Border Fine Arts - Tractors, Horses and Lorries

BC

Both very nice models BC, i like the crawler one , very smart, yes the jacket does spoil it doesnt it

On the whole I'm pleased with them both but by nature I tend to be a critical kinda guy ;D ;D

The jacket over the front of an old Standard Fordson would have been acceptable though ;) ;)

Covering the front of the Caterpillar is a bit of a cop-out, the coat was probably easier to represent rather than the intricasies of the radiator and bars on the crawler, laziness on the part of the modeller?  ???;)  Still a very good study though. I'm certainly very pleased with my Autumn Ploughing.

Covering the front of the Caterpillar is a bit of a cop-out, the coat was probably easier to represent rather than the intricasies of the radiator and bars on the crawler, laziness on the part of the modeller?  ???;)  Still a very good study though. I'm certainly very pleased with my Autumn Ploughing.

Powerrabbit I've just heard they aere bringing out a JD callled Greasing the Wheels No B1144

post-839-132638772854_thumb.jpg

Border are going to bring their tractor studies a little more 'up to date' with more from the 'classic' era, the first was the D.B 1412 Silver Jubilee tractor 'Getting ready for Smithfield'. This one was more of an experiment to see how a cabbed tractor would turn out and what sales would be generated, a natural progression some might say. I have heard through the grapevine that more cabbed tractors are on the cards.

Powerrabbit I've just heard they aere bringing out a JD callled Greasing the Wheels No B1144

At a cost of £495 Bill I hope its accurate.  Nice to see BFA attempting some 80's kit. 

Well I've ordered one and it is due out on 4th October 2008

I've just had my 'usual' BFA shop on the phone to advise me of the announcement.  They offered 15% discount if I advance order!  Strange as it was a struggle to get 10% out of them previously.  Not sure if I will order one, would like to see a better photo first before deciding.

Just been through this topic and have to say it is brilliant. Some gorgeous models in there.

Thanks BC ;) ;) :)

Yea they are good Jez. Are you thinking of one being a John Deere man ???

Border are going to bring their tractor studies a little more 'up to date' with more from the 'classic' era, the first was the D.B 1412 Silver Jubilee tractor 'Getting ready for Smithfield'. This one was more of an experiment to see how a cabbed tractor would turn out and what sales would be generated, a natural progression some might say. I have heard through the grapevine that more cabbed tractors are on the cards.

Powerrabbit BFA normally keep tight lipped about future models all part of the charm I suppose. I would like to see a cabbed International in the future

it would be nice to see some real modern machines there too. possible??

Somehow I don't think that is their aim or market Jez. Maybe in another 20 or 30 years time they will do them when they consider them to be classic or vintage ones ;D ;D

I must admit the with the description "Greasing the wheels" the model wasn't what I had anticipated it to be. None the less I'm sure it will be a nice one. I cannot see from the photo what the model number of the JD is but I will e-mail the BFA society and ask.