Graham's Work

graham

thanks bill yes the sprayer is big i would think it will leave some big tramlines this year. i took that pic joe when charlies firn was spreading at the farm we was working at i dont see them that much see the lorrys around a bit thought you might like the outfit joe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year has been a bad one for the amount of rain we have had but it will maybe save us getting the white stuff later on in the year....good to see you posting pictures of your work and what you see in other folks farms and shed Graham....keep them coming I like them 8)

the maize pics where taken two weeks ago jd 6910 it has not styopped raining since but a hell of a lot dryer than you have had

thanks bill you have had it bad up there two bill we better of than you at moment in our corner

the maize pics where taken two weeks ago jd 6910 it has not styopped raining since but a hell of a lot dryer than you have had

thanks bill you have had it bad up there two bill we better of than you at moment in our corner

Yes there has been a lot of rain this year our way this year Graham but maybe the more rain the less whit stuff to come 8)

Having said that there has been less weekend rain this year than last in Scotland....and why...well I only know I have exhibited at more shows this year than last ;D ;D ..going back 30 years I would have attended them be it "hell or high water" but now if it's raining the day before a show I don't attach a trailer and load up a tractor.....maybe I'm just get more sensible as I age :unsure:

thanks bill yes the sprayer is big i would think it will leave some big tramlines this year. i took that pic joe when charlies firn was spreading at the farm we was working at i dont see them that much see the lorrys around a bit thought you might like the outfit joe

Cheers Graham,not to often i get to see a Black Beauty,'specially an 828 with the huge optional 900 rears and 710 front's,a future project maybe, ;) ;)

Regards

Joe.

Stunning pics as always Graham. Nice to scroll back and see the development of the parlour.

Yes nice to see ACS in full action. I know Charlie is chuffed to bits with the 828 Black beauty's and their performance has surprised him compared with his current and previous John Deeres. For those of us who grew up with the green & yellows being the dogs gangles its kindof sad really but life moves on.

Fantastic pictures from you, Graham. You do get to see and work on some amazing farms and some of the transformations these farms are undergoing from you and the team of blokes you work with are phenomenal. Never had anything to do with dairy apart from the harvesting side of things so seeing these rotating parlours, automated scraper systems and so on is a real eye opener for this little herbert B)

Nice to see Charlies kit being seen out and about too, those tyres are something else! Wouldn't want to snag a side wall on a gate hinge with one of them boots.That front fork is smart too with that kick off arrangement, again. . . new one on me! You Kent boys see all the fancy stuff, Fella I'll give you that. Remember seeing that crew out and about between grass so you never know, may get to see them again over the next few weeks. I did see the living van on Friday as I left Sheerness come to think of it. On a 6430, possibly.

Forager has been suited and booted for the wet ground I see but where you were on this day it looks like pretty good going,

thanks tris and udi like yourself tris we get around a bit ,the fendt did look well i must say ,the maize was beeing harvested down deal on the coast in kent ,light land tris the wheels kept the foarager on top ok they was chopping right through the nite to get it in before the rain ,the travelodge was there but when they use it i am not sure ,we have slowed down work wise but just starting a 6bay leanto which will house new milking parlour and dairy ,dry cow yard with overhang roof and feed fence ,calf rearig shed ,and concrete roads,and yards but rain not helping out at all i will get a few pics as we go

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very interesting, I'd never herd of a sand separator before so had a quick Google, I wondered whether you could expand on it a bit, how exactly does it work? How does it get from shed to storage for seperation? what tanks does it go to to settle? where does it go after that? what are the sloping pools for? And does the seperated manure go into a slurry pit? I know an augers involved but where about in the process?

Very interesting , been working on a farm which has had a sand separator put in different make to that one. Does this have augers underneath the sheds too feed it and how many cows can a system that size deal with ? Like the scraper on the loadall looks a good bit of kit.

sorry james lost most of my reply   the slurry moves from under the slats under its own weight it goes to a tank where it is mixed then a piston pump moves slurry up to separator, the solids are squezzed out and drop out of machine into a pile this is in the large block wall pit the liquids run down the grey pipework to the settlement tanks the way theyare built the liquid creeps round the end of the walls and the sand settles out the last two walls have weirs in as well ,the liquid then gets pumped away to irrigator and the sand pits can be emptied with loadall as can the solids from the pit the system is a USA design the scraper is built in USA as well. the rubber matting is fitted where the cows feed and a walkway to parlour the concrete was keeped 20 mm down so the mats are flush with concrete for scraping regards graham

Archived