Farm and Site

i take it the guy now running the mag knows of the forum, why dosn't he come on here with a grovelling apology for the lack of communication and delay and people might have a bit more time for the mag. i remember when i got a leaflet through the door about f&s coming out, i didn't hesitate in writing a cheque and eagerly awaited its arrival, now i feel its just a magazine and i can't be ar**ed

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although not a subscriber to Farm & Site, I do have every issue since No.1 (I pick it up from Spalding, etc) and thoroughly enjoy it.

I have been a full-time editor since 2001 and was heavily involved in the launch of 'Earthmovers' magazine in 2004.

I learned some very valuable lessons when we launched Earthmovers. Essentially, we appointed an editor who turned out to be less than suitable, to the point where, with less than six weeks to go to the official launch, we discovered he had done absolutely zilch work on the contents and as a result he was asked to pack his bags.

By this time a definite publication date had been set with the distributors and news-trade. Had we not gone ahead with the launch - or been late by even a few days - we would have lost all our credibility with the trade and it would have severly compromised a re-launch at a later date. In short, we would not be taken seriously, and rightly so. This involved an 80-page, monthly publication.

We pulled it together somehow and got the mag out on time, but what a struggle it was. It made it, though, and the mag went on to prosper.

It seems to me that F&S, by being so late, is in grave danger of shooting itself in the foot, and from the comments on this forum, a number of subscribers are clearly not happy (and this is before they have seen a finished product).

F&S has undergone quite a traumatic period in its life and needs to come out with all guns blazing.

I sincerely hope it survives because it's an absolutely cracking little mag and the only thing out there for UK collectors.

R Day

that last sentance of yours hit it right mate, it is the only mag out there for 1/32 stuff, and it would be horrible to see it go, ,so if the new owner does read these posts please post away , we dont bite and would love to know whats really happening,hopefully if the pm i had fri is right i should have mine ??? this week 

I am with all of the subscribers on this one

Its the not knowing thats got to me now

He said to me last friday they had gone out

then hes telling PDH some more went out friday just gone I am

begining to wonder if we are all being led up the garden path

after 8 of DECEMBER I dont want to hear about F&S

every morning im wondering if it's going to be on the door step

and every morning it turns out not to be so ive had enough  >:(

now and i have basicly given up

Give or take  Dammit 3 months have past and the subscribers

are the ones phoneing up and doing all the chaseing about

not even a letter of apoligy so if nothing this friday then sod F&S  >:( >:(

I too, will get in touch with Julian and invite him to speak on the forum, even if it's a Q&A session posted.

As for the more heated comments way back down this post....

PDH, from my personal judgement, I saw no malicious intent from FP's reply to you posting Julians mobile number, he was just acting on precautionary instinct, not knowing that this number was freely available on the web. It was extremely good of you to provide concerned members of F&S, an easy route to contacting Julian, and with the number being made freely available, this was a perfectly feasible action. I see this disagreement as just an unfortunate misunderstanding, with lessons learned I hope.

For everybody's future reference, if posting a mobile number that is openly available on another website, I recommend that you quote the source. This prevents any misunderstanding or privacy infringements on FTF's part. I will make this ammendement to the FTF Terms and Conditions Page.

In all other cases, submitting mobile numbers or any other personal details, shall be only under the strict permission of the individual whom details are being submitted, and again, please reference this as it avoids future misunderstandings.

Hopefully this is case closed.

Regards

Andy

Just to say I've been informed by SWMBO that a copy of Farm and Site magazine dropped through our letterbox this morning.  I'm assuming this is Issue 11.  I won't be home till tomorrow night to look at it.

If you are a subscriber then I hope the same has happened for you............

Just to say I've been informed by SWMBO that a copy of Farm and Site magazine dropped through our letterbox this morning.  I'm assuming this is Issue 11.  I won't be home till tomorrow night to look at it.

If you are a subscriber then I hope the same has happened for you............

i hope so too!!!.....i'm sure some members must be able to check this though, i'm sure FP could pop home???

what would you do if it was issue 1  ;) ;)

i hope so too!!!.....i'm sure some members must be able to check this though, i'm sure FP could pop home???

what would you do if it was issue 1  ;) ;)

I'd telephone the man and ask him politely was going on..........