MF3650 datatronic SEMI SCRATCHBUILD FINISHED

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to make the model on a RENAULT ares from UH

this evening i worked on the model and this is how far i came!

Cut of the iron tank and another peese that was stukking out the chassis.

Made a plastic plate in the hole and made the cab platform fit on the chassis.

post-1178-132638652322_thumb.jpg

post-1178-132638652326_thumb.jpg

Hey 1HP i draw them indeed at free hand!

but when i got the shape i take a straight peace and i make the ruffley lines straight on paper.

take ciscer and cut the shape out from the paper.

then i draw the lines around the shaped paper on plastic plate.

Take a knife and cut it out the plastic plate!

So the lines must be straight i supose :-\

( it was verry dificult to explain for me because some english words for things i don't now sometime!)

Hope you now how i do it ???;)

Makes perfect sense to me :)

You have a good eye for proportion using that method, something I do because I'm lazy with other parts is place a 1/32 version on a computer scanner, scan that in and then print that out as a template :D It may work for the sides of the cab ???:-\

wel the thing is that i look at a picture and begin whit rufley lines on paper.

Then i make the cab side like i think it is perfect!

Till now it worked verry good for me!

But there is one thing you should Know!

I am a carpenter and work at the construction site making 5 strore buildings!

So most people know the line: a carpenters eye! ;)

The tip you gave can work but not for me because i am not satisfyd soon! ;);D

It's looking a little high to me, johny ???, I had a look for a photograph to check;

http://www.cervettigroup.com/catalogo/foto/USATE_MACCHINE_AGRICOLE/118.jpg

I think if the cab and bonnet were lowered a fair bit, you'd have the makings of a excellent model :)

that was what i was thinking to mate

Now it looks more like a 3650!!

The thing is i want to try to lower the bonnet and the cab :-\ but its not going to be easy!

the top of the bonnet looks to big to me height wise, not the cabs position, what about triming the height of the bonnet, the lower half looks right, the upper seems to tall, if that makes sence

i understand tractorman

i am going to try to chainge that bonnet or make me a new one!

Maybe i buy another Ares and keep the bonnet like it now is and also make a 3650   ;D

heres the one i am part way into, havn't really done anything on it for agood  few weeks now, as you can see bonnet needs extending and front grill made,the arches are in the right position though, just temp glued on for positioning work but the bonnet to me seems to be the right height side on?? hope it helps, also you can judge how much glass there is on the front screen to, i think because your bonnet is a little to "high" for a better word, the front of the cab looks a little out, so making it appear to small

3125.jpg

heres the one i am part way into, havn't really done anything on it for agood  few weeks now, as you can see bonnet needs extending and front grill made,the arches are in the right position though, just temp glued on for positioning work but the bonnet to me seems to be the right height side on?? hope it helps, also you can judge how much glass there is on the front screen to, i think because your bonnet is a little to "high" for a better word, the front of the cab looks a little out, so making it appear to small

3125.jpg

i know what you mean sean

but there is one thing about my convo and youre convo

Here is the thing i making mine on a ares chassis and you are making youre's on a celtis chassis!

Don't mean to be rude or saying that youre convo is not good

i think that i better can make my convo a 3650!

And try to make the 3125 another time on a celtis chassis!(if you know what i mean ??? )

yeah know what you mean mate, no point wasting all the good work you have done is there, only went for the celtis  chassis this end as i wanted a smaller 3100 series to pair up with my 3070's and 3690, a nice mid ranger so to speak

what type is it going to be sean ???

If i am corectly the 3125 is not much longer then a 3080/3090/3085/3095

I think i choose for the same chassis as you if i make the 3125!