My field record/diary

Belarusfan

crops where all upright and quite tall to be honest mate, and very yellow as a whole, usally down this way is 2/3 weeks ahaed of that neck of the woods down to being warmer ect, but not this year, the short crop i saw was wheat, coulndt have been 1ft tall at a guess, maybe a tad more, ears were pretty big mind and well developed 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No East European sprayers then Chris :D :D

Crops looks well if a little short but still plenty of time left ;)

None yet ::) Mind you, as far as I know none were ever imported.. Though Spraycare has some deal with Hungarian company Kertitox now.. :-\

I think it looks surprisingly well considering its had no fert :D I think that's a bit clever if it still yields something- no cost of the fert 8)

It is very short, but it hasn't been on flag leaf very long at all and not even what most crops would normally do, just went so quickly...  But short is good, less straw to dispose of and less lodging risk :D

Not a brilliant growing season for barley this year Sean - some even got flattened over here with the rain on Saturday - my neighbour has a 3 acre field and it will be impossible to cut about 2 acres are flat :(

Doesn't sound good about it going down :-[

Lots of ramularia in barley here this year.

• 2 weeks later...

An update from Saturday; now fully on ear and flowering. Nice and clean, both disease and weed wise. And remembering no ferts, I'm pretty impressed, especially with the ears which are mostly a decent length. Just want them to fill out now.

IMG_8827Custom.jpg

IMG_8828Custom.jpg

Looking nice and even as well Chris - no tramlines ???

Thanks, I'm pleased :) They're just about visible still, but mostly growing back with ears 8) Just hope they arn't too far behind :-\

looking great chris,been talking to james about it in the punchbowl

will be buying buying your book soon,plans for any other projects

looking great chris,been talking to james about it in the punchbowl

will be buying buying your book soon,plans for any other projects

You must be local then? Apologies if I already know you ::):-[:D

• 1 month later...

all looks well chris was good to look back over the topic again , at least there were no leaks to contend with on the big tractor this year so all the ploughing was done 'in house ' so to speak , look forward to seeing this harvested , when the right weather comes  :)

Looks well, especially with no 'N'.  ;) You'll be surprised how much it will grow after the ear emerges if the weather is 'growy'   :D

i hate it when you get technical john  :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cut it today. 18-19% moisture.

Yield averaged from poor to very poor - about 1t/acre.

Cutting very high as no use for the straw so seems stupid to push it all through the drum for no reason. In places where there was a bit of rubbish I just took the ears off and a tiny bit of straw to help it feed. Afterall, that's the bit I'm interested in.

IMG_2049Custom.jpg

IMG_2053Custom.jpg

250 and trailer

IMG_2065Custom.jpg

IMG_2068Custom.jpg

note the bindweed :(

IMG_2070Custom.jpg

IMG_2072Custom.jpg

I watched two Lexions tonight struggling in some awful conditions, I don't know what they were yielding but it can't have been that good and my feet were soaking standing in the field, so heaven knows what moisture levels were!

Is the combine your own mate?

I watched two Lexions tonight struggling in some awful conditions, I don't know what they were yielding but it can't have been that good and my feet were soaking standing in the field, so heaven knows what moisture levels were!

Is the combine your own mate?

Sounds like it must have been pretty wet!

Yep it's my combine.

glad to see the old belarus's getting some credit  ;D nice pics  ;)

Good to see you got the crop cut Chris........Good to see the Belarus again........ :) :)

I'm pleased it's done now, was getting a bit late! ::)

It will be interesting to see how you go about incorporating all that standing straw  :o :o :o :o What sort of cultivation tackle have you got?

I shall run the topper over it, and maybe some discs, then plough in the spring.

Its an interesting little machine, thats for sure - is it a Wintersteiger like the others you've featured on your site?

It is yes, just a little older :)

I cannot understand how I managed to miss this topic first time round. Absolutely brilliant topic and excellent photos of the way it was with the classic kit you have. I have seen quite a few combines in action this harvest and been aboard a few too .... but well your one is the most unusual and cunning looking one I have seen yet. I'm looking forward to seeing more posts in this topic.