MF 5455 modifications

not impressed with front linkage on everything , so have decided to remove them from the 2 5455's i have , the loader tractor linkage i felt was not needed anyway.

the weight block on the loader tractor comes from an old siku deutz 4.70 & the other from a britains 2680, the wheels on the other 5455 have come from a siku deutz K110 of whick i personally think look just that little bit better

comments welcome , good , bad, or indifferent  :)

5455wheelchangefrontlinkageremoval.jpg

5455wheelchangefrontlinkageremoval1.jpg

5455wheelchangefrontlinkageremoval2.jpg

looking more closely at holderness models 5455 on lpg tyres , i think i've got the same tyres fitted  :-\

no flies on you marcus, thought it wouldnt be long before someone copied the wide wheel mod :o it makes the tractor look so much better ;D, just a thought wouldnt you have been better putting the wider wheels on the loader tractor as the wider fronts are more suited to loader work :-\  (guess the secrets out :D)

no flies on you marcus, thought it wouldnt be long before someone copied the wide wheel mod :o it makes the tractor look so much better ;D, just a thought wouldnt you have been better putting the wider wheels on the loader tractor as the wider fronts are more suited to loader work :-\  (guess the secrets out :D)

saw your's the other day mike & liked it a lot but thought you bought the wheels in from a supplier , i bought the deutz today & thought they'd look good on the massey like yours , wasn't till i'd posted them it occured they were the same wheels !

as for putting a set on the loader , i'm not going through all that palava again  :-\

there easy to fit marcus, did you realise the trick to get the backs to turn without hitting the inner wing ;)

to be fair the wheels were bought in from a tractor that had row crops fitted, any more we sell we will have to split a deutz for the wheels, no great loss as im not keen on that model, sold the one i had after i saw it out of the box :o 

there easy to fit marcus, did you realise the trick to get the backs to turn without hitting the inner wing ;)

to be fair the wheels were bought in from a tractor that had row crops fitted, any more we sell we will have to split a deutz for the wheels, no great loss as im not keen on that model, sold the one i had after i saw it out of the box :o 

believe me the K110 doesnt look pretty with the 5455 wheels on it either  :-\

think i may have been a bit heavy handed with the removeal of the front wheels on both tractors  how's it done ?

Simple and effective Marcus, maybe a decal change on the one with the bigger wheels? Looks like a bigger sister of the loader now mate. Both models looking swell. Me, jealous? The Third Duke Of Wimbourne? With my reputaaaation?!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Simple and effective Marcus, maybe a decal change on the one with the bigger wheels? Looks like a bigger sister of the loader now mate. Both models looking swell. Me, jealous? The Third Duke Of Wimbourne? With my reputaaaation?!!!!!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

hmmm 5460 dyna 4  :-\

Me too... Very nice Marcus indeed... great idea as well mate.. as usual  ;D...

it was a great idea marcus wasnt it :o, were did you think of such a good idea????:D;D thats what the forum is all about sharing ideas to try etc, as i say if you dont want it copied dont post it ;) (ive a few secrets for spalding)

nice to see you posting again markey ;)