• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about the farm dog, Tim. Horrible time it is, I know how you feel buddy.

Well, Traci had her meeting and the administration team she makes up the most amount of work in has been told they are to be made redundant. Four weeks work and two weeks pay after that and then she's out on her ear. Doubt will see the decision makers take a voluntary pay cut. . . . The charity from what Traci has said over time would be better run in the hands of baboons and I think she's better out of there anyway. Doesn't really help the immediate future though!

A man whom i worked every weekend for with the horses for 15 yrs went to America on holiday for 2 wks and got very bad stomach pains.He came back last Friday and went for tests.I am still very friendly with him and close to the family and his daughter rang an hr ago to say they were told this am that its pancreatic cancer.not nice

Going downhill fast and only a pale shadow of himself .Very hard to watch.

On wednesday we had the olf farm dog put down. 17 years old, on of the best cow dogs we had.

sorry to hear about your dog tim

Well, Traci had her meeting and the administration team she makes up the most amount of work in has been told they are to be made redundant. Four weeks work and two weeks pay after that and then she's out on her ear. Doubt will see the decision makers take a voluntary pay cut. . . . The charity from what Traci has said over time would be better run in the hands of baboons and I think she's better out of there anyway. Doesn't really help the immediate future though!

sorry to hear traci losing her job tris not good in these times mate 

Thanks folks. Fortunately I have worked my socks off this . . Ahem. . . Summer ??? and with another good pay cheque to come the essentials will be covered for a little while. Traci has already applied for over twenty jobs and signed up to half a dozen local agencies. Fingers crossed, sensible decisions and take on as much work as I can and we'll be doing our best.

Bad luck that Trissy.... I don't suspect Traci will be out of work for very long mate.. I suspect some well tuned businessman/woman will soon snap her up mate. Although it's nice to have the comfort to be able to 'survive' on your recent hard efforts, it would be so much nicer and fairer if you could both enjoys the fruits of your hard labour.. god knows you deserve it mate.. I don't know many who work as hard as you do

Thanks for that Mark, nice things to say mate  :):-*

Sounds like this is going to drag on a while - the consultation period between notification and actual redundancy can take up to 12 weeks Traci has been told. It's off to the CAB tomorrow to see if she has to play along to get her payout or whether she'll forfeit it if she takes another job in the meantime should one be offered :-\ Five week month this week and so far. .. for me at least it is looking good with the numbers but yes certainly like you say it would be nice if we could enjoy it rather than have to watch the old purse strings too hard.

Just came in and just caught on the news it looks as if another mine has collapsed, from what i've heard there were 2 men inside, one got rescued leaving the other one trapped, although i only caught the end of it so mum was telling me what happened, it's bad enough being trapped with another person but to be trapped on your own not knowing whether anybody is looking for you... Poor bloke  :-\

Just found out today former friend committed suicide on the weekend totally shocked.

Also got an email saying a former work colleague died today loosing his fight with cancer of the liver and gall bladder.

And not great news yesterday either with our ongoing court case.

• 3 weeks later...

It's the last day of work for Traci today and by the texts the staff are going to miss her hugely but she's finding it a bit tearful. Traci quite enjoyed her job even though in true trust/charity style she got paid far less than she worked for.

It's the last day of work for Traci today and by the texts the staff are going to miss her hugely but she's finding it a bit tearful. Traci quite enjoyed her job even though in true trust/charity style she got paid far less than she worked for.

Sorry to hear that Tris.

Even it is hard, it opens new roads into her life,

Texas

Chin up Traci.. from every negative comes a positive I always say... then again... I never touch electricity as I always end up setting fire to things or getting a shock  :-[ ... so basically discount anything I say  :-[

What I mean is.... I am SURE you'll find something equally, if not MORE enjoyable and rewarding in no time at all. You and Trissy are a lovely hard working couple... and the sun always shines on the righteous  ;) ..

Oi... why is my hair getting wet  >:(:-[ .. Oh... it's raining again  :'(

had the boys this weekend  & i forgot all about toytrack & rather narked with myself  >:(  as toms been looking forward to going this year , poor lad looked really dissapointed  :(

gutted  :-\

Damn shame that Marcus  ;)

Its taken me 6 years to recover from their 1st visit to the UTS stand  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Little b@ggers  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But errmm you all missed a great day..just to rub it in  :laugh: :laugh:

The passing of one of Britain's finest young motor racing drivers Dan Wheldon who died in the final round of the Indycar IZOD championship over the weekend. As an avid motorsport fan i'd followed his carreer since he made his move to race in the States back in 1999. 

• 2 weeks later...

And the replacement is Simon ???

Nothing Bill he is going to hire one for summer instead,he worked it out that at 65l of diesel per hour at 73p a litre plus my wages for a 12 hr day plus wear and tear it costing roughly £800 a day to run it.

plus it will sit in the shed from now until next July plus a £14000 annual payment for next 3 year.

But the biggest reason is he has sold it for £5000 more than he payed for it in march 2010.