Ebay... Crazy prices... useful links etc.

THEBRITFARMER

• 3 weeks later...
i belive it's a prototype from britains hence the colour, we have seen a few bits done in that colour in the past but never seen a 595 in it I must say , had it on watch but it's over my bid now so will have to reasses my top bid I guess

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't look too bad but leaving those wheels and tyres on let's it down. How much is an original Siku one?

I bought one for £15 recently, I just don't think it looks anything like manure and the dirt is not well distributed in a realistic way, it's fine on a £30 model but just short of £100 seems pretty steep in my opinion, I could be wrong of course ;D

Theoretically, I agree. (definitely on the muck distribution in the tub itself). However say the model is £20, that leaves £75 worth of parts and labour. A shaft, paint, 'muck', say what £15? Brings us down to £60 worth of his time. I guess it comes down to what you'd think was a reasonable 'wage' as a modeller.

Time is the expense in custom work. Few collectors appreciate it, few builders charge for it. I would have thought a good bloke at weathering could bang these out in a couple of hours, just depends what he'd charge per hour though. A Topix for discussion perhaps?

I can only go on how long it takes me I guess, there is a culture of spray and call it weathered in my opinion where the modder simply grade sprays a model with a can of paint and then charges the earth for it. My recent Keenan spreader effort uses pigments, hand painting, over 10 colours, expensive mud paints, rubbing down, several liquid effect solutions and an airbrush and yet I would not attempt to charge £100 for it, it took about 4 hours in all.

Dependent on what is actually in the spreader here I would estimate there is an hour and half work + drying time max, I could be wrong without knowing the techniques, perhaps the pics don't do it justice.

I'll have a think about a good topic header :)

anyone having problems with ebay tonight?? know this is sort of the wrong topic, but i cant seem to see any pics when i search,takes ages to find a search to no matter what i try , and when i click onto a item, i just get a white page, nothing shows at all doesnt refresh or anything

I didn't know these were so rare, this is the most I've seen a County go for from DBB, except the gold one of course;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DBP-MODELS-FORD-COUNTY-1184-TW-TRACTOR-235-500-/160917586146?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D3553677438034879509%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D160917586146%26

Hope the Royal Mail treat it well as this seller does not seem to know what insured delivery is, and we all know what happens without it;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261129583577?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649