Two Oaks Farm. Home of JAG Contractors

Jez

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

enough shed building  :D :D :D get the silage done so we can all drule over your pics  :D :D only joking mate keep the shed building up making fine progress ;):)

Patience Muzza, patience

Looking good Jez, very nice build looking forward to seeing the complete finish. I often thought about doing something with the Britains Atcost shed, now I think I just might.

Thanks Garret, any more shipping you need?  :D :D

Right, I had a few minute tonight so I thought I would draw a rough idea of what Two Oaks will look like one day or possibly if I can get it to a show.

Hopefully the drawing makes sense.

Ideally I would like a farm house and an old style brick building like the one in model tractor magazine last month from George Poole.

The drier would take a lot of time and money so won't be built for a while. The second cattle building would be one with a centre feed passage and a few pens either side for finnishing the cattle.

post-705-132638788524_thumb.jpg

come on Jez, get started!!! ;D ;D ;D

.....mines just gonna consist of one, maybe 3 sheds!!, keep it small, keep it real!!.....of course it wont, it will no doubt never happen, but you gotta have dreams!

Looking good Jez, very nice build looking forward to seeing the complete finish. I often thought about doing something with the Britains Atcost shed, now I think I just might.

well done jez all looks well when it's all together  :)

i think we've all had ideas about the britains shed garret, even Warner Hall, the chap who designed them said he had bigger ideas for them, he wanted them modular , so that different variations of the farm shed could be made or extended, with various attatchments, such as doors & windows ,  unfortunately britains thought it was good enough as it was & didnt persue the idea any further :(

A few updates on the cattle shed.

As you can see I have got the wall in at the back of the shed and some supporting uprights.

A bit of foliage and grass to add a bit of realism.

I have also got the doors fitted at the end of the feed passage way. They both open and have latches.

Enjoy!!

:) :)

CatleShed042.jpg

CatleShed060.jpg

CatleShed034.jpg

CatleShed043.jpg

A few more:

I have also got the water trough plumbed in but the cattle are out at the moment.

CatleShed045.jpg

CatleShed046.jpg

CatleShed047.jpg

CatleShed058.jpg

CatleShed059.jpg

The last things to do are to finnish the last door on the other side and also make up some more feed barriers to go along the front.

I am hoping to put up some yorkshire boarding along the back and side but will wait till i go to the golden arches and borrow get some supplies.

Thanks guys.

I have used the a sheet of scanned wall mate, I doubled up the ones that come with it to look better then I stuck the back wall to a bit of wood.

Yes, silage comp pics tommorrow I hope.....

very very nice jez, i would need to start doing bit of detailing like you have  :) tell me as your sheds are all built on boards are they all the same size like 2ft by 2ft or are they just similar sizr to the shed you put on the board  ???

very very nice jez, i would need to start doing bit of detailing like you have  :) tell me as your sheds are all built on boards are they all the same size like 2ft by 2ft or are they just similar sizr to the shed you put on the board  ???

No Chris, i kn=inda use what ever i have then build to suit to be honest.

The others are the same size as the board though and this one has a bit of yard infront.

Thanks mate, I have just been doing a bit more.

Tell me CJ, do you have to have somewhere to collect the effluent from the sialge clamp? I know you know your cattle  ;)

Jez that is an excellent improvement of the britains building, great stuff can't wait to see it with the cattle in and the straw on the floor, it will look fantastic.

Thanks Garret, It looks totally different with a bit of foliage and grass.

No Chris, i kn=inda use what ever i have then build to suit to be honest.

The others are the same size as the board though and this one has a bit of yard infront.

Thanks mate, I have just been doing a bit more.

Tell me CJ, do you have to have somewhere to collect the effluent from the sialge clamp? I know you know your cattle  ;)

Thanks Garret, It looks totally different with a bit of foliage and grass.

well at home here the two clamps are opposite our cattle shed which has a tank underneath and the effluent runs from the pit into a pipe under the concrete and into the tank under the shed but we try to get as little effluent as possable now adays  :)