NEXT CLASSIC FORD

bluegreen

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Reading this topic makes you realise just how many Ford models there still are to come out despite all the recent releases from UH and Marge. The 6 cylinder 79/8210 (was the 7710 also the same frame just with a 4 cylinder engine?), the short wheel base TW, plenty of 1970s models, the larger 40 series, quite a few variants of the more modern New Holland ranges (I'm surprised replicagri haven't produced the TM range as the 60series is already produced by them)....and prob more that I have missed

Imber produces the 40 series:

- Ford 5640 in two and four wheel drive and both of them in SL and SLE

- Ford 6640 in two and four wheel drive and both of them in SL and SLE

- industrial Ford 5640 in two and four wheel drive in SLE guise

These models are produced by Ros.

When Imber started with the series 40 tractors, they said they would produce every single one including the New Holland versions. It was planned to introduce two models every year. Sales were sparkling in the beginning but unfortunately started to decline after the release of the 6640. Mainly because the 6640 only differed from the 5640 by the decals.

Next in line would logically be the 7740, but until now nothing is known when it is going to be released :- .

I like the imber models but I recon they made too many of each model which takes too long to sell to get their money back to introduce to make the next model.

I dont like the decal change I rather see a new build of a bigger machine, I cant see them coming out any time soon either with the recession hitting manufacturing.

time will tell with the 7740's and bigger, i would like to think they will apear sooner or later, but given current times cash flow wise, it may be longer than we all really want?? sure that imber had tied all the rights up so cant see them spending like that and not doing them at some point

It has been unfortunate that the introduction of Imber has roughly coincided with the launch of several other model tractor manufacturers/brands, and also becoming available at a time when we have seen an unprecedented proliferation in the number of new models of vintage and classic tractors etc which has severely diluted the potentiasl market for each individual brand.

Combined with the flood of models of classic Fords which have recently appeared, and those which we know are coming later this year, any new variation from IMber will have a tough time competing for the cash from Blue Fans, so I would not be surprised if a new version 40 series is held off for a little while until perhaps the initial rush for the new releases from Britains, MarGe, and UH cools off a little

which is a sha

It has been unfortunate that the introduction of Imber has roughly coincided with the launch of several other model tractor manufacturers/brands, and also becoming available at a time when we have seen an unprecedented proliferation in the number of new models of vintage and classic tractors etc which has severely diluted the potentiasl market for each individual brand.

Combined with the flood of models of classic Fords which have recently appeared, and those which we know are coming later this year, any new variation from IMber will have a tough time competing for the cash from Blue Fans, so I would not be surprised if a new version 40 series is held off for a little while until perhaps the initial rush for the new releases from Britains, MarGe, and UH cools off a little

which is a shame,i think the higher end of the 40 series would fly off the shelves,the 2 they have released are probably the 2 in the 40 range that sold the less in the real world

To get the cash flowing at Imber, maybe they should release a real limited edition of approx. 1000 to 1500 pcs. Although that could be difficult with Ros because of the larger amount usually from them.

I would suggest the County 1184-40 (Falkland edition).

For other countries/collectors a cabless version or the Italian S100 might be an option.

On the basis that Farm Models has the 6640 and 5640 industrial on sale at 35 pounds under the title 'stock reduction sale' I'm guessing there are still quite a few of this run waiting to be sold and will prob need to be sold before any more 40 series are produced.

Yeah they may hold off till UH & Marge have all their up & coming realises on the shop shelves. Even tough both are doing much the same Ford tractors. ::) .

But there is still a big opening for Fords 3cyl types. UH gave MF collecters the 35X, 135 & 240 in 1/32. So maybe they might give us Ford fanatics anything from a 2000 up to a 4610 hopefully. No Ford collection is complete without the 3cyl types in my opoinon,while the TWs ,7810 & 4cyl models are flooding the market from all angles. with Britains ,UH, Imber & Marge.

Edited by justy 46

I think a TW 10/15, TW 20, 8210 etc etc will be the next, this body style holds many options for a model producer with slight modifications a Gen 3 8210 could be a earlier 7710 or even a 8700 like UH are currently doing with the long nosed TW range!, i would certainly purchase a 8210 and a TW 15 if they was on the market..

Edited by Steve P

8210 is a lot longer wheelbase/bonnet than a 67/7710 (mainly due to being a 6 cyl vs a 4cyl) ;) There are four groups of similar appearance apart from detail changes (and cab rear and roofs in the case of the Force II on):-

6700/7700 and 6710/7710 are near enough identical;

8100, 7910 and 8210 are pretty similar (and you could possibly get away with including the 8200, although the front axle is slightly further back);

8700/9700, TW10/TW15/8630 and TW20 are similar;

TW30, TW25 and TW35 are similar.

You couldn't really try to make one of those groups and then try to adapt it to one of the other groups because the differences would be too great.

These are the Fords really wanting i reccon. 2000 or 3000 Pre Force. 4000 Force Delux cab, 4600 Q cab or Fritzmer, 4610 AP cab 4wd or County 4600 FOUR, NO 4 cyls now cause UH,Imber, Marge & Britains have them covered well from the UH 5000 Pre Force right up to the Marge 7610, as for 6cyls we do need 8100,8210,8600,9700 & TW-15.

But no more 4cyls. WE HAVE THEM ALL NOW.