BGU now owns a Tractor!!

BGU

Which One??  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which One??

• Grey Fergie
    • MF35

Probably going to get slated here, but I don't remember any TEs and 35s with PUHs most used the 9 hole bar or swinging drawbar. Mainly because the pivot was too far forward and the implement would foul the tyres. This was worse with stuff like discs which had stays from the drawbar to the outside of the machine.  :)

Thats make sense John.... Not good for turning... but ok in a straight line  :D :D

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our old fergie had  what I assume was later 35  fixings to make a drop hitch. I`d be surprised if there arent bits floating around  the barn Kev , We even turned up that  wheel jack thingy for the grey fergie on one root around in an old shed here a few yrs ago.When your family has been somewhere since 1882  there tends to be plenty of old things lying around  ;).We have a 732 drill too it was last used in 1982...........sad its sittin outside, dad wont part with it either , even to a good home. We have one of the old style 30cwt tipping trailers thats almost rusted away.It sits in a field with a water tank on it . A guy from shropshire saw it on one of his reg trips up our way looking for old kit and offered 500 quid cash , which dad rejected , I`d have bitten his hand off !

At this point in time I have no desire to restore and renovate the old stuff thats been here.maybe that`ll happen one day. prob once it`s pretty much beyond saving or repair. :(

• 4 weeks later...

did you get the bits we found then kev?? or was the boss not impressed

I could have bought them - had permission. But I had just joined the Friends of Ferguson Heritage and I want to keep some dosh to get Penny on the road - Insurance ?50! :D :D

I am also hoping to find some in the barn or at least negotiate a loan!!

• 4 weeks later...

V5 arrived today.

So I've just bought some 1960's plates off eBay!! ;D ;D

Try and get her insured and taxed in the next week!

i got my V5 in November......ooooh you mean the reg doc thingy! :D :D ::)

all full steam now Kev!.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Insured her today - Fully Comp NFU - ?40:39! :D

Tax Nil! ;D

Number Plate arrived - and they've got the number wrong! :( New one on the way.

Just need to find time for the first road trip! :D :D

Insured her today - Fully Comp NFU - ?40:39! :D

Tax Nil! ;D

Number Plate arrived - and they've got the number wrong! :( New one on the way.

Just need to find time for the first road trip! :D :D

Now no speeding mind... ;D

• 2 weeks later...

OK here goes. Take MGU to school, fit the plate and tax. Then the open road.

Pictures to follow. If I break down it may be some time!!!

Also a new bit of hitch has been found in the barn for me! :o;D:D;):-\

Well we made it!! Got off to a bad start!! Had top bodge the number plate fitting. Could only get the bolt through one side! :-[

DSCN43732008-03-18DSCN4373.jpg

DSCN43722008-03-18DSCN4372.jpg

Taxed! :D :D

DSCN43702008-03-18DSCN4370.jpg

The new seat cushion! Wow! :o Sooooooooooooo comfy and warm too!! Does my piles the world of good! :D :D

DSCN43712008-03-18DSCN4371.jpg

Pictured on my driveway - some 22 minutes travelling from the farm - Will check the mileage!!

DSCN43682008-03-18DSCN4368.jpg

DSCN43692008-03-18DSCN4369.jpg

And the new hitch - Don't know what they are called but looks good!

DSCN43742008-03-18DSCN4374.jpg

Oh yes forgot to mention the man in the BMW!! :D :D

Just pulling out of the farm onto a main A road when she decided to stall!! Into neutral start her up back into high and reverse and off the road, but not before some bloke who was at least half a mile away in his beemer was flashing his lights and honking his horn. Not the best of starts!! :D :D

Still it could have been a decent car then it would have been embarrassing! :D;)