The New Ford releases - comments here please

FB

Re the cab, the 6Y models (ie 2, 3, 4 and 5000) did have the 'lip' where it met the bonnet (like on Britains' original 5000), whereas the 7A1 models (5600, 6600, 7600 etc) did not, as on the new Britains models. I think the reason for the oversight on the new 5000 is that in Diecast Collector there's a picture of a real 5000, presumably the one Britains got their measurements from, which doesn't have this lip and I would guess it's a replacement cab

This change came along between the M and N registration period. I recall we had a 4000 on a M plate that had the windscreen with the lip and a neighbour who had a 5000 on an N plate had the flat bottom windscreen on his model. I think that the door mirror mounting point was changed at the same time too. From just above the top of highest door hinge to half way up side of window for better rear vision  :)  So the 5000 they looked at was a later model

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, my mistake then, I was just going on Stuart Gibbard's book and the brochure pictures from Diecast Collector, thanks for clearing it up!

No problem there. It's just that I am old enough to remember driving these tractors in my younger days and these details stick in the memory. That's where a lot of members on here are at a loss at times, as they are too young to know about some of the older models that were on the go before they were on the go themselves  ;)  I am a mine of information back as far as " Pre Force Ford " but don't ask about anything before that though. Not my era then  ;) The Gibbard books are a great reference guide for Fords but can lack small details that you might need to know but they are few and far between.

as andy has said before rc2/britains do read these comments from time to time & so far it's mostly negative, this could put the relationship that andy has with them in unfavourable light ,even though they know he's not responsiblefor our opinions.

Andy has worked hard to get us the 6600 we have for the ftf tractor for which we are very gratefull for the work he's put in so from here on in i think constructive critisism only is whats needed .

I don't own any of the new models yet so I will not pass judgement (although the pics I have seen do look good) I'd like to know how many people actually would even know that it maybe to wide tyres to high etc. (I know I wouldn't and I reckon many others wouldn't either)

I think that the criticism given has been vaild and justified. RC2 need to be open to criticism so they can improve their product therefor making more sales. If they can't then I think they are in the wrong business.

I think that the criticism given has been vaild and justified. RC2 need to be open to criticism so they can improve their product therefor making more sales. If they can't then I think they are in the wrong business.

Indeed Scott, hence the topic, i'm not gonna buy one because i've seen so many pics of it and negative comments that i'd rather not waste my money on one, but then again i'm not sure i would have anyway as i'm not a Ford lover so have no need for one. I have 3 FTF tractors to support the forum as i did last year and will again next time. :) :)

RC2 i hope do some how hear of our dissapointment and make radical changes or they will see a decline in sales in future products. They say they want to be better so they need to prove it, Siku year in year out release better looking machines and implements, RC2 seem to release the odd good product sometimes.

I hope that this is a 'taster' but if it is, its gonna leave a sour taste in their mouth :-\, it doesnt really benefit a collector due to certain detail and its not a great toy model due to lack of detail :D :D ::)

Sorry for negativitiy but you have to be honest with them, but i loved collecting Britains models when i was younger and wouldnt go near Siku etc., now i get upset when they do this >:( >:( and its the opposite, i now collect Siku and others and rarely RC2 >:( >:(>:(

not got my 6600 yet but looking at other 6600 pics from

here and ebay and it looks like RC2 has copied my

ford grill or its pure  Co'incidance   :D;D ;D

Their cab fits the same as your's too Nige!  ::);)

so how far out is it really then toolbox?? and saying that, are the older 5000's truely scale wise right to?? not a big ford man, but i wouldn't mind knowing deffinitivly if the new ones right or not, i know i listed my measuerments ,and they didnt really even tie up with the britains box specs they listed as a normal 5000  i must say 

It's a shame this is happening wish RC2 would listen to you guys, yet there are lot guys who have complained and said will get it anyway and maybe copy Sean's suggestions.  I wonder if RC2 will just say that it is selling well so why make an effort........Bill W use to tell the guys on TTS "if you don't like don't buy it"...

I must agree with TM810, I don't think the're that bad, just recieved the FTF 6600 this AM and I quite like it, although its slightly banana shaped. I'm going to leave it alone, but probably will have a bit of a fiddle with a 5000 or two same as Sean has done. I think what we have to remember, is that Britains are primarily a toy manufacturer, and we as collecters take somewhat of a back seat ,and that taken as a toy the 5000 is really rather good.

Will everyone who has the new 5000 please have a closer look, an eagle eyed mate of mine has told me that on some of them the engine oil filter is not painted white. ????

Will everyone who has the new 5000 please have a closer look, an eagle eyed mate of mine has told me that on some of them the engine oil filter is not painted white. ????

Mines got a white oil filter, might be the ones without the white oil filter are fitted with original Ford parts??  :D

It's a shame this is happening wish RC2 would listen to you guys, yet there are lot guys who have complained and said will get it anyway and maybe copy Sean's suggestions.  I wonder if RC2 will just say that it is selling well so why make an effort........Bill W use to tell the guys on TTS "if you don't like don't buy it"...

exactly Rick, thats why i dont have other models and wont be getting these!!! :D, and really why should i buy one to cut up to make it look right??, it should be to start with!!! ;D ;D

Remember these comments are for Andy to possibly show Craig and help with improvements to other models :) :). Our frustration will hopefully be realised and they may take them on board :-\

Having been undecided about this Ford, re the axle, think I must agree with "FB"

>>exactly Rick, thats why i dont have other models and wont be getting these!!! , and really why should i buy one to cut up to make it look right??, it should be to start with!!! <<

Think i'll hang on, see if anything develops, ........not  holding my breath though!  :-\

exactly Rick, thats why i dont have other models and wont be getting these!!! :D, and really why should i buy one to cut up to make it look right??, it should be to start with!!! ;D ;D

I see your a Massey man FB, question is would you buy a Britains 165 for example, built to this standard?

Yes it needs improvements that is certain, but no one else is catering for 1/32 classics at this price level. Let me know if they are ;)

I see your a Massey man FB, question is would you buy a Britains 165 for example, built to this standard?

Yes it needs improvements that is certain, but no one else is catering for 1/32 classics at this price level. Let me know if they are ;)

That's the thing really isn't it MDF...it is inexpensive.... but then it's not as if they don't have fantastic technology and are not able to churn out high quality models... and if you don't tell them what you don't like about it... they won't know will they :-\

Im of the opinion that whatever the model and whoever is producing it someone will always find something that could be improved or isnt right. I have ordered one because its Britains and its a ford but mainly because it is ok for the money and will look good with the rest of my collection. I will continue to buy all the new releases whether perfect or not but then thats just me, although i have just started aquiring some blue conversions now where as before it was purely britains :)