What really PLEASED you?

great news sue, all done and dusted before toytrac and alikes to eh

Just about!  I have been to hell and back doing battle with the devil herself - believe me it is true; Satan is definitely female.  Hopefully I will make Toytrac in a calm and relaxed manner!

• Like 1

I shall be moving in on 20th September.  Party can start on 21st as I shall have a lot of unpacking and furniture shuffling so all hands are welcome!

Dogs are being looked after by their original owner at the racing kennels until I can get the garden dog-proofed.  That may be a quick and dirty temporary run of stock fence until I can get a proper job done.  I am planning to get a quote for what I need and hopefully get a date booked for the job before I move.  I have six weeks to sort something out.

• Like 1

Great news, Sue. Excellent.

Bit of a role reversal going on I feel. . . Ours buyers have now realised, eleven or so weeks on that they can't get a mortgage! They have until Wed to sort themselves out and then our house is back on the market. What a total, utter waste of everybody's time, eh?!

• Like 1

Well, not really no. It's bloody stupid if you ask me. The trouble is this time around is that she has 'exaggerated' her earnings to please her bank apparently but the mortgage underwriters have seen through it and refused her forecast so she has until Wednesday now to either find the difference as a lump sum to pay as a deposit on her new mortgage, or rework her books to generate the money needed over the life term of the mortgage. .

It's all fun, eh?!! ::):huh:

Oh Tris, you have my sympathy - in the true sense of the word having been through the mill too.  The same thing happened to friends of mine.  3 months after agreeing the sale their buyer could not get a mortgage either.  IWhen I first bought a house I sorted out mortgage options before I ever went house-hunting so I knew what I had to find before making any offers. 

The sign outside my house has been yo-yoing from Sold to For Sale and back again for 8 months! Hopefully that will not happen to you.  Fingers crossed that she will raise the necessary funds

Across the life of a mortgage, she isn't short by much but as she is self employed and doing a buy to let on her own house, I suppose its the risk she poses. If she can either find it as a deposit or re-work her books to free up the money then the ball should still roll. We have spoken to the people we are buying from and they are in no hurry but we may consider offering them an incentive to keep tge sold sign up if our case doesn't go the way we want to!

Congratulations mate. We'll have to catch up over harvest very soon. :)

Thanks David, we will just have to get harvest kicked off first.

nice one pat, when do you start at harper then??

Cheers Sean, start at the last week of september, so we might get harvest and cultivations done with before I go.

I'll be quizzing you as to what you think of Harper Adams as I wouldn't mind going there in a few years. What course are you studying?

Going to do Bsc Agriculture with animal science as I prefer to work in the livestock side of farming.

If you've got any questions feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help

Its raining!!! After battling to get the plough to stay in the ground over the past week and when it does heating the wearing metal up enough to fry an egg on it we were desperate to have some meaningful rainfall!