notice a difference coming from the old Jag, no doubt it'll be tested there!

Haha I thought you maybe were, both on 19 plates the one in the pic had less then 400 hrs on the clock.

3 hours ago, ford4ever said:

What does that machine do Cyril. pick it up and fill the trailer??

It a turf hopper.. It's filled with peat with a tracked excavator...then layed out to dry..Harvested then ...usually by hand..:D..And stored away for burning in the cold winter months..EU regulations are slowly ending this process now for bog preservation..

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

It a turf hopper.. It's filled with peat with a tracked excavator...then layed out to dry..Harvested then ...usually by hand..:D..And stored away for burning in the cold winter months..EU regulations are slowly ending this process now for bog preservation..

Well side there.  Just goes to show what Ireland all about ha .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, trigger82 said:

Well side there.  Just goes to show what Ireland all about ha .

We used to take a lot off it back in the 80s & early 90s .. Our silage contractor also done the turf cutting. He had a Gen 1 Ford  7710 4wd on duals for the job. Many the day I spent bagging it into fertilizer bags ( and getting eaten alive by the midge flys while doing so) then carting it home with a Lee silage trailer behind ether the 4600 or 4000..;) We could take 20 tons of the stuff per year.. 

Edited by justy 46
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

We used to take a lot off it back in the 80s & early 90s .. Our silage contractor also done the turf cutting. He had a Gen 1 Ford  7710 4wd on duals for the job. Many the day I spent bagging it into fertilizer bags ( and getting eaten alive by the midge flys while doing so) then carting it home with a Lee silage trailer behind ether the 4600 or 4000..;) We could take 20 tons of the stuff per year..have 

No way we used to have 180 hopper of turf so we be bring it home with 165 and 2 trailers behind it . And they did not tip up ha 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 4:37 AM, mb86 said:

Then they got out the way so the big boys could finish the job. ;)

image.jpg

A photo of rolling the clamp with both your Kramers side by side would have been a nice touch Martin;), seems to be more in the clamp now then when the 339 was parked in there though haha, Looks to be making some nice bales though

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mb86 said:

Haha I thought you maybe were, both on 19 plates the one in the pic had less then 400 hrs on the clock.

They must have gotten on alright with the Deere then if they've got another, never thought they would run anything but blues, when the first one came it did stand out a bit.....like a rose amongst the thorns as my mother would say!:D

• Like 1