Why don't we all support the only farm model magazine available to us

weirdos  ;)

I met up with Julian on Sunday at a toy fair and we spoke about several topics regarding the forum  ;)

And I have to say that I believe it will turn around  ;)

He is aware of the ftf and he took down the website address and he has logged on here since and had a look around and will post in the near future.

The bottom line is ........ as there is no other farm model magazine out there what have we all to lose apart from the cost of a pint.

Yes we are all aware of the lack of communication and the content of this latest edition and the lateness of it.

In this country we all tend to be very quick in jumping on a bandwagon ripping things apart and being negative and in this case if we continue to do so and stop subscribing the whole thing will go down the pan.

I am told that the next issue will feature a few more of the previous writers so the content will improve but Julians love is buses and has very little knowledge of farm models so this will take time for him to work out whos who.

Warner Hall is right behind Julian quote "Warner has been excellent and very supportive" and If a god like Warner believes in this magazine well I think a few of us should give it a chance too.

So lets stop whinging and get behind the mag otherwise we may miss out on something great in the future  ;)

I think Julian should visit the board and do a Q&A in relation to his plans for the mag. There are a number of formats he could use, but the approach taken by Bill Walters and Rory Day strikes me as the most appropriate.

Worst case scenario, he can use the Craig Varley approach!  :-X

Whatever grief Bill & Rory might get in an individual thread, they also get huge respect for coming and talking to us - and this translates into both sales and market research opportunities.

This is the era of the Interwebs. There are a couple of hundred people on here who are a the most likely customers for his mag. He has the opportunity to talk directly to us, and sell us on the idea of supporting his venture.

He might take a bit of flack initially (hopefuly not), but he is guaranteed lots of cheques in the post if he can promise a good product, and persuade us that we should support him.

100% agree - its up to us to make it work - we should have a area on the forum to put down what we want to see to help Jullian in his format in the future issues.

I know between all of us with various areas of interest (eg brands, conversions, farm layouts etc) we could help this become a cracking magazine. ;)

Im with that idea barry i love the mag even if the content is thin

I will renew my subscription as well but i have to know i will get the mag on time

I think I am a patient and forgiving charecter  but iI, like allot more need the

reassuranse that it will be here this time next year and as i have said in another post

"Its the not knowing wheather it will arive on the doorstep" as far as im concerned

now I have had my copy i will support the mag

I have sent in my DB,CASE 90s and 94s pics  for julian to post in the mag

im also willing to do a special model of a comemerative 1394  one off

as long as some one is willing to donate me a cab and floor-pan & bonnet

as I have run out parts but i will make one and who ever supplies me with parts

should get some advertizing aswell & I will donate the model to Farm & Site for

a draw or some kind of competition

what do you think

I have a few copies here  ;)

So if anyone hasn't recieved a copy and is a subscriber let me know and I will go through these with him and send you a copy and he can re-imburse me.

I'll ring him Wednesday night it will be now  ;)

If you are not a subscriber and want a copy pm me.

And Nigel  ;);D ;D great stuff mate  ;D

I haven't really read many topics about Farm and Site as they are all a little bit detailed for me ..... but what issue is causing all the hassle ? I've got October's issue is this the one the whole debate is about ? But what Barry said we should all be a bit more supportive because if we didn't have it .... you'd all start winging again about how we should have a mag. Things take time  :)

FN

weirdos  ;)

I met up with Julian on Sunday at a toy fair and we spoke about several topics regarding the forum  ;)

And I have to say that I believe it will turn around  ;)

He is aware of the ftf and he took down the website address and he has logged on here since and had a look around and will post in the near future.

The bottom line is ........ as there is no other farm model magazine out there what have we all to lose apart from the cost of a pint.

Yes we are all aware of the lack of communication and the content of this latest edition and the lateness of it.

In this country we all tend to be very quick in jumping on a bandwagon ripping things apart and being negative and in this case if we continue to do so and stop subscribing the whole thing will go down the pan.

I am told that the next issue will feature a few more of the previous writers so the content will improve but Julians love is buses and has very little knowledge of farm models so this will take time for him to work out whos who.

Warner Hall is right behind Julian quote "Warner has been excellent and very supportive" and If a god like Warner believes in this magazine well I think a few of us should give it a chance too.

So lets stop whinging and get behind the mag otherwise we may miss out on something great in the future  ;)

Hi Udi I am behind it thats why I paid my subs and am patiently waiting without moaning my head off

Still havent received mine... and if there is no contact or magazine shortley from Farm & Site and this man of mystery Julian... i think i'll be refering the matter to Trading Standards... total unaceptable!

Likewise Q, it is getting a little bit tiresome now to say the least.

weirdos  ;)

Thats fighting talk Udimiester son, I'll have none of that "Give a pint up" talk sunshine!!!

No you are right mate, I subscribed first time around and am guilty of not following up my subscription so I deserve a bit if guilt really. I will be supporting it upon my return from lands a-far though I can assure you all. It's a great mag although content I thought was a little thin but obvious;y thats a catch 22. More buyers = more funding.

I'll back the campaign and give up a pint when I get back.

:)

Thats fighting talk Udimiester son, I'll have none of that "Give a pint up" talk sunshine!!!

No you are right mate, I subscribed first time around and am guilty of not following up my subscription so I deserve a bit if guilt really. I will be supporting it upon my return from lands a-far though I can assure you all. It's a great mag although content I thought was a little thin but obvious;y thats a catch 22. More buyers = more funding.

I'll back the campaign and give up a pint when I get back.

:)

Nice one triss

heres one for you Give a son or a nethew a chrismass presant a year's subscription to Farm & Site

Its a good read (if they like farm models or plant) better than a video game and it last all year  ;)

he hasnt replied to the email i sent yet either....unless someone gave me the wrong address ???:-\ :-\

i tried the e-mail addy in the front of the mag, and it came back as unknown??? weird, as its listed 3/4 times for contact via e-mail to,

i have to say yes i will give it the 2/3 remaining issues to improve, and yes i hope it succedds, but i wont renew unless it shows good improvements, this issue does seem a bit rushed,considering how late it is, but the guys new to the mag, but it does seem hes been in the trade for a while if he does other mags, so why the delay i dont know, prehaps he might enlighten us at some point in the future,for me they only way i will carry on is if it improves, after all i can use that dosh towards my ct mag if not, al be it not 1/32 farming but it turns up