What really PLEASED you?

Good news Sean, he'll do even better now he is home in familiar surroundings no doubt. Pop had a bad one in the late 80's and now he himself is in his late 80's. He is s low old chap and suffers alot more from illness than just the stroke and complications since but he is still here  :)

I have an idea, albeit a humorous one. ..  What's he like at typing? If you talk and he types maybe you'll both do well?!!  ;):D :D

might try that, apparently hes got a speach and writing therapist coming round for that anyways, prehaps i should go for a few lessons??

well for me today, the mighty liverpool doing chelsea 1 nil at stamford bridge no less, stick that in your pipe and smoke it ambramovich :D :D :D :D

thanks Bill, it say's I'm running at 100.0MBPS now, what ever that means :-\

Oh that far too technical for me Mark... when I have problems I phone our IT department and say I know nothing about PC's I just drive it and we pay you lot to fix them ;D ;D

yeah i know the icon, i'm sure thats not your internet speed :-\ as i have two on mine, one at 100 and the other at 400, at work its 1.0Gbps!!!....and i know my internet was downgraded to the 10meg line at home ;) ;) ;)

sure the IT boths will enlighten us...... :-\ :-\ :-\

Try going on network connections and double clicking the connection your using. Then it should say the speed.

Mine says the same as 4055 power, 1000 mbps in the little box in the corner of the screen and on the network connections box  :-\ :-\ but that broadband speed checker says the download speed is 960 kbps.....

Mine says the same as 4055 power, 1000 mbps in the little box in the corner of the screen and on the network connections box   :-\ :-\ but that broadband speed checker says the download speed is 960 kbps.....

Thats the LAN speed (or local area network)... that's the connection from your PC to the router I believe... ie... a 1gb network - mine at work is a 100mb network (er... I think).... the outgoing/incoming connection to the outside world is something different (ie. the broadbean speed)  :)