John Deere vote

JohnDeerePower

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a mate of mine is on his third in less than 3 years [ currently a 6320 ] ,and he's at his wits end with them . Totally unreliable, the electronic engine management plays up , the common rail injection plays up, if he can keep it running smoothly for more than a couple of weeks he's lucky. totally overated I'm afraid.

I drive John Deere 7810 6420 6410 5720 2140 3140 and in the past have driven John Deere 4455 3350 3140 3130 I have also worked with 8300.

Cab=cabs are comftable with plenty of room.

Gearbox=jumpy,and power hoop alot exp when under load.

Diesel=the older ones I driven were bloody hungry for diesel the 4455 was a real pig on diesel.

Reliable=early 6420 with 5000 hard hours on it runs well and has not let us down yet.It has had none of the problems that people say they get.

3140 & 3350 for what they were are very gutless with there 6cly motor back by the cab and don't get there power down to the ground very well at all,I've found.

John Deere are not poor tractors but in no way are they that much beter than the rest.

John Deere apart from the USA has had it's day I reckon.

I used to have a 3050 for which I loved but I know very little about modern tractors apart from what engineers tell me at work ( I do all the electrical connections for tractor cabs ) and JD Europe are getting worse so I am told and JD Europe are on the decline big style or should I say Renault  ;):-[

Over the years i've mainly driven DB MF and JD.

The old david brown 885 will continue to start and run for many more years after the more modern tractors are no longer reliable. However obviously it cant compete with the modern tractors today.

As for the masseys 3000's and 6000's and the JD 6000's they all have their better and worse points but are both generally good reliable tractors. Like any machine though you can get one bad one now and again. Personally I think the after sales service is better from JD.

what a topic

We've had many different tractors here

since the 1st deere there has always been a deere in our yard

we went mf ford mf deere, the 3050 has been here for 16 years and she'll never leave as long as i live, and now with her turbo shes mighty!!

all the tractors had problems and at time of change we normally buy where the best service is and on general aspects of the machine

I've told u'sbefore me uncle was always NH,  Bought a 6620, now recently a 6420s, next a 6920 then another 6620,

To me that says enough to me.

New MF's are not bad boats, though i've heard complaints of grip not attractive in them.

our 6180 was a good boat but cost us too much in parts and dealer was for fook all as usual so the 6620 came, yes electrics do play silly buggars sometimes i'll not deny it but all in all she's a confortable, powerfull (he he she def is now!!) good gripper handy . . . . etc . . . she's staying a while too.

I used to have a 3050 for which I loved but I know very little about modern tractors apart from what engineers tell me at work ( I do all the electrical connections for tractor cabs ) and JD Europe are getting worse so I am told and JD Europe are on the decline big style or should I say Renault  ;):-[

there you go boys thats why the electrics give up cos udimore has tamperd with them hahahahahahaah

Reliable=early 6420 with 5000 hard hours on it runs well and has not let us down yet.It has had none of the problems that people say they get.

Our local Ag con had 12 new JD's last season, fair enough they've had their problems, but it only seems to be a few characters. One 6520 for example is always loosing cylinders whilst the others don't, all the 6320's have been little gems clocking up 5000+ no worries.

It just seems to depend on what Deere you get, it seems some are ok, reliable and in all fairness a good tractor whilst others cost you more on repairs then running costs. He had an 02' reg 6920s and everything possible went wrong on it, so that went back and a Fendt 716 came. After that had clocked up close to 5000 the driver insisted a JD 6920s again as he preferred it. A new one has arrived 55' reg, TLS cab suspension etc and he claims to be just as reliable, comfortable, maybe a little more basic and slower to drive. But chose the 6920s over the Fendt at the end of the day. Also up until last year they had a JD 2140 SG2 that was B reg and had clocked up 9500 hours raking with Claas Liner's, Vicon Andex's etc and not had a spanner on it for major reasons. They still run a 6900 with the current fleet, good solid tractor on an N plate and still going strong.

Many other contractors all run JD round here. that says something, If they broke down all the time, they would diversify to another make, it just seems to be the 20 series, If you have had,run or drove a 6000,6010 series tractor, that is one strong series, reliable as you get. Even more better the 7000,7010 series, probably Deere reliability at it's best, Depends on how highly you rate Deere, how their aftermarket sales are and how you have felt about previous models.

And certainly here JD rules the roost. 

The only reason why JDs are becoming more popular is down to price one of our customers always ran Zetors but now moving to JDs only ?5/week more than a Zetor.

Personally the older Deeres are better 3050 etc but i drove a 4755 after driving a IH 1455 the JD was more user friendly but for a tractor that was 45hp more it felt like it was 45hp less than a 1455.

JD engines are weak very poorly built i know of a Rogator with a JD engine that that just fell to pieces after 2500hrs one of our Mogs has done 11500hrs and still going strong hasnt had anything done to the engine not even had the injectors touched show me a Deere like that.

I visit a lot of dealerships and see all types of tractor workshops - and everything goes wrong. You may not experience problems with your machine but it wouldn't be hard to find someone who has thrown it back.  When selling we take advantage of other peoples problems of course -thats how rumours spreads + pub talk!!  JD have gone through a bad patch recently with transmissions etc but are rectifying it but MF also lost a lot with the 6000 tractors but now their back on top - Ford had a reputation years ago with porus blocks and so on - the main reasons I find that causes big problems is cost cutting, having an inovative or patented design never tried, or bad suppliers. All will be rectified and become icons in their own right. But saying all that I think MF are better ;D ;D ;D  ::):D :D :D