1. 1. Which One??

• Grey Fergie
    • MF35

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say it was more electrical Kev... seems to have a weak spark to me  :-\

Well that is a very very easy one to test. With the tractor running in turn take a hold of the end of each HT leads in turn see if you get a shock!!!!!!.

Seriously though do it on each cylinder with a large insulated screwdriver and see if any cylinder dies or not and you should be able to locate a fault in any one plug or cylinder.

Out of interest whilst coughhing and splutter is it still running on all 4 cylinders or not?

When he was here he wanted to split her in half to grease the clutch!!! I trust him though!!

I'm no expert on Fergie's but splitting to grease the clutch bearing sounds a bit harsh to me. Certainly on all of my Farmall's there is an inspection hole in the bell housing to enable access to the grease nipple.

:D :D :D - I said we'd renew the clutch at the same time... not just grease it.. she seems to have a "sticky thrust bearing"  :-\

Kev... she was missing on one cylinder for sure... pretty sure it was the same one - as soon as you applied any load - which indicates a weak spark normally in my book  :-\

When he was here he wanted to split her in half to grease the clutch!!! I trust him though!!

do you think he was one of these kids who used to take things apart to see how they worked, then pushed it all under the bed when it wouldnt go back together again?? :D :D :D :D :D

mind you he knows his stuff, so look at the leccys first, 

:D :D :D - I said we'd renew the clutch at the same time... not just grease it.. she seems to have a "sticky thrust bearing"  :-\

Kev... she was missing on one cylinder for sure... pretty sure it was the same one - as soon as you applied any load - which indicates a weak spark normally in my book  :-\

I could have gone off at a tangent on this one reading the clutch was needing greasing. More likely to be oil leaking from the gearbox on to the clutch plate. I had this problem on a TEF 20 I once had but was easily cured with a seal from gear box and a replacement clutch plate.

It just wasn't clearing Bill... I reckon the plate was sticking on the gearbox input shart  ??? - it was nothing major thats for sure.. plent of wear left I think... and dryish underneath  :-\

Just needing a good days hard graft then. Time for Kev to get a plough and get ploughing I think!!!!!

Just needing a good days hard graft then. Time for Kev to get a plough and get ploughing I think!!!!!

Yes please! The last time I used her the clutch didn't catch at all!! Typical woman - shows off when you have guests! :D :D

Yes indeed.... I will be willing to give lessons if anyone is interested  ;D

Hey... you wanna see my trailer reversing as well -  ;)

Marky,

Is that with a fixed drawbar and a 2 wheeled cart or a 4 wheeler steering on the front drawbar?????

Filled her up with petrol this afternoon and she was running really well. Then I smelt petrol!!!!!  :( :( :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-\

DSCN41122007-12-30.jpg

It is absolutely peeing out on this fixing bolt. I can only assume that the tank is leaking!!! As it is split into two tanks I need to find out which one has the problem. I will have to drain them off and see. If one of the tanks is sound I can at least still run her.

There is another twin tank in the barn, which must belong to Penny. I wonder if this one is sound. I suppose I will have to block off the tap holes in some way and fill it up to test it.

Any ideas!

Filled her up with petrol this afternoon and she was running really well. Then I smelt petrol!!!!!  :( :( :'( :'( :'( :-\ :-\

DSCN41122007-12-30.jpg

It is absolutely peeing out on this fixing bolt. I can only assume that the tank is leaking!!! As it is split into two tanks I need to find out which one has the problem. I will have to drain them off and see. If one of the tanks is sound I can at least still run her.

There is another twin tank in the barn, which must belong to Penny. I wonder if this one is sound. I suppose I will have to block off the tap holes in some way and fill it up to test it.

Any ideas!

yes , don't light a match  :D :D :D :D