Whats on your workbench???

1 minute ago, Ferret90 said:

Looking good Brian, love the colour :) 

Thank you :) used Ford Maritime Blue from Halfords and looks the part after fitting the decals on :)

It is a what if based on the defunct Dunkerleys transport scheme applied to a TGX to mimic the F90 livery :) 

23777664689_99246d0f01_b.jpg

Dunkerly TGX 2.JPG

• Like 3

That is really an awesome model. A lot of detail. Once again, I must say I have never seen many of the kits you show there, here in a hobby shop. I suppose I could order one from the internet but to tell you the truth, I have built more than I can rememberer, ships and planes, but never a truck or a tractor. When I spray the hull of a ship I use those small spray cans of modeling paint. Now I mostly just buy a diecast model. Not too interested in the glue and the paint anymore after building them for about 64 years. But I surely enjoy looking at your tractor and truck models here. I have about three ships still around the house collecting dust that I have built. I have either thrown out or given away countless ones. 

Edited by Dusty Dan
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dusty Dan said:

That is really an awesome model. A lot of detail. Once again, I must say I have never seen many of the kits you show there, here in a hobby shop. I suppose I could order one from the internet but to tell you the truth, I have built more than I can rememberer, ships and planes, but never a truck or a tractor. When I spray the hull of a ship I use those small spray cans of modeling paint. Now I mostly just buy a diecast model. Not too interested in the glue and the paint anymore after building them for about 64 years. But I surely enjoy looking at your tractor and truck models here. I have about three ships still around the house collecting dust that I have built. I have either thrown out or given away countless ones. 

Thank you :)

its just a standard 1/14th Tamiya bolt together kit, with ball races, upgrade motor and MFC-03 European light and sound kit added

man tgx 26 1.JPG

man tgx 26 2.JPG

• Like 3

On 26 April 2019 at 11:27 PM, alf aphid said:

Still a little way to go .......

370D6994-BC71-429E-9417-3759A43E70E6.jpeg

CB799C4A-264B-4258-9157-3773D2DF48F2.jpeg

C787F027-C738-4F4E-8DD5-F992AC3115B1.jpeg

Coming along nicely Alastair, I really like the autodrome models, they are a nice model but with room for a little extra detail to make them your own. How did the quest for decals go? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mb86 said:

Been tinkering with weathering. I had a lot of help and advice from Paul (valley axe man) who has a 16th scale scammel lowloader and from Sam at Cheshire farm models who gave me good advice on the weathering. The nature of their job means even a brand new lowloader wouldn't stay clean for long so an old one would look knackered. Still a little bit of finishing of to do like pipes and a set of wheels so I can return these to the britains cattle and mixer lorry a that are currently sat on axle stands but think it looks ok for a first attempt. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

looks very well Martin, very realistic, what's going on her?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mb86 said:

Been tinkering with weathering. I had a lot of help and advice from Paul (valley axe man) who has a 16th scale scammel lowloader and from Sam at Cheshire farm models who gave me good advice on the weathering. The nature of their job means even a brand new lowloader wouldn't stay clean for long so an old one would look knackered. Still a little bit of finishing of to do like pipes and a set of wheels so I can return these to the britains cattle and mixer lorry a that are currently sat on axle stands but think it looks ok for a first attempt. 

That looks exellent Martin :) 

Edited by Ferret90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Anderson Agri said:

That trailer looks fantastic. Would you consider doing another?

Thanks zac. I'm afraid I struggle to find time for my own plans, I have a few things is like to build and convert for myself and they seem to forever be put on hold, I'd hate to let anyone down  

11 hours ago, mb86 said:

image.jpg

I think that looks superb!  I’ve never yet done weathering, it’s a whole alien world. I would like to have a go though. Some of the results are so realistic . Including this one, I’m more into the ageing - rust, oil and fading, the art of weathering is fine line between realism and a massive mess! I know which end id be !

9 hours ago, mb86 said:

Coming along nicely Alastair, I really like the autodrome models, they are a nice model but with room for a little extra detail to make them your own. How did the quest for decals go? 

I emailed them twice possibly three times, not even a reply to say out of production, it’s not that I’m not willing to pay - pretty poor customer relations! 

Edited by alf aphid

11 hours ago, alf aphid said:

I think that looks superb!  I’ve never yet done weathering, it’s a whole alien world. I would like to have a go though. Some of the results are so realistic . Including this one, I’m more into the ageing - rust, oil and fading, the art of weathering is fine line between realism and a massive mess! I know which end id be !

I emailed them twice possibly three times, not even a reply to say out of production, it’s not that I’m not willing to pay - pretty poor customer relations! 

Thank you. Yes I am a fan of the old and rusty kind of weathering too. I was worried id balls it up but the best advice I got was to apply a small amount at a time and layer it up, I didn't want it to look like it had been in the sea for 20 years, just well used. I'd like to have a go on a tractor next to look like one awaiting a restoration so will need to go into fading the paint and adding things like sooty engine oil. A bit more research is needed. 

Thats not good re the decals, they won't be easy to have made with needing to be printed white but I'm sure if you don't get sorted someone on here might know a solution. I know Henri walker can print white onto clear vinyl but the thickness of the decal would stand out like a sore thumb, not sure if he does waterslide  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Thank you. Yes I am a fan of the old and rusty kind of weathering too. I was worried id balls it up but the best advice I got was to apply a small amount at a time and layer it up, I didn't want it to look like it had been in the sea for 20 years, just well used. I'd like to have a go on a tractor next to look like one awaiting a restoration so will need to go into fading the paint and adding things like sooty engine oil. A bit more research is needed. 

Thats not good re the decals, they won't be easy to have made with needing to be printed white but I'm sure if you don't get sorted someone on here might know a solution. I know Henri walker can print white onto clear vinyl but the thickness of the decal would stand out like a sore thumb, not sure if he does waterslide  

Henri does do waterslide Martin.....trouble is it seems to be a six week plus waiting time at the moment..

• Thanks 1