Whats on your workbench???

Thought I'd show you what's on my workbench at the moment ,,,,,, actually it's mums kitchen table but as she is bed bound and I'm her carer the conversion of kitchen table to  store of EOL drugs  and various bits of brass and stuff doesnt really matters

So as I've said elsewhere on the forum I fancied scratch building a set of 12.3 M set of Dalbo Cambridge rolls , the frame to be made in brass 

The main frame which holds the centre roll of 5 is also a integral part of the machine which the next 2 gangs are attached to as well as drawbar frame and various hydraulic rams etc 

Please excuse the untidy soldering, first time for me , think the difficult bit will be cleaning the main frame up for painting 

17300157934474995330135255492219.jpg

17300158543301496924185560909388.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

Looks very intricate Mark

infuriating I think was the word you were looking for Paul

I'm new to soldering , problem is you try and solder a new piece on and before you know it another 2 pieces fall off 

• Like 1

sorted a front weight hanger, also altered the exhaust and air cleaner , the exhaust is shorter now, air cleaner a bit taller, have also started on the back end, took some doing removing the pins without breaking the casts i wanted to keep.its not fixed in properly yet ,as i need to look at the way it mounts to the chassis, have an idea just need to find what i need .

IMG_3785.jpeg

IMG_3786.jpeg

IMG_3787.jpeg

• Like 1