Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

On 6/18/2015 at 1:18 PM, justy 46 said:

I think any guy that throws a bid on an item your selling ...EBay should alert you on the bidders rating...and if you the seller ain't happy with his rating...then you should be able to lock him out of the bid for the item you are selling.

Totally agree. You get clowns with zero positive feedback bidding silly money with no intention of ever paying for the item. I have been bid against several times by people like that. A few days later the item is listed again as the bidder didn't pay. If I was a seller I wouldn't accept bids unless the bidder had at least 20 positive feedbacks.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

has he even got it?? has a reputation of putting stuff on ebay  and not actually having it in stock,had me twice in the past so wont use him since .

He’s had me too, bought an irrigator or something from him three days later he messaged me to say he never had one

• Like 1

My advice would be to avoid, I’d dealt with him for years both on line and in person at the Lakeland show. Long story short we ordered a model for Sam’s birthday, got an email to say it was being dispatched and that delivery could take up to six days. After a week nothing had appeared, so contacted him. He came back to me saying it had been delivered and sent us a photo of the delivery site, which was inside our recycling bin at the end of our farm road, which is outside our property boundary on the grass verge next to the main road. The problem was that our bin had been emptied a couple of days earlier and the model with it.  Explained all this to him, didn’t want to know, even sent a sarcastic reply saying that perhaps we should put a note on the bin next time saying not to leave any parcels in there, which really boiled my piss. Anyway, he made it quite clear that it was our problem and there would be no replacement or refund…..how wrong he was though! 

• Like 3

Sounds like there’s plenty with bad experiences then. I haven’t bought a lot of him, only the 2 7530s and a couple bits on sale. Wouldn’t be too keen on buying from him again , especially after that John, that was really out of line from the seller 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jack390 said:

Sounds like there’s plenty with bad experiences then. I haven’t bought a lot of him, only the 2 7530s and a couple bits on sale. Wouldn’t be too keen on buying from him again , especially after that John, that was really out of line from the seller 

I accept that it wasn’t his fault at all that Hermes were stupid enough to leave it in our bin and not send us notification that it had been delivered, but the way he went about resolving the problem was very poor, as I said bordering on sarcastic. However, we got refunded through our bank , and there’s no way I would ever buy from him again, so in the end it’s his loss I reckon Jack😉

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Cornish-model-farm said:

The seller was sji2400, he has a 3D printed Roadless 115 on at the moment. May be worthwhile following him in case he puts another Northrop on.

Amazing whats about, i found a full jd6195m or similar to that last night on a stl files site in 1/32 . Was hellish detailed as well not just a shell 

• Like 2

On 11/19/2023 at 8:14 AM, Jack390 said:

On 11/21/2023 at 11:06 PM, trigger82 said:

This rare, printed display card will make a tidy little sum 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not an Ebay auction but one from M & M that is due to take place tomorrow, Sunday 17th. I worked for Hough Green garage for a while and got one of these for £25, it is still stuffed into a box in the loft somewhere, up to £135 and the proper bidding hasn't even started yet

https://auctions.mm-auctions.com/catalogue/lot/c9e736f6ce79aee99a853ab6551c84a7/e1a219ee80d10447dfb3bfbc10b2c5c0/christmas-timed-auction-of-farm-models-trucks-and-scal-lot-7/

• 3 weeks later...