Stone Built Building Mk11

So here we are again folks - sat at the kitchen table with a pair of pincer nips and tweezers!

Construction now well under way on  building mk11 - the main area was the old farm barn but the arched door has been bricked up and a new opening made in the gable, and extra windows added at some time in the past.

Its gonna be a slow one... but watch this space for udates!!

100_0534.jpg

100_0533.jpg

100_0532.jpg

100_0531.jpg

100_0530.jpg

100_0529.jpg

Hi Kris ... The stone is real stone - cut down with pincers to the various sizes I require. I buy the  stone from a UK supplier in its bigger form, but unfortunately the price has just recently doubled, so this is not going to be a cheap project to say the least.

Hi Kris ... The stone is real stone - cut down with pincers to the various sizes I require. I buy the  stone from a UK supplier in its bigger form, but unfortunately the price has just recently doubled, so this is not going to be a cheap project to say the least.

Thanks for clearing that up. I wouldnt of thought it would be cheap.

It's taken me ages to get back to a PC so I can view the pics in all their glory. Truelly amazing, just as the last one you built was..... just as the section of wall you brought to Spalding was too. Incredible. You now have a layout too!!

What will the building be then, a workshop? :)

Hi Tris.. so here's the plan so far... the larger end of the building was the original barn, but the big arched doorway was stoned up and a new opening made in the gable, and extra windows added for more light - this will be the farm workshop with a mezzanine floor to the rear. The building to the left, which was also an original part of the farm, was the old workshop but as machines got bigger it just wasn't big enough, so that's why the barn was converted. The infill bit in the middle is just a general store.

Just been looking at Leverats farm, and the roof is looking really good, but I bet that it's been a bit time consuming.

I love the way the buildings already have a story to be told. It gives them all a character, if you can see where the farm would have been in ye oldun days then you can see where it might be heading now.

If you get chance, could you show us a pic of ths stone as it looks when you bring it home from work? Give us an idea of how long you sit there nib nib nibbling away to get these perfect little brickets to build with. :)

• 1 month later...