The Aughton Valley Collection

Glad to see the blues building up nicely! Followed by some cracking reds and greens. Lovely collection.

Thanks ever so much John. Delighted with my most recent purchases and how my collection has developed. I'm very proud of it. I've plenty of very specific ideas for further additions to my blue theme largely centred around 10 series Fords of all generations, and around some of the other conversion manufacturers of days gone by. An MFM Northrop 5004 being very close to the top of my neverending wish list. :)

• Like 1

a fine fine collection David,i must admit those britains jd's really look the buisness,my collection is depleting,to many models not enough room on the layout to show them off and a lot of the models i have no tie with,so selling off a few,your collection continues to grow David,thanks for posting up

Thanks ever so much Paul, you're welcome. I'm continuing to really enjoy building up my collection of classics. I've definitely no regrets about moving on nearly all of my really modern models I had very little enthusiasm for. I reckon i've sold the best part of 250 models with the proceeds reinvested in what you now see. I'll say this too, i'm massively greatful to my parents who happened to retire to a place with nearly two rooms worth of space for my collection to expand into. :)

The Britains John Deeres are fantastic for the money, and definitely don't look out of place sat alongside their much more exclusive Miniagripassion company. :)

The Schuco JD 7810 is on my XMAS wish list.  It looks a nice model & the Britains JD 50 Series are fantastic value for the money. 

The 7810 is an absolute cracker and having looked back through the general releases i've bought this year is definitely my favourite. For the detail the Britains 50 series encompass they're superb value for money. Just need the 3650 now. :)

• 1 month later...

great buys as always David, especially like the 7810 on duals and the 2850. ;-)

Thanks ever so much Mark, appreciated mate, really pleased with them all. Chuffed to bits with the 7810 conversion from Pieter Dijkstra, he's made a really tidy job of putting it onto duals. For the moment i've put a Weise A - frame on the front linkage, but I might purchase a weight block for it too. Martyn's 2850 is a little gem of a model. :)

• Like 1

some nice buys there david, sorry worms :laugh:  :laugh: , only saw the jan mf 3060 over the weekend, the others arrived under cover of bags and coats and went right into boxes under the table ,are the duals on the 7810 removable then ??

Thanks ever so much Sean, really pleased with my Zwolle buys and how they fit into the various themes in my collection. Jan and Robert's 3060 is another first class little model. The finish they have achieved is second to none.  I initially assumed the duals were removable on the 7810 but actually they're not. It's still very smart conversion and the duals do look really good none the less. They're another set of 7810 wheels with the centres taken out. The tractor that had donated it's wheels for this conversion was also on Pieter's stand and had received some much beefier and wider solid centre wheels. As with the other custom builder's represented in my collection i'm a big fan of Pieter's work and now have half a dozen of his execellent conversions in my cabinets. :)

• Like 2

I will send you a picture of my great 7810 that I was telling you about ha ha!, will be a few new threads up here from you with real/ model

Thanks Mark. I'm certainly planning several real vs model threads in due course with some of the models I have bought recently and from Zwolle. I reckon there's scope for at least four John Deere threads with photos I have of the real machines. :)

• Like 1

Nice purchases David. The Ford 8630 looks a real treat as does the White 4-210 & the JD 2850.   ;)  

Thanks ever so much Justin. Lots more lovely classics to add to my cabinets. The 8630 is without doubt one of my favourite models in my collection. Another fantastic build from Martyn Reeve. He had one at Zwolle last year and I regretted not purchasing it back then. Chuffed to bits to now have one in my collection. :)

What a beauty! Thanks Martyn. :)

P1390474_zpsf4be115e.jpg

• Like 6

lovely additions David mate, it looks like you have added some great quality to your collection as usual. sad to miss zwolle myself this year, as i was seriously considering it, but as my wife is expecting our first child TODAY, i thought i had better not chance it. and a you can guess, zwolle has been and gone, and no baby yet. prehaps next year.

• Like 1

lovely additions David mate, it looks like you have added some great quality to your collection as usual. sad to miss zwolle myself this year, as i was seriously considering it, but as my wife is expecting our first child TODAY, i thought i had better not chance it. and a you can guess, zwolle has been and gone, and no baby yet. prehaps next year.

Thanks ever so much Chris. Absolutely chuffed to bits with my Zwolle purchases and how my collection has continued to develop. Lots more specific ideas and plans once the wreckage that is my bank balance recovers sufficiently enough. :)

I cannot recommend a trip to Zwolle enough mate. I can definitely gurantee you would have a great time. Wishing you all the best for the arrival of your baby. :)

• Like 1

A nice selection of additions there David, particularly like the Ford 6710 and the White 4-210 - thats a really impressive looking machine, which Ertl have done a nice job of.

Thanks ever so much Joe. Delighted with how these models fit into some of the themes i've been hoping to expand. The 6710 is very smart, another fantastic build of Dave's. I bought it having been messaged with a photograph of a real one which this is almost identical to. The White is another really impressive model. I'm now fully up to date with all of the National Farm Toy Show Edition models. :)

Great additions David real classics. Shame I missed it this year but waiting for our new addition (baby) so not allowed out to play !!!!

Thanks ever so much Richard. Really pleased in the direction my collection is heading, classic era tractors all the way! :)....Just had a little look in my cabinets to see whether there's anything more I can potentially thin out now. Hope everything goes really well with the imminent arrival of you and wife's baby. All the best mate. :) 

Thanks ever so much Niels. Very pleased with my Zwolle purchases. It's been nice to expand my John Deere cabinet a little further recently. Definitely going to need do some rearranging in light of my most recent additions. :)

Thanks for sharing that photograph of the real machine. I'm planning a real vs model thread on this range of tractors in due course. :)

• 1 month later...

Here's my most recent additions to my collection lined up together. Once the weather improves I hope to have some outside shots of my recent purchase and models that came home from Zwolle with me.

P1390510_zps642e91b5.jpg 

P1390513_zpsa3b13f76.jpg

Repliagri's effort at miniaturising the Case IH Magnum 7240. Really impressed with this model, great value for money too.

P1390515_zpsb0330cd8.jpg

P1390514_zps305d47e3.jpg

• Like 1

The GRASSMEN line up. Like it. ;) Yet to watch it mind. 

I suppose you could call it a "second evolution" Grassmen line up Justin. They're using Ford TW35, Case IH Magnum 7140, and early type John Deere 4755. My models depict slightly later tractors but I thought they would look nice lined up together. :)

I suppose you could call it a "second evolution" Grassmen line up Justin. They're using Ford TW35, Case IH Magnum 7140, and early type John Deere 4755. My models depict slightly later tractors but I thought they would look nice lined up together. :)

Yeah. The TW-35 i knew about. Was not sure what the other 2 exactly were in the new DVD.  ;)

Edited by justy 46
  • Like 1