The New Ford releases - comments here please

FB

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Britains gave us the opportunity to repeat this nice story in 1:32?  :D

But honestly, even if the tractor looks like a Ford and the other modell like an old PZ mower - they were both made by the same manufacturer called (RC) Britains and they should take into consideration that tractors should fit the implements, even if they are 30 years old ...

you are absolutly right Richard the hitch is a big gripe

they should have left the hitch well allone at the 5610 stage

and not adapt the ertl/rc2 version

I know this has been said before but what are Britain's RC2 thinking about. It says on the boxes of all the models 'compatible hitch for all Britain's implements'. Well, this statement is blatently untrue. If the company wish to keep their market happy and buoyant then they will have to be educated.

yep, make sure the pic is under 115kb (around 600x400 in size)

goto addtional options and click it

where is says attach, click browse and look for where the photo is located

click on it and then open

once done, click post, not preview and it will appear

Hello Richard,

I think all you wrote is correct. My comments are exactly the same. I?m not angry and I think Andy did a good job to offer us a FTF Model. But I?m disappointed about the production from RC 2. I have the same problem with an often used modell like the tipping trailer. The Implements could`t not fit. If RC 2 could`nt produce a linkage for all Implements, why didn`t made they a linkage like an oiriginal, where everyone knows you could`nt fit the Britains Implements. So we have no disappointment and know that the new Ford Models are only for Collectors to put them behind a glass shelf. 

I will do now a restauration of an old MF 135 and I think the job should be so good, to use thinks like the disc mover on it.

The fun with the old Britains things make me hope.

Blueford

Hello Richard,

I think all you wrote is correct. My comments are exactly the same. I?m not angry and I think Andy did a good job to offer us a FTF Model. But I?m disappointed about the production from RC 2. I have the same problem with an often used modell like the tipping trailer. The Implements could`t not fit. If RC 2 could`nt produce a linkage for all Implements, why didn`t made they a linkage like an oiriginal, where everyone knows you could`nt fit the Britains Implements. So we have no disappointment and know that the new Ford Models are only for Collectors to put them behind a glass shelf.   

I will do now a restauration of an old MF 135 and I think the job should be so good, to use thinks like the disc mover on it.

The fun with the old Britains things make me hope.

Blueford

might end up with the JD hi lift linkage  ;D ;D ;D

and the only thing that fits will be the sebering disc thingys  :D :D :D;D ;D

resurect the 784 or 1690 or if thats too much to

ask for just redo the linkage on the 5000  ;) ;) ;)

• 2 months later...

Just took my new ford 7600 out of the box for inspection and im pleased to say its faultless. Stickers on straight and trimed to correct length exhaust and air cleaner straight and true paintwork finish immaculate and tyres on correct way round an all round good model for the money, I dont know what youre all moaning about. ;D ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Heres my comments and reveiw of the new Britain's Ford 7600.

Well, Britain's have come up trumps once again, just another 'toy' tractor.

Wrong exhaust, should be further forward in line with the front of the manifold and it should be a black oval one.

The rear wheel weights should not be there as these were an after market fitment.

The rear hitch is again too narrow to fit most implements.

Front tyres are 7.50x16 and should be 7.50x18.

No representation of a 'turbo'.

No rear lights again or front cab mounted on stems sidelights.

If I remember right, there should be another decal on the front nose-cone side panels but can't remember what it was now.

In short, this model, if you can call it that, is just a 6600 or 7000 with 7600 decals. (apart from the grille which is ok).

Come on Britain's, it's about time you took notice of these details if you wish to compete in the 'collectors' market, perhaps you should buy some of your competitors models and see how to really make models, even Ros have started to overtake you now and they used to make some rubbish as well. Look, listen and LEARN!

The exhaust on the 7600 should in fact be a silver-grey oval one.

The 7000 and 7600 had both Load Monitor and Dual Power as standard and had a single decal exactly as on the Britains 7000. The 7600 should have one the same!

Actually Dual Power was an option at extra cost as was 2 speed PTO. Only Load Monitor was std.

Actually Dual Power was an option at extra cost as was 2 speed PTO. Only Load Monitor was std.

even then a bit later ford did offer a 7600 without load monitor, the bubble cabbed 7600E, & before anyone asks, that was the only difference between the 7600 & 7600E

My goodness... you Ford Massive members are suuuuch geeks... you wouldn't catch the "real massive" quoting geeky facts like that  ::):D :D

I echo that last comment

its a toy for godsake ok a "collector" one but look what you are getting for your money if you want it down to the last bolt then buy the scaledown parts or someone elses parts

and buy some "load monitor/dual power/turbo" decals from some one who

does them  ;):D;D

you will be winging next that the engine doesent even work  :D;D ;D ;D ;D

I echo that last comment

its a toy for godsake ok a "collector" one but look what you are getting for your money if you want it down to the last bolt then buy the scaledown parts or someone elses parts

and buy some "load monitor/dual power/turbo" decals from some one who

does them  ;):D;D

you will be winging next that the engine doesent even work  :D;D ;D ;D ;D

I woundn't go that far, but the steering dont work :D :D :D::)

I think this is the point: most of us would rather have to pay a few pounds more and have it right , than end up with a bodge up (we can make bodge job conversions for ourselves if that is what we want!). 

Britains need not have kept to such a low retail price.  If it had been over ?20, it would still sell in bucketloads - lets face it, if they put a Ford badge on a turd, sprayed it blue and put it in a Britains box, every one would want one.

your just talking cr@p now  :D :D :D :D

• 6 months later...

value for money. that is about the only thing i can say about this. However, if RC2 is calling the 7000/7600 collector's issues, than more attention to detail and a steering axle are the least things to look after. Of course collector's will buy the mass produced long awaited models of the 5000/7000/7600 but they would do so for 20 pounds too with more detail and SATISFACTION.

Now they are finding their way to the playing field of little children where they can be mishandled, beaten and destroyed for their pleasure. Not exactly how and where a collector's issue should end..