Whats on your workbench???

Trailer looks blood smart, Cerin. really.nicely finished. Have you used scaled 22.5" wheels on it?

Thanks Tris!

Well i never measured the real ones so wasnt sure what size they were i just found some that were pretty close compaired to the Mans wheels, there 26.5/27mm and have 10 studs like the real ones and look pretty spot on if that helps

The only thing is, strictly speaking, they are too big for a 'proper' stepframe. They are normally shod on smaller wheels and tyres to give a lower ride height. I'm not saying you wouldn't see any on 22.5 wheels because you do. Howards one was (it was a pain!) but it's. Probably why the ramps look steep and the step in the bed isn't all that big. However... It doesn't detract from your work. It looks as I said, bloody smart!

The only thing is, strictly speaking, they are too big for a 'proper' stepframe. They are normally shod on smaller wheels and tyres to give a lower ride height. I'm not saying you wouldn't see any on 22.5 wheels because you do. Howards one was (it was a pain!) but it's. Probably why the ramps look steep and the step in the bed isn't all that big. However... It doesn't detract from your work. It looks as I said, bloody smart!

Yeah i think they are slightly on the large side but the best i could find in 1/32, would be top job if you could get 1/32 air suspension to lower the rear aswell  :laugh:  One of the lorry drivers at work does say that it would be better if the real one was on smaller wheels, but i couldnt tell you what size they were anyway haha!

Loving the truck Cerin, don't think the wheels are a major problem. After all I bet she can still fit under any real bridge even with an Xerion on the back.
On mine is a little Mini Truck to have a tipper back put on for use in my wood yard making deliveries
DSCN0299_zpsfdf8e119.jpg
DSCN0300_zps7c1f28c9.jpg

• Like 2

Well after not doing any building for the last six months or more,I finally took this Pistenbully apart and did a little work on it,nowhere near finished,but looking more like how I want it,

Pistenbully004re_zpsf264d0cb.jpg

Pistenbully006re_zps8a94ebdb.jpg

Pistenbully005re_zpsdc3c8bbb.jpg

Pistenbully007re_zps0df1b5d5.jpg

Pistenbully008re_zps8eacc733.jpg

Regards

Joe.

• Like 5

Is there plans a foot for a Pistenbully buckrake Joe?? ::) or are you developing something with low ground pressure in mind ?? ::);)

Not a buck rake as such Paul,more of a silage pusher / leveller , it was in a Farmers Weekly link on here a while back,there are various kinds out there,quite a few on youtube,I think I'll put the Siku Holaras blade on the front of mine,I have the Bevro blade but I reckon the Siku will work better,??,heres a link to the F W I video,http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/08/07/2013/139931/pistenbully-makes-light-work-of-silage.htm

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

Not a buck rake as such Paul,more of a silage pusher / leveller , it was in a Farmers Weekly link on here a while back,there are various kinds out there,quite a few on youtube,I think I'll put the Siku Holaras blade on the front of mine,I have the Bevro blade but I reckon the Siku will work better,??,heres a link to the F W I video,http://www.fwi.co.uk/articles/08/07/2013/139931/pistenbully-makes-light-work-of-silage.htm

Regards

Joe.

That be a canny plan you've got there Joe 8) look forward to seeing it ;)..... Lanark maybe??? ::)

That be a canny plan you've got there Joe 8) look forward to seeing it ;)..... Lanark maybe??? ::)

I would like to think Lanark Paul,but I've never really done a dio before,well not as big and complex as I would need to pull this off,the kind of thing I mean is all mud and water with maize stubble and big maize clamps,watch this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ5nTPJnaUo you get the idea,tricky, :of:-;)

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

I would like to think Lanark Paul,but I've never really done a dio before,well not as big and complex as I would need to pull this off,the kind of thing I mean is all mud and water with maize stubble and big maize clamps,watch this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ5nTPJnaUo you get the idea,tricky, :of:-;)

Regards

Joe.

Hell that would make one hell of a dio, Joe 8) and something never or rarely seen done over here..... but as you say it be a tricky one and time consuming to do, 10/10 for thinking outside the box and thinking something different :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

doing a over haul of my nh cr 980 britains combine.i have ordered a uh cr 9090 header from universmini,arrived in three days from france.next is to change decals cr 9080. then change front wheels maybe tracks.post pics when done.also done a scratch built header trailer.

doing a over haul of my nh cr 980 britains combine.i have ordered a uh cr 9090 header from universmini,arrived in three days from france.next is to change decals cr 9080. then change front wheels maybe tracks.post pics when done.also done a scratch built header trailer.

i will be looking forward to that Andy