Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

I take it you've just snapped up the round bales?

Too true!!  At that price a shame to pass on those.  They sell for nearly a pound each usually on Ebay and around £1-25 each at a Toy Fair.  Been slowly accumulating a stack and now got all I need really, except if a few more appear at a good price.

Way to expensive for me. I feel models are not a good place to invest your money but are more for collecting. So if I like something I try to buy it if the money is right, but it has to look realistic and not something painted entirely in gold. I want to have fun doing it. If I had money to burn I would invest it in land, the only investment you can make that will surely make money and is pretty hard to get stolen or burnt.

yeah.. missed it, wtg buyer.. made the last bid  :(:o ..

Just seen that myself and the seller has got a cheek, why would anyone bid £100 for a model that is still available to order for £45..........wouldn't be so bad if they were sold out at farmmodels and becoming rare >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( >:(>:(

£100 ... is he taking the p..s if anyone buys it ,then sees them for £45 they are not going to be happy

a lot of people on e bay dont have the knowledge that most people have on here,plus some people dont even know of farm model retailers,im not saying it will sell for that but it wouldnt surprise me if it does

The madness of eBay strikes again - I recently sold a few items all with postage to UK only.  What did I receive - about three questions 'how much to send to Turkey' being one of them.  ::)  Then the winner of one item (despite me mailing him to alert him) was from Denmark!  He then tries to get me to post to Denmark.  I eventually sold it to second highest bidder and took the issue up with eBay.  Wait for it - I can't leave negative feedback - apparently sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers.

I don't use eBay that often to sell items and this experience has firmly reminded me why.

The madness of eBay strikes again - I recently sold a few items all with postage to UK only.  What did I receive - about three questions 'how much to send to Turkey' being one of them.  ::)  Then the winner of one item (despite me mailing him to alert him) was from Denmark!  He then tries to get me to post to Denmark.  I eventually sold it to second highest bidder and took the issue up with eBay.  Wait for it - I can't leave negative feedback - apparently sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers.

I don't use eBay that often to sell items and this experience has firmly reminded me why.

Hi

To be honest I dont see a problem in buyers asking an ebay seller politely if he or she will change shipping policy and send out of the resident country. Being from Denmark, (and not the guy who won one of your auctions), I often ask before bidding, if a seller is willing to change shipping policy and send to Denmark, most sellers are willing, and if not I accept it right away. So perhaps if you did use ebay more for selling you wouldnt be surpriced by the shipping questions.

Regards

Sonny

Shame really, but like you say, thats life.

Really needs to read back what hes written, the spelling is terrible  :P

if i bought a ftf model ,i would never sell it ..think its up to the person who buys it, but they will only go up in value if they keep it , for a couple of years ...or some people might see it as greedy  and selfish and also maybe some members are only on here to cash in on these limited editions  ... dont know what do you think.