Farm and Site

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have rung the man.......most are in the post.  Last batch due to go in the post today.  So by my reckoning some should be arriving with subscribers very soon with all being delivered by Tuesday(?).

If you haven't got your copy by Tuesday then his mobile number is 07932812268.  Call him and tell me it hasn't turned up!

Does he know you've posted that up!  ::)

Why does he have to know that I've posted his mobile number on here?  Top secret is it? 

Julian's contact details are freely available on the Old Pond website, so his mobile number and address are already in the public domain.

With comments like this being thrown back at people who participate and CONTRIBUTE to help others then it's no wonder a lot of people don't post!!

i'm sure FP wasnt aware his number was that accessable to the public otherwise the number would have been removed and a simple reminder for people to contact you or us for it via PM, which is a safer option these days with all this crime going on >:(

i personally wouldnt want my number on here, i guess Julian is happy with it and i assume its probably only a work number anyway :-\ :-\

i'm sure FP wasnt aware his number was that accessable to the public otherwise the number would have been removed and a simple reminder for people to contact you or us for it via PM, which is a safer option these days with all this crime going on >:(

i personally wouldnt want my number on here, i guess Julian is happy with it and i assume its probably only a work number anyway :-\ :-\

What on earth does this mean?  Number removed from where?

I didn't have Julian's number when I went to get in touch with him this morning but got it from the Old Pond website.  This took all of 20 seconds to find. 

It's just a great pity that people don't check throughly before posting comments such as this. 

As far as I'm concerned I'm deleting my original mail and if people want to get in touch Julian they'll have to do their own research to get his details.

An extremely p****d off PDH

would you post your mobile number on here for everyone to see?? ???,

I'm only assuming FP wasnt aware that Julians mobile number was on the Old Pond site visable to the public, so in order to stop 'spybots'  and other such programs picking out phone numbers from posts and causing havoc it could have been removed thats all., but it wasnt.

I wouldnt want my number on any forum where anyone, not just the members i know can read it thats all, you never know who may call!

Another reason we blur out the faces of members kids that are posted up on here, security!

As Julian has it on the OP site, then there is no reason to remove it from here, he is obviously happy with it,

there is no reason to be pi$$ed off!

would you post your mobile number on here for everyone to see?? ???,

I'm only assuming FP wasnt aware that Julians mobile number was on the Old Pond site visable to the public, so in order to stop 'spybots'  and other such programs picking out phone numbers from posts and causing havoc it could have been removed thats all., but it wasnt.

I wouldnt want my number on any forum where anyone, not just the members i know can read it thats all, you never know who may call!

Another reason we blur out the faces of members kids that are posted up on here, security!

As Julian has it on the OP site, then there is no reason to remove it from here, he is obviously happy with it,

there is no reason to be pi$$ed off!

FB I take your point however people should not just post one liners that make out the originator is doing something wrong. 

The moderators (and by the way how are people selected to be a moderator)  should make it clear to all what restrictions that are put in place.  No where have I ever seen do not publish a phone number on FTF that is already freely and easily available elsewhere!

Why does he have to know that I've posted his mobile number on here?  Top secret is it? 

Julian's contact details are freely available on the Old Pond website, so his mobile number and address are already in the public domain.

With comments like this being thrown back at people who participate and CONTRIBUTE to help others then it's no wonder a lot of people don't post!!

blimey go to work for a day and look what happens, either way does anyone know whats going on with it? seems very strange we havnt even recived a apology letter from him ,he must after all have our addys,that would be something, not all this second hand info from other members ,i am sure theres a good reason for the delay, so why not just be honest and let us know somehow properly

Isnt it a mobile number anyway  there isnt that much of a security risk if so

as from past expieriance ive gone out to get another SIM card for my phone

for other reasons I dont care to mention so i think its a mobilke work number

come on I dont think anyones privercy has ben compromized

if its on the oldpond web site its on our website if its in the links

all you have to do is a couple of clicks

if anyones number is broadcast on the web like oldpond its because they want it broadcast

as far as im concerned there is no harm done

F-P you do a brillant job on here mate please dont stop being a MOD on this place.It wouldent be the same without you  :-*:-* :-*

nothing yet but the postman hassnt been today yet  :'(

anyone else phoned julian up yet  :-[

Yes I have.  Message I got was that all subscribers copies of Issue 11 should be in the post by today.  The bulk have already gone and the last batch are being posted today.

so if my first subscribed copy was issue 7 (Jan/Feb) ,does that mean i will need to get a new subscription in January or due to the delay etc. they will over run as my last issue was august?? ???, i dont fancy calling him, he's got enougth on his plate!

Do you think he may be kinda regretting taking the mag on due to the recent probs or does he seem really keen PDH??

hey hey, nowt wrong with irish pigeons!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Mmmmmm...Pigeons... :P :P :P :P :P

I was mearly asking if he was aware the number was being broadcast on the web, in a jestfull manner if you take note of the smileys! As far as I'm aware it could be top secret, hence why I asked..... there is no need to take an aggressive approach to this matter, not on here anyway.......

