Farm and Site

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That someone was Roger Smith from Ipswich, the former publisher and owner, who was doing a fine job promoting the magazine.

R Day

cheers!!, he didnt give me his name but it was a very brief encounter towards the end. seemed a nice chap!  :) :) :)

Do you know any more Mr Day?? ??? ??? :-\

That someone was Roger Smith from Ipswich, the former publisher and owner, who was doing a fine job promoting the magazine.

R Day

blimey thats dedication, they dont even do it anymore and he's promoting it for the new owner,

is the next one the last from old pond or first from the new guy

quote from leaflet i picked up

"Julian regrets that issue 11 (Aug/Sep) has been unavoidably delayed by technical problems. He know expects it to be published in early October. issue 12 should follow two months later"

PM me if you want address or mobile no. dont wanna publish it in case of spamming drones  ::) ::)::)

• 4 weeks later...

Not the best way of increasing or maintaining subscriptions. You would think as they have the addresses of current subscription holders they would at least tell us what is going on. This issue was due out end of August. I know its changed ownership but it is nearly November!!!!

well i have to say i wont be renewing my subscription after this , will have the few i have left and then not bother, it can't really be that hard to send a letter to the people you know are expecting it, ,letting them know what is going on, afterall they must have the mailing list from oldpond, why are they continually doing all the work via them in the first place, i am begining to wonder if it has been sold at all

well i have to say i wont be renewing my subscription after this , will have the few i have left and then not bother, it can't really be that hard to send a letter to the people you know are expecting it, ,letting them know what is going on, afterall they must have the mailing list from oldpond, why are they continually doing all the work via them in the first place, i am begining to wonder if it has been sold at all

Very true Sean.... Like you say... A mailshot letter to all the current subscribers wouldn't go a miss... I am sure consumer rights would say that the contract to supply the magazine in your subscription lies with Old Pond (if they were they previous owners  :-\ - not sure if they were)..

If I were you lot I would be going back to the original payee and DEMANDING my money back pro-rata what was delivered... successfully... and in a timely fashion.

I suspect there must be growing unrest within the 1000 or so subscribers now... What if scenario's... What if enough of the subscription demand their money back from the previous owners... and the sale is not completed due to the new "lack of intetrest"  ???

Ummm... not a good situation this at all... In all honesty... I'm glad I wasn't a subscriber  :-\

I've givven up on thinking it's going to drop through the letter box

I've been a subscriber since it's launch and wondered wether to subscribe to the second term

I now wish i hadn't as at least i would not be bothered about loosing my money

It aint alot but its the principal of it all    We have had problems before the sell out but now it is taking the provrbiall

When old pond let it go they gave out big praise to the new publisher about how he intended to develop the mag

Well i must say that the prescent devellopment is erring towards obserd

there are mant other ways to which they could of told us what was going on but no one seems to be any the wiser

It's allright saying that its been heard it's coming out such and such a time but those times have passed without an incling

So if they do intend to continue with farm and site they had better get their act together or the people that get it will loose faith and intrest in the publication and in my mind that is no way to develop a buisiness however you look at it

So please Farm and Site get your act together and stop stringing us allong and tell us what is happening

Rant over

SMurF ???

A very sorry state of afairs for both parties

if you had just taken it on then reallized its a "no hoper"

and you had invested I dont know lets say thousends of pounds

only to find out eventualy that you would have been better to burn the money

instead 

would you mail everyone ?....

please dont get me wrong i like the magazine I am one of the subscribers myself ,I have absolutly no idea

how people like "rory day"(CT) and the likes of peter love (T&M) actualy

run a mag

what would you have done if this is the case

I realy hope were speculating about nothing and i wish every sucsess with the F&S mag

but im worried we wont see an issue 11  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

A very sorry state of afairs for both parties

if you had just taken it on then reallized its a "no hoper"

and you had invested I dont know lets say thousends of pounds

only to find out eventualy that you would have been better to burn the money

instead 

would you mail everyone ?....

please dont get me wrong i like the magazine I am one of the subscribers myself ,I have absolutly no idea

how people like "rory day"(CT) and the likes of peter love (T&M) actualy

run a mag

what would you have done if this is the case

I realy hope were speculating about nothing and i wish every sucsess with the F&S mag

but im worried we wont see an issue 11  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I could save him a mint on printing

Send it via E-Magazine to us all    There is plenty of decent content out their to make a magazine (just look at this forum)for the next few years and I dare say some of the contributers of the forum would make good topics for the mag  So what may the problem be ?