Just found out my youngest son has been rushed to hospital as he has been sick for the best part of a week, the worst of it is I am stuck on a hunk of steel in the middle of the north sea and cannot be there for him or my wife who is in the hospital with him. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Just found out my youngest son has been rushed to hospital as he has been sick for the best part of a week, the worst of it is I am stuck on a hunk of steel in the middle of the north sea and cannot be there for him or my wife who is in the hospital with him. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

That must be SO difficult placed as you are.  Stay focussed - even if you are not with them physically you are there. They will know this.

Thinking of you all and sending you positive thoughts.

just found out, that my stepfathers, been told they will not do any more chemo for his throat cancer, due to reactions in his mouth from his previous cancer 2 years back ,so its now pain killers and that it, no time scales have been given but sadly it is looking very bleak, mum doesnt want me to go round tonight either, as shes not feeling to well and a bit shocked, and he doesnt want to see anyone either, so much so they just turned my brother away when he turned up enexpectidly after they got home

just found out, that my stepfathers, been told they will not do any more chemo for his throat cancer, due to reactions in his mouth from his previous cancer 2 years back ,so its now pain killers and that it, no time scales have been given but sadly it is looking very bleak, mum doesnt want me to go round tonight either, as shes not feeling to well and a bit shocked, and he doesnt want to see anyone either, so much so they just turned my brother away when he turned up enexpectidly after they got home

So sorry to hear this Sean. It must be so hard for him - he has to be given the time and space to adjust to this news that he has got - such a shock for him, and your Mum. Really hard for you and Sue too. Thinking of you and take strength in the good times you have had together.

sean mate that anit good news mate

my thoughts are with you and all your family as well as udi this week hes off to the hospital with his son this week as well  :( :( :(

ouch just gets bad news for the Seanie family hoping 2009 was the last of it....gets right into the gut doesn't Sean............ :(

Sorry to here that news Sean it is sad to hear at any time and then also so close to the new year as well. We are all thinking of you guys at this sad time from all over the world.

cheers guys, my mum rang last night, and has confirmed it, its now effectivley terminal so palative care now .they have not given him any time spans yet,next docs appointment is march, hopefully going round to see her tonight, shes taken a few days of work as she doesnt feel like it, apparently hes quite chipper about it all, but hes always been the non talk type, for a ex S,B,S ,undercover in the northern ireland problems,marine  mountain climber instructor  man like him he poss feels its a bit weak ?? 

cheers guys, my mum rang last night, and has confirmed it, its now effectivley terminal so palative care now .they have not given him any time spans yet,next docs appointment is march, hopefully going round to see her tonight, shes taken a few days of work as she doesnt feel like it, apparently hes quite chipper about it all, but hes always been the non talk type, for a ex S,B,S ,undercover in the northern ireland problems,marine  mountain climber instructor  man like him he possible feels its a bit weak ??

Sorry to hear than, Sean.  I do really feel for your mother and can understand that she doesn't want to work.  In these circumstances you want to spend all the time you can with your loved one.  Just keep giving her hugs.

• 2 weeks later...

I will post in this topic but I am not sure whether this is sad or frustrated or something else.

Mrs R went into the loft today and saw just how many boxes there are up there  :-\ :-\ she has told me I have to either stop buying models or sell some of the ones I have got.......I'm sorry but that is just unthinkable, the question is now.......what do I do??

I will post in this topic but I am not sure whether this is sad or frustrated or something else.

Mrs R went into the loft today and saw just how many boxes there are up there  :-\ :-\ she has told me I have to either stop buying models or sell some of the ones I have got.......I'm sorry but that is just unthinkable, the question is now.......what do I do??

mm hard call this, i say divorce her ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  such a good job mrs p doesnt go up in the loft i must say

well Mike... you have a few options...

1.  'Delete' Mrs R

2. Take Mrs R shopping and 'loose her'

3. Appeal to Mrs R's better side

4. Send Mrs R to bingo... change the locks and make her promise (through the letterbox) to take back what she said

5. Move house when Mrs R is asleep

any good ???