Whats on your workbench???

any pictures chris?

I'll try to take a few tomorrow Paul when I've finished work and there is more light available. Thanks for the interest, it's my first real "scenery" conversion since pi$$ing about with Games Workshop terrain some 15 years ago!

yes mate ,itsa resin chassis ,just awaiting some decal news pete on the model number , but it will be a 3140 more than likely, also got a 4240s to do, and a third i fancy doing, just not decided on that, also pondering a 4th, as i have a twisted ertl chassis i can cut down for parts along with some other scrap jd parts, just need to get my head round that one, as i may?? cast the parts for it would be a good use of a comon scrap chassis if it works

ye was wondering if it would be worth getting my 2140 cast as it would safe me loads of work as i want to do a couple more. as it takes a bit of work to get the right height. i have a 4240 to do as well bought it from henri about 3 years at zowell.

just had my decal arrive today and fitted it to my 3050. he also made me some headboard signs which i fitted tonight. are those wheels from pma any good.

got the third side built and fitted today, just the arms for the lights on the back, and the shoe up front to make and its away to the paint box, and i managed to find the last of my old marston waterslide decals today to while hunting in the shed

P1040835.jpg

P1040836.jpg

P1040837.jpg

Cheers guys , I do indeed us them pick up tools that jack mentioned , have done for a while now if you find the right ones they go pretty small diameters , as my mf80 loader uses them . Pete I did thunk about making this a Fraser but the side panels are wrong shape/ profile wise sadly . Next up with luck will be m first all brass trailer in-between other stuff

ah not on this one mate, next baby will have that on, and may possibly depending on how i get on with brass, multiply for a few sales??? who knows?? :-X :-X :-X but it will drop side ect as usual ,no point doing them if they dont work is there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well 2 uh 2640's came home from zwolle, and ones already being sorted, as mentioned by others some feel the wheels on the new models a bit to small, rear end especially, a quick look at zwole, and 2 purchases from mini toys later ,this morning i tinkered with this,

how shes arrived

002-45.jpg

003-47.jpg

and what shes sporting now, have not raised the tractors height with way over the top wheels , so the stance looks right to me, the fronts will be looked at to, but right now i do not have the right tyres to fit the current hub ,as thats right in all pics i have seen, the tyres are just to narrow now to match the new rears

011-15.jpg

008-13.jpg

these are not in final position yet, as they are to wide i feel ,and yes i know the hub centers not 100% correct, this will be corrected with the second set of spare hubs i have, this is pretty much a test bed right now

012-13.jpg

new tyres are arround 50% wider if that

009-17.jpg

• Like 1