If its widely available it shouldn't be a problem should it??

As someone has already pointed out, people aren't always happy about there personnal info being broadcast on the net, if its on their website then he obviously doesn't mind does he??

FB I take your point however people should not just post one liners that make out the originator is doing something wrong. 

The moderators (and by the way how are people selected to be a moderator)  should make it clear to all what restrictions that are put in place.  No where have I ever seen do not publish a phone number on FTF that is already freely and easily available elsewhere!

If you want to be a moderator feel free to take my place mate, Its no skin of my teeth...... I've heard people critisise us moderators before and to be honest, if you want to give up your spare time for no recompense whatsoever then you can be one mate, I do this off my own back, I get no benefits, no payment, no perks, nothing...... We don't get the chance to win limited run models for our contributions, if we won a raffle you would be thinking it was a fix!  Its not easy finding a balance between a stiff ar$ed anorack club like TTS and a place to have a bit of a laugh like we do on here..... Sometimes you don't always make the right call but thats life.... I've had a few bollockings off THE BOSS before now but thats all part and parcel of the role....... I am afterall a member like everyone else and from time to time I take off the gaurds uniform and become one of the inmates for a while, If I had to choose, I would be a normal member and let someone else have the hassle.

I would suggest if you have not had express written permission to copy any details from any website onto another such as FTF that you don't for legal and copywright reasons.

so if my first subscribed copy was issue 7 (Jan/Feb) ,does that mean i will need to get a new subscription in January or due to the delay etc. they will over run as my last issue was august?? ???, i dont fancy calling him, he's got enougth on his plate!

Do you think he may be kinda regretting taking the mag on due to the recent probs or does he seem really keen PDH??

You'll probably need to renew when Issue 12 arrives.  

He's certainly enthusastic but I got the feeling Issue 11 has been very difficult and he will be glad to get it out....lots of 'Where's the issue that I should have had in August' type calls may have been going on and he's tired of them.

He certainly spoke of interesting plans when I talked to him at Toytrac.  He expressed the opinion that the magazine has a huge potential. I know the other magazine he now publishes had similiar problems at the start but that probably had a smaller subscription base as it was run as a one man band before he acquired it.

Give it time and we'll see what happens.  I really hope he joins here so he can give us insight in to how it all goes together and may be he pick up contributions from members.  He could also tell us of the issues as they arise, like delays to publication etc.

You'll probably need to renew when Issue 12 arrives.  

He's certainly enthusastic but I got the feeling Issue 11 has been very difficult and he will be glad to get it out....lots of 'Where's the issue that I should have had in August' type calls may have been going on and he's tired of them.

He certainly spoke of interesting plans when I talked to him at Toytrac.  He expressed the opinion that the magazine has a huge potential. I know the other magazine he now publishes had similiar problems at the start but that probably had a smaller subscription base as it was run as a one man band before he acquired it.

Give it time and we'll see what happens.  I really hope he joins here so he can give us insight in to how it all goes together and may be he pick up contributions from members.  He could also tell us of the issues as they arise, like delays to publication etc.

cheers, i'll leave it a while then to calm down! :) :)

Would be nice to get him in here occasionally, theres so much that could possibly go in the mag from here to reach other people who are interested but may not be aware of a place they can talk about models! :-\ :-\

I reckon he'll be lynched if he comes on here now  :o:D :D

He would have been lynched if it was today he came on with the form some people were in.

In fairness to F P its a thankless job doing something voluntary and I for one appreciate the effort he,Andy and others make in making forum the success it is

F

If f & s dosn't appear by christmas, stuff him, i wont be writing another cheque >:( if it wasn't for the fact i come on to ftf i wouldn't have a clue if another mag was due or not, surely it wouldn't have broken the bank to send a brief letter to the subscribers outlining what was happening with the mag and to bear with them while the new publisher got to grips with it, afterall the people writing the cheques are the people that make it possible for them to run the magazine and if they turn there backs on the mag he is going to have an even harder uphill struggle than he has at the moment, just how patient do i have to be ???

If f & s dosn't appear by christmas, stuff him, i wont be writing another cheque >:(if it wasn't for the fact i come on to ftf i wouldn't have a clue if another mag was due or not, surely it wouldn't have broken the bank to send a brief letter to the subscribers outlining what was happening with the mag and to bear with them while the new publisher got to grips with it, afterall the people writing the cheques are the people that make it possible for them to run the magazine and if they turn there backs on the mag he is going to have an even harder uphill struggle than he has at the moment, just how patient do i have to be ???

That is a good point Toyboy.

I'm just getting to the  CAN'T BE ASSED    stage with whether it arives or not to be honest

When OLD POND gave it up they should have reimbursed us with the remainder of outstanding subscriptions and let us decide if we wanted to subscribe to the next generation of F+S      And to be honest if we knew then what would be happening I bet that most of us would have said sod it

Only My oppinion      But I don't think I'm alone >:(