CLASSIC TRACTOR aug 2007

got mine just before i went away. good read, and a very intresting classic tractor vote in there, wont spoil the 2 top winners, but lets just say it was deserved in both cases eh lads,

great read rory, and loved the bit about the irsh boys stuff in collectors corner mate, deff keep that bit going thats for sure

Right, first off, when you get it, go to page 64. I thought the Leyland 285 had silver wheels!  :o

::)

Pages 108, 109 and 110 have a feature on FTF members Paul and Brian Moynan.

Then back to the beginning - page 7 : The Ellin family tractor fleet - excellent taste.  :D

Page 23 : New owner for Roadless.

Page 26, 27, 28, 29 : David Brown 1412 - excellent article!

Page 32 : Letters page - the reason I love CT. We find out the real story behind the blue Sekura Explorer cabbed Leylands.

Page 43 - 48 : Superb article about the early development work for the Cat Challenger. The cover price is worth it for this article alone.

Marky and Ben should avoid pages 50 and 51.  ;)

They will enjoy pages 60 and 62 though! (and I've already mentioned page 64  :-* )

I enjoyed 72, 75 and 76. Smish and Sparrowlegs will enjoy page 77.

Then it's back to 108 for a second read through the Paul and Brian article.

Can't wait to see how Rory improves on this edition!  8)

Dear Case&IH94Man, SPN & tractorman810,

Thank you for your kind comments, you are really too kind.

It's always good to get feedback, especially on something like the Challenger story, which really began last year after we ran a story on the development of the new Challenger 900B articulated 4WD tractor. In this story, Scott Garvey mentioned the wheeled prototype from the early 1980s. In passing, I said to Scott that it would be great if he could track down the prototype, and within two days he had...but it was in Iowa, which is hundreds and probably thousands of miles from where he lives in Canada. He managed to arrange for a photographer to visit the owner, who it turned out also owned the very early prototype tracked Challenger. Two for the price of one.

He also tracked down the original engineers who worked on both projects, who also contributed a number of rare prototype pictures.

Eventually, in April, we went to see them and did the final story.

Regards

Rory

Well I had a quick "speed read" this morning... initial thoughts...  :o :o :o :o - what a mag... very well laid out... informative and some great atricles... will take some reading as well... so well worth the money in my opinion...

for those of you (like me until yesterday) who havn't.... then do... you will not be dissappointed  :)

Well do Mr Editor... you've just got another new "punter"  ;D

nice to see FTF plugged on the useful websites on page 110  ;) the ford 8830 and john deere 4955 are intresting pictures on page 47, in the advert for j.brock & son (page 49) the claas dominator 85 would like to see one in 1:32 scale (hint hint britains ;D)

I liked the pics of the royal show rory

any chance of doing that one again

also be nice to see a IH stand in there

but that was an interesting read

it looked like our west-mid shows that i

used to go to jam-packed full of the new

farm machinery

please please do another one as these by-gone pics

are treasures ;) ;) ;) ;)

Andy5050

That is some compliment and much appretiated. There's certainly plenty of competition out there and that's driving us to better things.....like the Top 10 Classics in the latest issue.

Having said that, it's also heaps more work for yours truly, which is why it's always nice when someone says they like something in the magazine.

Regards

Rory

Andy5050

That is some compliment and much appretiated. There's certainly plenty of competition out there and that's driving us to better things.....like the Top 10 Classics in the latest issue.

Having said that, it's also heaps more work for yours truly, which is why it's always nice when someone says they like something in the magazine.

Regards

Rory

I have found it impossible, in any sphere of subject matter to find an entire  publication's content to be of interest.  That's where you and your team score top marks Rory.  As for another huge complement you only need to look at the fact that McCormick have given your readers such a huge privalige in having a chance at owning those two very important tractors.  It shows, to me anyway, that they deem the mag to be of interest to a very wide spectrum of enthusiasts.

If you need any help..........(though my spelling is cr@p)!

I love the 1412 article ;D a very good read and what a restoration i hope to achive the same standards with my future restrorations of my DB 1410H and my 1210 and when ever i get a 4wd 1410 to i also liked the roadless 700 industrial a very nice looking machine id say our industrial county skid steer (same colours) would look great beside it on desplay when its restored.

Regards

James Gregan.(DB1410)

• 2 weeks later...