Ford 7600

Q

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wrong exhaust problem surfaces again here  >:( I have seen on Britains boxes the wording "Officially Licensed Product" and Ford Motor Company which I take to mean Ford are happy to let Britains /RC make models for them. If Ford realise the Willy up that has been made of this model will they withdraw that permission to build models until Britains / RC can get them right  ? I would if I was working for Ford in a high up position in the company and saw the mess that is being made here. What do New Holland think too I wonder. Well that's another model that won't be getting added to my collection now I've seen it  :(

This looks like a decal job on a 7000 bonnet only!!!!!!!!

okay also front and wheel weights and back window

As TS135A said wrong exhaust and its in the wrong place as per the TFT 6600

This appears to be RC2 saving money, more like being cheapskates, by making one set of moulds do all versions. We have a thousand series bonnet and a 7A cab, which should have ribs on the roof and the mounting brackets on the gearbox (all versions). I think this may have been mentioned elsewhere, so sorry for that. Where are they getting their information/data from? not Ford I shouldn't think or old brochures. Looks like they are using a restored example that is not strictly accurate in not having the correct parts fitted during restoration.

Someone will shoot me down in flames if these cabs were introduced towards the end of the thousand series production, as it is quite possible, ;D and I will walk out under the door feeling not very high  ::)

What next a 4000, after all apart from the front axle mounting casting they are the same length bar 1" Yes I know they have a three pot motor as well  ;)

Rant over, I will still buy one though

This appears to be RC2 saving money, more like being cheapskates, by making one set of moulds do all versions. We have a thousand series bonnet and a 7A cab, which should have ribs on the roof and the mounting brackets on the gearbox (all versions). I think this may have been mentioned elsewhere, so sorry for that. Where are they getting their information/data from? not Ford I shouldn't think or old brochures. Looks like they are using a restored example that is not strictly accurate in not having the correct parts fitted during restoration.

Someone will shoot me down in flames if these cabs were introduced towards the end of the thousand series production, as it is quite possible, ;D and I will walk out under the door feeling not very high  ::)

What next a 4000, after all apart from the front axle mounting casting they are the same length bar 1" Yes I know they have a three pot motor as well  ;)

Not sure if that was intended but your last line my me laugh me socks off. Exactly like me, I will probably buy one too for all its wrongs!!

the problem is this mate, if they make a different cast for each version they make, the cost goes up,it just aint viable to make a different one for each, hence the small comprimises on the new one, like the exhaust, you you really want to see them priced at say 35 quid ,just for small differences like this, most of us on here are competant enough to move things like that anyway

I guess that Britains were delighted when Andy declined this for an FTF model as it meant they could put them out on general release and sell many more :(

I can't really understand it though - all it needs is a slightly modified bonnet and a different exhaust and then most of us would be satisfied given that it is a toy.

Like tris and super6 though - I'll still buy one too

From what I gather, in an early meeting, Britains had planned to run the 5000 and 7000, and had no intentions of running the 6600 and 7600 untill I put it to them, i.e. 6600 for FTF maybe, so am I to blame for this I wonder  :o

It will definitely sell like hot cakes, nethertheless!

the problem is this mate, if they make a different cast for each version they make, the cost goes up,it just aint viable to make a different one for each, hence the small comprimises on the new one, like the exhaust, you you really want to see them priced at say 35 quid ,just for small differences like this, most of us on here are competant enough to move things like that anyway

They have made a new bonnet casting and still got it wrong, as regards exhaust, so why bother  ???

Okay I am being picky about the cab roof, but they could have made the correct cab front with the deeper windscreen that dropped either side of the instrument panel on the thousand series. This would have given them the opportunity to release the 7A range with the bubble cab and still get two models from one basic casting with a few compromises, from this they could have moved on to the series 10 range with a new bonnet. There you go wishful thinking, RC2 and I think I just saw a flying pink elephant  ;)

Oi cheesy feet get your shoes and socks back on now!  yes it was intended ;D

From what I gather, in an early meeting, Britains had planned to run the 5000 and 7000, and had no intentions of running the 6600 and 7600 untill I put it to them, i.e. 6600 for FTF maybe, so am I to blame for this I wonder  :o

Thats rather satisfying Andy.. well done you...

My only claim to fame is I am the one responsible for the UH35x having the wrong colour seat  :-[

they should pay you commision on every 7600 sold then ;)

It would be nice to see what kind of a job Universal Hobbies would make of a Basildon Blue model if Ford / New Holland give them permission to produce models for them. It would be a he** of a lot more acurate than the Britains / RC2 effort.  Again as I said before " Where did the researcher for Britains / RC2 leave his guide dog when he looked over the 600 series brochures or real tractors"  ???

i have tryed to put the bubble cab on the new 5000 to see if it will fit when the 7000 & 7600 come out.  a lot of cutting has to be done to the bonnet as its to wide.

But RC2 would RE-do the bubble cab for this model and not for a out of scale ford TW----8100 --5610 etc  :-\

so it might be a corker

i have tryed to put the bubble cab on the new 5000 to see if it will fit when the 7000 & 7600 come out.  a lot of cutting has to be done to the bonnet as its to wide.

i tried an old white metal one i had lying arround and that semed to fit ok mate?? mind you it was a bit bent before i straghtened it up so it may have been out sligtly