BGU

Which One??  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which One??

• Grey Fergie
    • MF35

how excited did he get then????

Not very!!

Having problems loading the video to Photobucket so pictures first.

1 Gallon of unleaded and a newly charged battery later....

She fired second time. Tried lifting the hydraulics to raise the borer - no problem! Into High range, Into reverse, let the clutch out slowly.....

And we're off. ;D ;D

Outside!

DSCN37462007-10-12.jpg

DSCN37472007-10-12.jpg

DSCN37482007-10-12.jpg

DSCN37542007-10-12.jpg

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCN37602007-10-12.jpg

Managed to work this out!!

She ran well, I think (Well Marky does really) that she needs a clean up of points and plugs, as she dies sometimes when you go to pull away or accelerate!

Frightened me to death once!! Turning at the end of the lane and she stopped. Tried to start her -nothing!! 1/2 a mile from the barn, spare battery etc, totally blocking the lane!!! Luckily remembered that she has to be in neutral to start!! :-[:-[ :-[

Then home for a well deserved cuppa!

DSCN37632007-10-12.jpg

Will try and sort the video's out....

:D :D Brilliant Kev... I've got no sound at work... so I'll take a peek again at home... but great vid... keep em coming mate..

See how hard it is to keep straight when you look behind... thats why I am Mr Banana Furrow...  :-[:D :D

I guess it comes naturally in the end...  :-\

:D :D Brilliant Kev... I've got no sound at work... so I'll take a peek again at home... but great vid... keep em coming mate..

See how hard it is to keep straight when you look behind... thats why I am Mr Banana Furrow...  :-[:D :D

I guess it comes naturally in the end...  :-\

Uhm there's no sound anyway! ::)

you have to restor her kev, for a tractor that age shes in great condition, the effort will be well worth it

no no no kev , dont restore her ,, when you've found a tractor that age in original condition , it would be a crime to start messing about with it, if it was beat all to peices fair enough , but as she is ? i'd leave her well alone , when the day comes to sell her on , you'll be quids in  ;)

give it a very light rub down & get some polish on it , you may be polishin surface rust but it'll help  ;)

no no no kev , dont restore her ,, when you've found a tractor that age in original condition , it would be a crime to start messing about with it, if it was beat all to peices fair enough , but as she is ? i'd leave her well alone , when the day comes to sell her on , you'll be quids in  ;)

give it a very light rub down & get some polish on it , you may be polishin surface rust but it'll help  ;)

Would save me money!! I want to use her anyway so she will never be in display condition.

Questions about the gauges...

The oil pressure was in high when I first started up, but then it dropped into normal on the high side and low when on tick over. Is that OK?

She smelt very very hot but the temperature gauge was reading normal - towards the high end. I wondered if the smell was because the silencer is loose- off!

Would save me money!! I want to use her anyway so she will never be in display condition.

Questions about the gauges...

The oil pressure was in high when I first started up, but then it dropped into normal on the high side and low when on tick over. Is that OK?

She smelt very very hot but the temperature gauge was reading normal - towards the high end. I wondered if the smell was because the silencer is loose- off!

oil pressure gauge is fine although , a new oil filter & oil change probably wouldn't go amis  :)

i dare say that the heat of the engine was burning the dust off, giving the 'hot' smell

Kev... I've told you wrong ref the quadrant settings mate... I'll give you a ring sometime... but you can't achieve constant pumping without "restricting" the lift arms... usually with the autohitch I believe... also... draft and position work a little differently to the manual example I gave you..  :-[

I had a course on Saturday - so I THINK I now know how it all functions... it was the 100 series onwards that works like my user manual for fanny  :-[

Nar... can;t be surely... awww come on ref.... no way.... you wouldn't would you...  :'( :-[

At least I came clean when I found out... could should have PM'd him I guess  :'(

yeah i dont think at this time we need to post it up!, he did admit his mistake! :) :)

I need to find out where the shield is that is used to help warm up the engine for the TVO? I intend running it on petrol so according to the Friends of Fergusson Heritage it should be taken off.

Also apparently you need a licence to mix TVO - heating oil and petrol!! This is free if you are a FOFH member (?18 per year) They will also help you register your tractor for free if you are member!!