The New Ford releases - comments here please

FB

Lets have some honest opinions so Andy can let Craig know the true response it has in the collectors world...remember they are supposed to listen to us!! :) :) :)

personally i think they had lost interest after annoucing the model and gave up on it, so much more could have been done to make this a great model. Its pretty crap for both collector and toy farmer from what i have seen and i wont be buying any of them (except FTF models)......and everyone is modifying it to make it better or correct...which is wrong really  :D :D :D

Surely this should not be happening as it should be right from the start!! >:( >:(

Lets hope they can sort next years out as i can see it being a flop! >:( >:(>:(

Dont mean to be negative but i wasnt impressed with the version i saw at the toy fair and it was supposed to get better :( :( :(

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will reserve judgement and advise others who havn't actually got one yet to do the same. Makes it fair and viable.

fair enough but from peoples reponses so far and the amount of re-working i'm not impressed :( :( :(

promised so much pre release pic wise, and delivered 75% of that in its basic deatil ,and build quallity, but why stopp there and not do the steering, they set a standard with the jd 4020 which suerly they must keep to now, not drop again, they claim it to be a dispaly model, well my arugment would be, so are uh, and look at them, i know the are toys, but hell keep up please rc2

I fundamentaly agree with all that's been said and the hype it had before the release. No matter what the quality, there will always be a certain amount of criticism regardless of who made the model. What can we all really expect for just ?12.99p. Detail has to be paid for, this is why, in my oppinion other models with more detail are priced conciderably more. You can't have your cake and eat it as they say.

Be thankful that at least they are thinking about the more classic tractors and that with a little gentle pressure and persuasion, models will improve further. It will be interesting to see if any of the comments will be addressed by the time the 7000 is on the shelves. Just a question of 'watch this space' I reckon.

The new 5000 has a mixed review in our house.

From my point of view as a collector there are parts of it which I personally like,the glazed cab,bonnet and engine,front grille etc.

The parts I don't like are like most other people,the rear linkage and non-steering axle.

My 7 year old son,Charlie ,is over the moon with his though.

I think he prefers the older looking models because he sees my cabinets full of Fordsons and he was probably crying out for a classic 'Blue' to play with.

So it has a fan in Charlie.

I can see the potential for modifying the 5000 as can many more,so its good for the converters because its a good base to start from.

I am looking froward to the many conversions which will be coming out in the near future,the possibilities are endless. :)

fair enough but from peoples reponses so far and the amount of re-working i'm not impressed :( :( :(

I'm not either Ben, not in the least bit impressed but if Andy is to raise this with RC2 at the next meeting he should get a clear picture from those who have bought it only. If this Topic gets inundated with replies from everyone, how will Andy ever be able to be sure if what he reading is true accounts by buyers/collectors or opinions by people such as me on a "from what I hear. . .." basis. RC2 get a fair old bit of criticism, from me included but being that I don't actually own one of these models just yet it wouldn't be fair to have my opinion taken to the table based on seeing pictures from other people. Sounds fair doesn't it?

Me. .. . the three feet dwarf of Wiltshire ...  ... . ...  a Diplomat. ... with my reputation? have you gone stark raving bonkers?!!  :D

I'm not either Ben, not in the least bit impressed but if Andy is to raise this with RC2 at the next meeting he should get a clear picture from those who have bought it only. If this Topic gets inundated with replies from everyone, how will Andy ever be able to be sure if what he reading is true accounts by buyers/collectors or opinions by people such as me on a "from what I hear. . .." basis. RC2 get a fair old bit of criticism, from me included but being that I don't actually own one of these models just yet it wouldn't be fair to have my opinion taken to the table based on seeing pictures from other people. Sounds fair doesn't it?

Me. .. . the three feet dwarf of Wiltshire ...  ... . ...   a Diplomat. ... with my reputation? have you gone stark raving bonkers?!!  :D

its a good point you make tris,until you get it you have not seen it so to speak so it would be wrong to comment on it

::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)

havent got one yet

im getting the 6600 5000 7000 and 7600

and probebly I will get a few 5000s to rip apart

so they have sold more than 5 models to me

how many other people will get this for nostalger

reasons ? I recon allot ,it going to be a big seller

no matter what a few of us lot think

I would put money on it that it will do better than

the classic deeres and the david brown 990

because fords where  more common on the 60s and 70s

from the pics i have seen i realy like it and im not a ford fan

ok it has no steering the hitch looks wrong BUT can you

realy blame RC2 for that ,that hitch is like that for safety

reasons as its more reiforced remember its a childs toy

at the enf of the day

as for cabs remember the origional 5000 cab that god awful white

thing that was on the major ive never seen anything like that in the real world atleast they glazed it this time

Well i think personally that Britains have done a big flop with the 5000 and the 6600 both look wrong and tacky.

I have to say that I second this verdict here. Having seen the Ford 5000 I am sad to say it won't be added to my collection any time soon. As for the 6600 well it's totally wrong, The old 6600 of 30 years ago was more realistic looking and accurate

well i got the 5000 i,m not that hard to please i quite like it all models can not be perfect as in some cases there are so many variations this i dont understand  ::)

quote author=PARMITER link=topic=15992.msg275774#msg275774 date=1182372671]

Well i think personally that Britains have done a big flop with the 5000 and the 6600 both look wrong and tacky.

and i read most posts

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15898.msg274021#msg274021[

i have mixed thoughts on this tractor despite what i've already said in another post, these tractors may not be to everyones likeing BUT some of the detail has been missed, lights on the rear, stearing is an obvious issue, & 'that' hitch unit, but for those of us that can aford it we already have the original 5000 / 6600, at least this will enable some of the younger collectors to be able to own a newer version of what is a classic tractor  to the rest of us .

i also agree that price vs quality & detail is also an issue here, compared to a siku deutz 210 for ?12 to that of the 5000 at ?12.99 seems to sugest that siku are still ahead of the game .

