The Aughton Valley Collection

the last picture looks like they just pulled out of Padrig's yard. ;)

All set for some second cut silage action back at my parents alongside my John Deere 7550i forager. ;)

I did consider yoking the two trailers to matching John Deere tractors aswell Ol, however for the outdoor "back garden" silage scene I hope to get around to setting up soon they will stay on the Internationals, even if they do look a little bit big on them. It won't be anywhere near the standard of Padraig's amazing scenes or anyone elses for that matter but hopefully i'll be able to put together some half decent photographs of them in action now I have a set of trailers. :) 

Just in time for harvest! Bought earlier in the year as an ex UK evaluation machine, "Derwent Vale Farm's" Challenger 680B has spent most of it's recent life in the dealer's workshop under going repairs after it's new owner wiped out the right rear quarter of the machine against a shed attempting a Top Gear style test drive when it first arrived. :)

P1070850.jpg

P1070851.jpg

P1070852.jpg

P1070853.jpg

Header on, everything present and correct and in full working order, just need the weather to dry up now. :)

P1070855.jpg

P1070856.jpg

.....Back to reality......

My real reason for purchasing Schuco's efforts at miniaturising this particular combine harvester, which came from the Spalding Spring Show earlier in the year. My luckiest and arguabley most impressive modern machinery find to date that I discovered on demonstration back in 2009. :)

DSC05497.jpg

DSC05484.jpg

DSC05490.jpg

.....Back to reality......

My real reason for purchasing Schuco's efforts at miniaturising this particular combine harvester, which came from the Spalding Spring Show earlier in the year. My luckiest and arguabley most impressive modern machinery find to date that I discovered on demonstration back in 2009. :)

What a find!  :of

What a find!  :of

Couldn't quite believe my eyes when I stumbled across it Josh, a complete fluke, right place at the right time I guess. Absolutely awesome machine to witness in action and my one and only reason for purchasing the model to accompany my photographs. :)

stunning model david,does the grain tank lid open on the model?

Unfortunately it doesn't Paul, which is a shame as it would be really nice to display the model just like the real one in my photographs. The main moving parts are the hinged rear access door to the ladder that leads to the engine bay ( the major part I managed to break ) and the lid to the engine itself. Steering axle and header movement are par for the course on a model of this detail and price.

Visually it's stunning, I'm a huge fan of the Challenger livery and some of the detail is exceptional, and rightly so for a model that cost me nearly £80.  Although that's not to say it's entirely free from fault. Some of the casting is a little on the rough side and whilst i'll admit to being a little heavy handed with the model when I originally tried to unpackage it some of the major parts seem to be held together with very little in the way of strength. Also without wishing to sound like an incredibley tight and picky Yorkshireman it would have also been nice to have opening cab doors and reel height adjustment on the header.

That said it's comfortabley the best 1/32nd scale combine harvester I have in my collection and definitely one of my favourite models in my collection. It's also been great to finally have this model out on display after my clumsiness when I first bought it. :) 

i have the massey version david,ive not evan taken it out of the box,which is unusual for me,something is telling me not to weather it,might be the price,dunno what it is,i think it will come out of its box sometime,its not right caging a model like that,so it will turn up on venton farm soon,thanks for showing us the challenger version,shame about no opening cab door,how am i going to get a driver in there,hope its not a strip down

i have the massey version david,ive not evan taken it out of the box,which is unusual for me,something is telling me not to weather it,might be the price,dunno what it is,i think it will come out of its box sometime,its not right caging a model like that,so it will turn up on venton farm soon,thanks for showing us the challenger version,shame about no opening cab door,how am i going to get a driver in there,hope its not a strip down

You're very welcome Paul. I was perhaps a little too eager to remove mine from it's original home when I first bought it. Absolutely chuffed to bits I now have the model on display, i'm not one for keeping them in their boxes either. :)

The cab appears to be a seperate part on the model. Having had a good look underneath the rams used for raising and lowering the elevator need to be unpinned so the central casting that contains both axle housings can be unscrewed and removed. This should leave you access to the two screws holding the cab in place against the main part of the combine's body. Hope that makes sense Paul.

You're very welcome Paul. I was perhaps a little too eager to remove mine from it's original home when I first bought it. Absolutely chuffed to bits I now have the model on display, i'm not one for keeping them in their boxes either. :)

The cab appears to be a seperate part on the model. Having had a good look underneath the rams used for raising and lowering the elevator need to be unpinned so the central casting that contains both axle housings can be unscrewed and removed. This should leave you access to the two screws holding the cab in place against the main part of the combine's body. Hope that makes sense Paul.

great stuff david thanks for the info

david this  is a picture  of my schuco fendt 9460r  really good details love to bits should display it  bit more often

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32045.0;attach=143294

It really is a model that doesn't deserve to be kept in it's box Jonathan. Delighted i've got my Challenger example fixed up and on display with the rest of my collection it's a superb model, i've also done some prints of the real machine I found to display with it aswell.

Thanks for posting the link to your Fendt version it looks a treat lined up in front of your wonderful collection of Fendt tractors. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been considering doing this for a while now, and in the last couple of days finally got around to setting up a very simple google based "blog" to catalogue my collection on and other bits and pieces connected with my interest in all things farm machinery.

http://derwentvalecollection.blogspot.com/

Thanks ever so much Joe. It's definitely one of my favourite models perhaps more so because I was so fortunate to witness the real deal in action. I'd certainly recommend getting any of the versions available, but, just be careful when taking out of it's box. As I discovered to my frustration when I first bought mine, they don't bounce. :-X:D

I've been considering doing this for a while now, and in the last couple of days finally got around to setting up a very simple google based "blog" to catalogue my collection on and other bits and pieces connected with my interest in all things farm machinery.

http://derwentvalecollection.blogspot.com/

Interesting David.Did it take long to set up ???

Interesting David.Did it take long to set up ???

Not long at all Bill once you've registered. I've used this "blog" template before for other interests and it's very straight forward to set up It's very similar to Microsoft MySpace which I spent a lot of time on long before the days of Facebook. Whilst I appreciate it has a huge amount of limitations, i'm no web designer, so it will do for me. :)

Here's my most recent additions to my collection, three lovely classics and all contenders for my top ten favourites of 2011.

Weise certainly know how to put together an MB-Trac and their 1100 is no exception, it's nothing short of stunning and joins my 1600 Turbo and 1500 "kinky nose" examples made by them.

P1080948.jpg

P1080949.jpg

P1080950.jpg

P1080956.jpg

You ve my kinda taste. The MB1100,Fiat 880 & Valmet 705 are big on my shopping list also. Along with the  Replicagri Fiat 1300,Schuco IH 1455,& UH MF 240. Hope to get a few at Coxys show in Watergrasshill next week & just tick em of my shopping list. ;D 

You ve my kinda taste. The MB1100,Fiat 880 & Valmet 705 are big on my shopping list also. Along with the  Replicagri Fiat 1300,Schuco IH 1455,& UH MF 240. Hope to get a few at Coxys show in Watergrasshill next week & just tick em of my shopping list. ;D 

I'm certainly enjoying all these classic era releases Justin, much more my cup of tea. Whilst I do have quite a few modern machines in my collection that fill out certain themes I much prefer the styling of these older tractors and they also remind me of tractors I used to see as a kid growing up in the eighties.

Speaking of the Repliagri Fiat 1300 and Schuco International 1455XL I came home with both those models today and both look the business, i've no complaints with either. :)