Two Sister?s Farm

Tellarian

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p1010024rp3.jpg

p1010025gz8.jpg

These are the last pictures for a while, I promise. I?ve not done much that?s worth photographing lately. I am making a fence to go across the bridge and it?s rather fiddly to  do. The fence consists of six wooden posts and a row of three wires going through them. I have made a jig to hold the parts together while the super glue cures. I can then glue the fence on the layout as one item. I shall be using PVA and adding some long grass round the bottom of the posts to help it stay in place when the layout goes on tour next year.

The bunker with the tin you like Tris is supposed to be a coaling stage for the one steam loco we run on Two Sister?s farm. It?s made of 1/35 scale Italeri brick work some bits of balsa, coffee cup wrappers and thin copper wire.

The dates for exhibitions are 27th January Crewe, 1st March Moulton near Northampton.

17th May Desborough, Northants. And 11th ,12th  October Corby Northants.

Then if that nice man at Farmmodels asks me I will be at Toytrac next year if it doesn?t clash with any of my existing commitments.  If I get any more I will post the dates.

:)

I just love that litle bunker with the tinwork and the brick. Really really imaginative. When you say on tour, where will the tour take oyu? Be nice to see it if you travel Wiltshire way.

You'll have to go to the model railway show Moulton School, Northampton same as me - 1st March 2008. 

Wonderful stuff. I will keep a look out then. Could use the same principles as your coaling stage in a feed supplement bunker for a few old spuds, turnips etc to chuck in with the cattle feed on Leveret's Farm  ;)

The bunker with the tin you like Tris is supposed to be a coaling stage for the one steam loco we run on Two Sister?s farm. It?s made of 1/35 scale Italeri brick work some bits of balsa, coffee cup wrappers and thin copper wire.

The dates for exhibitions are 27th January Crewe, 1st March Moulton near Northampton.

17th May Desborough, Northants. And 11th ,12th  October Corby Northants.

Then if that nice man at Farmmodels asks me I will be at Toytrac next year if it doesn?t clash with any of my existing commitments.  If I get any more I will post the dates.

:)

dont ask stev just tell him :D :D :D we would love to see it there in the flesh so to speak

chev2jr1.jpg

The Chevrolet truck that was far too high from the ground and looked faintly ridiculous  has now been treated to a new chassis. It is a cheap Bachmann HO scale Brill Trolley and fits perfectly with little modification. It has a tiny can motor attached to a very heavy gearbox casting on one bogie, and the other bogie just has pick ups. Like my little Barclay it runs very well indeed, almost as well as the Athearn it replaced. I?m hoping the motorised trucks will provide a bit of interest to the non railway orientated visitors.

Your enthusiasm for Two Sister?s farm has prompted me to do a few ?what if pictures? if you know what I mean. In reality the last narrow gauge  farm railway stopped working in 1969 but what if it hadn?t, what sort of tractors would have been used on the farm after that time?

I can?t come right up to date as I don?t have any really modern tractors but I can come a bit nearer the present time. The most noticeable thing is the increase in physical size, they are all too wide to fit on the bridge. The first tractor is an Mb trac 800.

I imagine modern tractors would be even larger.

mbtrac1jx4.jpg

mbtrac2md4.jpg

mbtrac3xu0.jpg

The next more modern tractor is the Renault 145-14, are there any fans of things French out there?  Note the fencing on the bridge, very fiddly to do even with a jig, needs some more long grass planting around the posts. The Opel rail truck has just rolled into the yard.

renault14514dd6.jpg

renault145141ds2.jpg

The last pictures of an MF 2680 I suspect will prove to be the most popular. It has been stored in a box in my loft with the other two tractors for some years now. The wheel rims are showing signs of distress. The Chevy rail truck in the background is setting off for the fields with some fuel.

The next picture a birds eye view showing the Davenport leaving with planked wagon and a v side tipper, and the MF resting between jobs.

mf26804qn7.jpg

mf26801ed3.jpg

A couple more pictures of the MF showing the wheel rims on the off side are more damaged than the near side. I wonder if the extremes of temperature found in lofts is to blame.

The wire I used for the fence is thin copper, the sort that is used in electric motor armatures. I was given it many years ago. I think any thin wire would do, probably stronger than thread.

mf26802ll2.jpg

mf26803yk7.jpg

A couple of pictures showing a little progress in the yard. I have treated my self to three V side tippers, probably better for the waste from the cow sheds. I imagine if you used the wooden tippers by the time you got to the fields there would be little left!

Now I must make some 1/32 scale cow pats???

yard1dm5.jpg

yard2ng9.jpg

I actually smile when I see your layout, it is a real joy to look at all the photos and see the bits and pieces parked up, stacked up, changing around. . .. all the detail adds up to a real lifelike experience down at Crossover Farm. Gav should like the Renault I would have thought  ;)

Archived