Whats on your workbench???

On 12 May 2017 at 8:38 AM, mb86 said:

This is my attempt so far at the new holland **05 forager kit. It's going to be a 1905 when it's finished. I will be adding extra detail over the standard kit as I go. 

Where did you get the kit from Martin?

• 2 weeks later...

My cr 980 overhaul is finished. Recap..New bigger header, rear tyres changed every thing repainted decal change now CR9080. Rear camera ,tow hitch header trailer and number plate. Pictures. Enjoy. 

20170523_174732.jpg

20170523_174805.jpg

20170523_174820.jpg

20170523_174835.jpg

20170523_174904.jpg

20170523_175000.jpg

20170523_175056.jpg

20170523_175114.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MadMark said:

A little teaser of what I'm working on>:D

IMGP3197.thumb.JPG.27920e538c44ca4f0b1a2d16b52c1bca.JPG

Finishing off what remains of the biscuit tin by the looks of it..... Leave some for us:P

On a serious note that looks shorter than the average Deere... 1020 or similar?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

the damaged replicagri 8630 arrived today, was planning to convert it, but after 10 mins of work,a bit of steady plastiweld glue and a 2 hour setting time to be sure it set properly , its all back like new , and not a obvious mark on it , the joys of plastiweld. now unsure as to keep it standard or do the conversion i bought it for ??????? from this to this

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

• Like 2

there is, been pondering what to do with lots of bits i had left , mostly ebay scrap lots i got hold of, can see a few possable builds there, working on a parts list ready for zwolle so hopefully i can get them done. now the house is done i can get a bit of shed time , biggest jobs,finish the beet harvester and seeder/ hoe , and get the bale kit finished , ash tree needs some updates pics wise as its been a tad neglected the last year or so. 

• Like 3

well after a bit of pondering the 8630 is all back in its box and safely stored, repairs are not visable and are pretty strong ,and seeing as there doesnt seem to be many of these arround for sale now it seems a shame to convert it , will have to trycand locate a unboxed one at zwolle for the conversion i think 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

well after a bit of pondering the 8630 is all back in its box and safely stored, repairs are not visable and are pretty strong ,and seeing as there doesnt seem to be many of these arround for sale now it seems a shame to convert it , will have to trycand locate a unboxed one at zwolle for the conversion i think 

The one I have came with the tyres on the wrong way round and a couple of work lights missing but it was cheap so I'm not bothered by that.

23 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

the damaged replicagri 8630 arrived today, was planning to convert it, but after 10 mins of work,a bit of steady plastiweld glue and a 2 hour setting time to be sure it set properly , its all back like new , and not a obvious mark on it , the joys of plastiweld. now unsure as to keep it standard or do the conversion i bought it for ??????? from this to this

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

You beat me to it, ha ha I was bidding on that on eBay as well. Good to see it all fixed up like new. 

For a new diorama project I have planned I needed a new stencil to use with the Bromley Crafts realistic brick compound that was alittle less repetitive. A sheet of 190 micron Mylar and about 4 hours of cutting with an X-acto blade and a new stencil was born. Gave it a test and its come out as well as I'd hope. Stencil didn't stick to well to the card hence the blobbed up bricks but that shouldn't be an issue on the final material

IMG_20170710_231112.thumb.jpg.d09a2c29c184b13c5f9a548a8d49ec51.jpg

IMG_20170711_202003.thumb.jpg.1cb6a1b756f26af13c2e6ed8fa47898c.jpg

IMG_20170711_201935.thumb.jpg.77337495642a06ec6e7d93d3455af3b4.jpg

9 minutes ago, Stabliofarmer said:

Yes auite pleased with the variation of levels, should be able to even it out abit do its alittle less sharp on the next go. Its just the bricks where there should be a gap and the mix has got under the stencil thats alittle annoying

try fixing it with a spray of photo mount next time, on the back of the stencil,  not  the card, then roll it with a old rolling pin, the spray should hold it done, but not stick it down for life . if you spray the card you may get issues with paint not sticking or even the filler your using 

A repositionable adhesive spray is applied to the back of the stencil. Its just the roughness of the cardboard that's meant it hasn't stuck, the walls I have planned will be painted MDF which should be much better for the stencil to adhere to and thus stop the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Having everything working as it should is great but sometimes you have to compromise the looks or detail to achieve that, it depends on what you want from the model of course. However you do it I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. 

• Like 1