Indeed after all the hype around this particular model it may be our response to the model that is blown out of proportion, there maybe an uproar around the country , but as andy has said before rc2/britains do read these comments from time to time & so far it's mostly negative, this could put the relationship that andy has with them in unfavourable light ,even though they know he's not responsiblefor our opinions.

Andy has worked hard to get us the 6600 we have for the ftf tractor for which we are very gratefull for the work he's put in so from here on in i think constructive critisism only is whats needed .

I would like to come back with a little more. I have scanned the reveiw in the July Dicast Collector and reading between the lines, it seems to me that the new 5000 is somewhat of a 'tester' to see how the different customers, ie the toy side and the collector side, receive it. We know that they do look on the forum for which we should be grateful, so post like hell chaps. The reveiw tells us of the strength of the agricultural toy demand and sales figures and they are said to be building on this success and have dropped production of the larger scale automotive side of manufacturing to put resouces 'elsewhere'. As for the accuracy of detail, blueprint plans of tractors are no longer supplied to them so they have to rely on photographic material and measurement so without blueprints in front of them it is only to be expected that a certain amount of detail will be missed. I would say, "Mr Britain's man, if you're reading this, tell the OEM's that your customers require a good representation of detail in the product so please please please supply us with blueprint copies, how hard would it be, surely your Secretaries are farmiliar in the use of photocopiers?  ???

i have mixed thoughts on this tractor despite what i've already said in another post, these tractors may not be to everyones likeing BUT some of the detail has been missed, lights on the rear, stearing is an obvious issue, & 'that' hitch unit, but for those of us that can aford it we already have the original 5000 / 6600, at least this will enable some of the younger collectors to be able to own a newer version of what is a classic tractor  to the rest of us .

i also agree that price vs quality & detail is also an issue here, compared to a siku deutz 210 for ?12 to that of the 5000 at ?12.99 seems to sugest that siku are still ahead of the game .

Indeed after all the hype around this particular model it may be our response to the model that is blown out of proportion, there maybe an uproar around the country , but as andy has said before rc2/britains do read these comments from time to time & so far it's mostly negative, this could put the relationship that andy has with them in unfavourable light ,even though they know he's not responsiblefor our opinions.

Andy has worked hard to get us the 6600 we have for the ftf tractor for which we are very gratefull for the work he's put in so from here on in i think constructive critisism only is whats needed .

I think we are all being too hasty BUY the model then review it

Indeed britains does read our reviews and andy has worked hard

but please could we be a little more constuctive

looking at the cab to real one in CT the old Britains saftey cab tapperd

but looking at some photos of a 5000 in CT i would say the new version

of the 5000 cab looks more accurate  ;) ;)

Guest Powerdozer

well i got the 5000 i,m not that hard to please i quite like it all models can not be perfect as in some cases there are so many variations this i dont understand  ::)

and i read most posts

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15898.msg274021#msg274021[

That was before i got one and now i have i wish i had not. Andy has done a great job and its always apprieciated but i think the truth needs to be voiced.

Ok I haven't got a 5000 yet, but as I like Fords,I will as soon as I find one locally. Try to pick one off the shelf that doesn't sag in the middle if possible if they do look like that. I expect I'll get one to try and modify to my liking as well, but you could say that about most models, Siku included, if its a type you really like.

Lets just remember this is a step in the right direction by Britains in expanding the classic range, after all lots of people on here have said its what they want. Hopefully feedback that Britains/Ertl get to hear from Andy and if they still look on here sometimes, will encourage them to perhaps make some alterations to the model (steering for example) and step up a rung for the next classic they hopefully have planned.

In a way I'm glad its not a re run of the same casting as the old 5000/6600, like the FW30 appears to be. This way it keeps the old ones "special" and maintains their value.

Ok I haven't got a 5000 yet, but as I like Fords,I will as soon as I find one locally. Try to pick one off the shelf that doesn't sag in the middle if possible if they do look like that. I expect I'll get one to try and modify to my liking as well, but you could say that about most models, Siku included, if its a type you really like.

Lets just remember this is a step in the right direction by Britains in expanding the classic range, after all lots of people on here have said its what they want. Hopefully feedback that Britains/Ertl get to hear from Andy and if they still look on here sometimes, will encourage them to perhaps make some alterations to the model (steering for example) and step up a rung for the next classic they hopefully have planned.

In a way I'm glad its not a re run of the same casting as the old 5000/6600, like the FW30 appears to be. This way it keeps the old ones "special" and maintains their value.

Ill second that  ;)

its just ok for the price, in reality its not that detailed for the price, for all the detail that is on it ?9 would be plenty to pay for it, especialy when uh can make great models with excellent detail and steering front axles and decent hitches selling for ?1 or ?2 dearerthan these.

Re the cab, the 6Y models (ie 2, 3, 4 and 5000) did have the 'lip' where it met the bonnet (like on Britains' original 5000), whereas the 7A1 models (5600, 6600, 7600 etc) did not, as on the new Britains models. I think the reason for the oversight on the new 5000 is that in Diecast Collector there's a picture of a real 5000, presumably the one Britains got their measurements from, which doesn't have this lip and I would guess it's a replacement cab