harvest has started

Tractorman810

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice picture ;), remember having an interview on a farm in the cotswolds were they ran 2 TF's and a smaller TX for tight areas,

Thanks Peter, there's a couple of fairly tidy TX36 machines not far from me that I also hope to find at work this harvest along with a whole host of older 8000 series machines.  ;)

Well harvest had started here in Aberdeenshire. Several fields of winter Barley are down and several more had been started but rain has stopped play. Also a local contractor have got there shelbourne reynolds swather out swathing rape.

you dont want to go up and down the a140 to many times for us malcy, that road is plain dam horrible to drive, although it does pass some great big clear to see fileds theres hardly anywhere to stop i have always found

It's trying to avoid all the rubberneckers like yourself trying to spot farm machinery! ;)

How annoying is it when you pass a Lexion 600TT with 36ft header, at night, in rape, lit up like a Baghdad bombing raid . . . . and not having a camera. . . ? >:( >:(

Wish ours was lit up to start with  :D

It has started round here - one field done by the CX820 done and I saw a Lexion that has cut the headland of another field...and another field which I think would have been cut by a CX8060 also nearly done!

Remember to get some photos for us Tris.

Just coming to the end of a field of barley on the TX34, baling at another farm was rained off for a while. I'm helping a farmer who's TF42 let him down, he's going again now so whether I'm done or whether I'm following him in another field I don't know yet.

Just coming to the end of a field of barley on the TX34, baling at another farm was rained off for a while. I'm helping a farmer who's TF42 let him down, he's going again now so whether I'm done or whether I'm following him in another field I don't know yet.

any photo's today ??? ???

Well was up around portsoy/ cullen area yesterday and cullen farms have cut several acres of winter barley an all the rape has now been swathed down. Nothing has been baled yet thought. Noticed that cullen farms had one of there lexions sat out waiting to go through the rape. Winter wheat is coming on nicely should be a couple weeks more spring barley is ripening up nicely should be several local boys in that when I get home in 2 weeks. Quite a lot has been badly lodged though with all the heavy rain we have been having only the green stuff has been hit riper stuff survived well.

last night, local farmer packed up around 10.30pm, heard the Case go by, rained all today so doubt they will be out tomorrow either now.....please let me see something at the weekend!!!