Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

What do you think about adding magnetic daul wheels like you see on the french models,just clip them on for top working down.

Dunno about that one Ol, duals aren't really something which get used at all round here.... I remember putting duals on a 2680 when I was tiny weeny, I glued a second set of tyres on the back.. ::):D Did the job but I wasn't particularly keen on them....

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Pete, the tanks are just done out of Loctite putty, shaped up with a stanley knife and file, they need rubbing down now and then they'll be ready for paint.... The steps were a right pain in the ar$e but will do.... ;):D

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Jamie, missed that one mate. It has been a bit fiddly but I've been shocked at how a bit of perseverance, a couple of attempts at certain bits and a reasonable tool kit can achieve reasonable things!

I'm going to spray the chassis black this evening if I can work out how to get the front wheels off the MTX axle... anyone got any tips...?

Cheers Ad, coming along slowly again.... ;)

Well, I've just tossed the chassis and cab frame over in satin black, will need a rub down when it's dry and another coat.

Think I may have got a bit keen with the black after the primer - said leave to dry for 7 days on the tin.... I left it for about 7 minutes  :o:D :D So I think I'll have a fair bit of orange peel and bleed through to deal with when I top coat it... ::);D

I also noticed that auto type primer doesn't take to the ABS or whatever Britains made the bodywork out of very well. Where it's been undercoated in a Humbrol enamel primer it's gone on well, but where it went onto bare un-sanded blue plastic it's 'creased'.... :-\ ::)

Have also taken a file to PDC's lovely roof panel [brave man I hear you say.. ;)] to make it a bit more rounded like the late ones, sort of worked... ;)

Everything has had another coat of high build primer to try to take out any fine file / paper marks.....

Will leave all that to stand now, maybe tomorrow or whenever Mrs H is next working I'll rub it down and give it a blow over, might even thin down some of the NH blue & white and run it through the airbrush to do the wheels and bodywork.

Going to make a new set of fender extensions now out of black plasticard, the first ones needed some fairly involved fettling so I'll use them as a pattern to make another [Mk 3!] set and try to get them right this time  ::););D

Cheers Pete, I need to give priming a bit more thought..... the Humbrol primer goes on well but is a real fiddle in those little pots. The Holts one I bought today says it'll do plastic on the tin, and it goes onto styrene a treat, but it's a waste of time on ABS or whatever Britains used..... will have to call in to Halfords and grab a tin of that stuff... thanks.....

Here you go then, few pics of it with some paint on....

Will make new fender extensions in black plasticard this evening hopefully [can't remember if Mrs H is out or not.. ???;)]

Need to get some detail inside the cab now and then I can start to think about final painting and assembly, glazing etc....

I think she looks better for some black paint... ;)

post-1414-132638962022_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638962036_thumb.jpg

Reasonably happy with the way the fuel tank and weight hanger have come out.

The weight hanger may be replaced at some point, but as I don't currently have anything else to put on it I thought this would do.... you don't need weights or linkage to pull a round baler anyway....  ;)

post-1414-132638962046_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638962068_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ian, they have come out remarkably well in the photo which is surprising because I've found photos to be hugely unforgiving.... They're not very accurate - the cant forwards and the tread frames have rounded corners not square like they should be, but they're passable... ;)

I've had a new wave of enthusiasm for this project this week!!  ;D

looking good simon, just one question, will the cab and arches be getting lower when finished? they seem a long way up from the rear wheels at the mo, or is that just where they are loose fitted

Thanks Sean, they certainly will.... I've got to file some of the floorpan / dash console away because it's forcing the whole floorpan back and up. Nothing's glued yet so it will all tighten down ..... hopefully.... :-\ ;):D

They don't Sean. I try very hard to get clear pictures, I only have a cheap 7mp Olympus but I can get reasonable photos with the right lighting in macro - seem to be ok for Model Farmer mag anyway..  ;) I'm by no means worth listening to as an 'expert' at this build thing but I've been trying to put up enough photos so it's clear what I'm doing... that way others can avoid the c0ck ups I make....  ;):D

I'm itching to do some more on it this evening but Mrs H isn't working so I don't think I'll be able to  >:(;):D :D

These are some of the images I've been working to for those interested.... anyone spot anything I've got massively wrong... ??? It's still not too late for me to put it right! Might draw the line at Mark 4 steps though.... ;):D

post-1414-132638963041_thumb.jpg