ash tree farm, tms farm work in progress

Tractorman810

it more do e, just need tocweather up the roof,and add some guttering and down pipes ,then back in place in the layout ,with luck,and time allowing by the weekend, which in turn allows me to do the concrete yard infront of the newer barn

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

• Like 7

its the first version replicagri did ben,all green with the bale flinger on the back, found one on ebay cheap,so bought it up and removed the flinger, also altered the pto shaft so it goes across with the draw bar properly, next steps to put the sledge mounting on,and add the front knuckle joint on the pto as per the real ones, will move freely then on the tractor 

cheers martin,the sledge has taken a while, its been built for ages,and 3/4 painted,bar a few tiny bits and the balers mounting bracket its not to far of being finished now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

its the first version replicagri did ben,all green with the bale flinger on the back, found one on ebay cheap,so bought it up and removed the flinger, also altered the pto shaft so it goes across with the draw bar properly, next steps to put the sledge mounting on,and add the front knuckle joint on the pto as per the real ones, will move freely then on the tractor 

cheers martin,the sledge has taken a while, its been built for ages,and 3/4 painted,bar a few tiny bits and the balers mounting bracket its not to far of being finished now

Okay thanks, being looking for one like that but didn't want the flinger, was it hard to remove the flinger? 

• Like 1

there was indeed joe , but its a later coloured one,with the white top over the pto area, i wanted a all green early version ,although we never had one, i do remember people arround having them,and it will do me till someone does a decent mf 124 baler, or i get round to building one 

17 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

not at all, just gently popped the swivel points out , the ram thats fitted was harder to get off,the fixing rivit was a right pig to get of cleanly ,well mine was, 

Thanks, I shall soon find out as just bought one 

2 minutes ago, Agcofarmer said:

That's the later colour scheme Joe, 

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

there was indeed joe , but its a later coloured one,with the white top over the pto area, i wanted a all green early version ,although we never had one, i do remember people arround having them,and it will do me till someone does a decent mf 124 baler, or i get round to building one 

Never knew they were in different colours,:-[

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

you will soon see how it comes off, only bit thats moulded is the hydralic pump on the fly wheel at the front, but i found if you remove it completly, cut off the pump and sand it smooth, all you need to do is refit it ,with the sanding at the bottom, its so close to the chassi/tow bar you cant see it unless you turn it over, got me out of trouble as i couldnt find a decent small tin to match the class green its finished in 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, catkom3 said:

Never knew they were in different colours,:-[

Regards

Joe.

they did the same colour a bit later with the flinger again,it was a class  limited version ,and i hoped the older one would appear minus a flinger,but sadly they havnt yet, luckly i found the all green one pretty cheap £28 , on fleabay, pretty sure they were arround 50 odd when they came out as its a limited model 

• Like 2

got the barn back in today, not overly happy with the roof weathering,i used a new paint which dried quicker than expected so i couldnt drag it arround to fade in/out,so this may get redone, the next steps two small bits,one where the spud crates are stood,which will be a grassy banked area with a muddy parking space or two for the muck spreader and slurry tanker, the other is the bit between the barn and the rear of the workshop,this will be a grassed area with a proper spot for the chem store rail wagon to sit in, then on to the main yard area between the workshop and newer grey  barn

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1005.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

two small bits next mike, the bit to the left in one pic where the spud crates are, and the bit between the barn and the workshop ,where the old railway carriage is, mainly grass and alikes, pretty small bits really,but lots to make for them, then its onto the the main yard bit,in the pic ,again small areas of grass beside the workshop,just better shapped ,may go into the barn with the new finish floor wise, and weather up / extra detail the overall barn ,not really sure just yet on that bit 

IMG_1006.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

blimey  its been a while, been planning this as the next part of the build for a while now,as its to cold to paint the next concrete section i was aiming to do, sadly my origonal pole straw durch barns showing its age,and the fact it was one of my first attempts at a building build, so i have purchased a mason attics fram kit,to replace it, it will be shortened up a bit,and also height wise dropped  a bit to fit in to the other builds, new base made and maybe move the two silos over to the same side, ,which means moving the 2 anderson shelters, i need to see how it goes size wise first, wil lbe finished the same, bar maybe a brick wall at the base before the black weathered sheeting ,then drains and ivy etc added to 

00E2D3DC-99FA-4095-8B01-FD741D2B1DC7.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...