Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

One thing that always bothers me though, why has he only got a feedback rating of 4 and none of which is in the last 12 months and then suddenly he has 36 items for sale.

Does he have another account and a shed load of bad feedback that he trying to hide?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got some stuff on at the moment which includes 5 of these bales, hope they make that much  :of :of :of :of

That is by far the most ridiculous price I have ever seen, so much so I have asked the seller if he was drunk when setting up the auction....... no response yet  :of

Lovely set that! I have only every seen one other! Lottery win and I might be tempted!

You could make an offer, Andy but two have already been rejected so I assume he is looking for at least 4 figures.  I will be interested to see if it does sell. 

The flip side of the high prices paid by some e-bay'ers are the others who message you to tell you what your items are worth...! The cheek of it!  >:(

I think I know what *I* want for an item and if they're not interested at that price or can't afford it or just want it for less money they can, um, go away.  :-X  ;)  :)

/malc.

P.S. Esp boils my wee when they come up with "Oh wow, that's FAR more than it's worth!" type stuff like they know more about your items than you do? Bunch of Rodneys...!  ;)

Three pre-ware "fur hoof" Britains horses have sold recently - the first went for an incredible £91, the second, a few weeks later, sold for £21 and the latest for £20.  Often the word "rare" seems to generate a bidding frenzy and it is a word too well used.  Plenty of items come up labelled "rare" which are so common I get them as make-weights with other things and have them coming out of my ears.

Every time it is a case of what the buyer is prepared to pay and many do get carried away.  I know what I am prepared to pay for an item and stop there.  If I think an item is overpriced I certainly would not contact the seller and say so - for goodness sake I will congratulate someone who gets a good sale price because that is what auctions are all about. 

That set IS rare but like Andy I cannot justify paying the asking price of £1800 and this is not an auction item but Buy it Now or Best Offer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...