Whats on your workbench???

You could score the lines  into the cast then mask and paint nigel ?? I would try that first, if you score then the masking tape will run i to it better , try it white first then tape it up for the red, i suspect cutting the panels out  will be more work than its worth, should have got it cast in parts initally maybe?? But to be honest masking should work 

been out tinkering today,back to the claas baler, after a lot of pondering,and 3 holes in my fingers (1 may have hit the bone i think its that deep after i removed the broken end with tweezers ) from 1mm drill bits slipping ,along with 8/9 busted i now have a proper multi pivot pto shaft, not fixed in just yet but it swings the full travel width of the tow arms swing,ie transport to working position, along with dropping to the floor in either position,well until i make the cradle on the tow arm for it ,and it also has a second cv joint on the tractor end as per the real deal,whilst also still having about 3/4 of a cm of length travel for different tractors. i now need to make the cv joint cone guards without fouling the movement of them,down side at the mo i cant paint the inner arm yellow as its going to stop lateral movement,and no pics just yet 

• Like 3

Would also appreciate opinions/suggestions on this drystone walling. Hasn't had paint on it yet, only a black undercoat. Realised I couldn't get a good effect for the top stones using the Bromley realistic brick compound so some more googling presented this method. Will do a step by step when the diorama I'm doing is alittle further along.

IMG_20170902_141348.thumb.jpg.05e7f61bd662b0a9336025e7269bd91e.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Would also appreciate opinions/suggestions on this drystone walling. Hasn't had paint on it yet, only a black undercoat. Realised I couldn't get a good effect for the top stones using the Bromley realistic brick compound so some more googling presented this method. Will do a step by step when the diorama I'm doing is alittle further along.

IMG_20170902_141348.thumb.jpg.05e7f61bd662b0a9336025e7269bd91e.jpg

looks good, are you intending to do longer sections without posts are either end?

• Like 1

Just a few of the last scratch built parts (claas combine)which l am leaving to fully harden after several coats (although annoyingly l had just finished the unloading auger with a nice final wet coat, and l dropped it, so had to strip it back down to the brass tubing!!). Hope to get all the parts assembled next week.

DSC_0167.JPG

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, JEP said:

Just a few of the last scratch built parts (claas combine)which l am leaving to fully harden after several coats (although annoyingly l had just finished the unloading auger with a nice final wet coat, and l dropped it, so had to strip it back down to the brass tubing!!). Hope to get all the parts assembled next week.

DSC_0167.JPG

Hope we see this finished john, it looks great. 

47 minutes ago, alf aphid said:

What's the plan here then! 

Well there all having little details painted, daft beacon removed,

one 3050/3350/3650 are remaining standard,

one 3650 is gonna have a loader, another a front linkage

a 3050 is a surprise conversion (although there is one person on here who knows my intentions :D

then finally a 3350 is gonna have a wide step conversion

• Like 3

12 hours ago, FendtFarmer said:

Well there all having little details painted, daft beacon removed,

one 3050/3350/3650 are remaining standard,

one 3650 is gonna have a loader, another a front linkage

a 3050 is a surprise conversion (although there is one person on here who knows my intentions :D

then finally a 3350 is gonna have a wide step conversion

Must admit should have removed the beacons from mine, was probably just nervous that my butchery would look worse! Look forwards to progress ......