MF 780 Special Combine

nashmach

there are restorationists out there , but finding the parts are a nightmare for these machines now.

did anyone see the tv show SALVAGE SQUAD with suggs presenting it ?, one episode was all about getting an old 780 back up to working condition ,& that was no mean feat, come the end they put it to work up against a new massey combine & invited it's first owners & it's last driver to have a go on it , looked vey small against the new one as you'd expect, but it cut 3 - 4 acres with no problem .

restoring these old machines are great , but you can't beat seeing them working .

there is another couple of friends somewhere in norfolk who restore combines & have restored one of the very first trailed claas combines to working order amongst others & they are all kept in a air conditioned ww2 aircraft hangar

it was shown a few years back on ch4 called classic ....  trucks ,tractors, combines, cars plaines , boats , & were narated by john peel , they were very good programmes

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I saw that Salvage Squad programme but it must be said that they were starting off with a tidy but dismantled combine - a lot of the others that you would come across would be as rusty or rustier than ours  :( Still though nothing to beat older combines working - give me a pre 1975 combine with a 10' head anyday than your Lexion 600  :D;)

Poor old girl... she's dead now that's for sure.... and thank you doc I wasn't born until 1967  >:(::)

I did work on quite a few of these in the early 80's though - they were still going strong then - this is the combine that bought "combine harvesting" to the UK all those years ago - show some respect lads to the old lady please...

I'd just like to say a few words... Let us pray....

Our Barry who art mentally 11

Shallow be his name

His kingpin gone

He should be done

can't think of any more... help me Luke will ya  :-\ ???

Poor old girl... she's dead now that's for sure.... and thank you doc I wasn't born until 1967  >:(::)

I did work on quite a few of these in the early 80's though - they were still going strong then - this is the combine that bought "combine harvesting" to the UK all those years ago - show some respect lads to the old lady please...

I'd just like to say a few words... Let us pray....

Our Barry who art mentally 11

Shallow be his name

His kingpin gone

He should be done

can't think of any more... help me Luke will ya  :-\ ???

Definetly dead Marky unless you want an adventurous restoration project  :D :D ;)

Our Marky who art mentally 11

Shallow be his name

His kingpin gone

He should be done

For stealing when he was seven

For give him this day

A zetor loving ***

Forgive him for trespassing

In to Barry's Ford loving neighbourhood

Lead him not in to ford temptation

Because Massey's are evil

Because Dyson's, sheep and crevice tools is the kingdom

and the Power and the suction

For now and whenever

AMEN

Summat like that marky?

Our Marky who art mentally 11

Shallow be his name

His kingpin gone

He should be done

For stealing when he was seven

For give him this day

A zetor loving ***

Forgive him for trespassing

In to Barry's Ford loving neighbourhood

Lead him not in to ford temptation

Because Massey's are evil

Because Dyson's, sheep and crevice tools is the kingdom

and the Power and the suction

For now and whenever

AMEN

Summat like that marky?

FANTASTIC Luke... 10/10 mate  :D :D :D :D :D :D - nearly wet myself with that one  :D :D :D

FANTASTIC Luke... 10/10 mate  :D :D :D :D :D :D - nearly wet myself with that one  :D :D :D

Excellent Luke you really have WAY too much time on your hands mate.......we are going to have to start calling you Ben  :D :D :D :D and what about that git that stole our banner last night  >:( >:(>:(

Excellent Luke you really have WAY too much time on your hands mate.......we are going to have to start calling you Ben   :D :D :D :D and what about that git that stole our banner last night  >:( >:(>:(

whats do you mean >:( >:(...who's been on longer ;)::)

i hope you now that i can still do a days computer work and visit here!....could probably do 2 days work in one if i didnt but we shall keep that quiet :D :D :D

*FB ponders the potential extra earnings*

:D :D :D, i wish!,

i get in just before 7.30 and leave at 4.30, just break the day up by visiting here throughout the day otherwise i'd go JDmad :D :D :D

I produce a bit of humour and get compared to Holmes?  :o :o :-\

Ben's about as funny as a rice crispie stuck to your sock.

I know you mean too much time on my hands. But Holmes, me, come on...  :'(

:D :D ;)

im sure Luke works harder than me....but he does have a different job, i'd love to get out of my job into something i may enjoy :) :)

I work twice as much more than Ben, get out in the country holmes, get the fresh air in your lungs, take in scenery and wildlife  :)

Beats an office mate!!

It sure does Marky  ;):D :D

i do as much as possible!!, and living in it helps!! ;D ;D

if i could change jobs i would!!! ;D