Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141136547906?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT Does this Industrial DDN look like a respray to anyone? I think it's original (it had better be at that price!)

Looks okay to me, lot of bread but hey find another. Repaints stand out, to me anyway unless a poor picture, colour matching that paint appears to be difficult and painted cabs and trailers do not have a translucent look to them were the light shines through. Going by previous items sold by this seller this is 100% genuine as he lists items if repainted, whatever colour.

It looks to good to be an original for the age but you never know.A little concerned that the spade and the clips are missing for that sort of money.A very rare and sort after model.You have just got to be very careful these days with all these conversions and re-sprays about.

Spades and clips are probably the first things to get lost, so not unusual, closely followed by the cab and implement lift attachment/device probably. I only have one clip but only because it's tied to the spade with thread!

Going by the box condition it would be very difficult to replicate the original looking wear around the edges but as far as the tractor goes I would be just a tad cautious, would the rear wheels not be showing a degree of the old wheel melt by now?, or was that just reserved for the later 5000?

I have one with this wheel/tyre combination they are perfect too.

• Like 1

Quite recently I sold my flat bed trailer and tractor I made on eBay I got £12.50 gutted the person who bought it I noticed put it back on eBay a month later and this is the result doubly gutted carnt understand what I did wrong to have such as massive price difference! Suppose its luck of the draw!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ouch!!!  :o

• Like 1

Click on the number of bids in the listing and then on 'show automatic bids', you'll see that those bidders with the greater buy/sales numbers were the earlier lower amount bidders and as you go up the bidder buyer/seller numbers get lower. Seller has probably got a bank of computers on his desk each with a different eBay account and he's bidding for it himself.

• 2 weeks later...

A bit reluctant to share a good deal but as it's on a buy it now i presume they have a few...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281220854695?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Anyone bought from these guys?  

The exsaust in the photo dosnt look quite 'original' but the description kind of says you dont get the model pictured i think?

• 5 weeks later...